2019 Gatorchatter Expansion - Need input

Would you tell a Gator fan you just met about Gatorchatter?

• Probably yes

Votes: 50 94.3%
  • Probably no

Votes: 3 5.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
Something like "For all things Gator" go to gatorchatter.com or "Lets talk orange and blue" or something along those lines.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
FWIW, Gatorchatter appears below the page break when you type Gator message boards and similar other key search words into Google. Swamp Gas is consistently above it.

That might be a good place to start.

Musclepug

never go full retard
Lifetime Member
Aug 4, 2018
FWIW, Gatorchatter appears below the page break when you type Gator message boards and similar other key search words into Google. Swamp Gas is consistently above it.

That might be a good place to start.

I'm not buying for a second.....that that's what you're googling

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
I used to have a web related site, and remember some tricks to get noticed.

Five Ways to Improve your Site's Ranking (SEO)

Meta data is what I remember. Also you can pay somewhat but I don't know how effective that is. I used to read a blog on the NYT for small business, the author manufactured custom business furniture and had several posts on how to improve your position. If I can find it I will post but it might be out of date.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
Lots of things can be done or tried.
A radio spot during a game broadcast, or on the talk stations like 97.3 or 104.5.
Maybe a jingle or a music intro just for the site. Help if I can.
Members or even visitors here should be encouraged to e-mail or share info with other Gator fans. Social media can change over night but the two things that you can have are your website and your email list.
It would be cool to have a former Gator plug the site.
I'll keep thinking..

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
In all honesty 90% of your user base is 40+ in age. I’d find all Gator clubs and email them and then I’d let them build banners specific to their club to have under their name.

This is very true. Most of the gators <40 are too busy being charter members of the Twitter mob that focuses on attacking people for living their lives as they see fit.
This is really important stuff to them so they don't have time for a silly message board.

Sorry Ox, but I am fine with none of these clowns polluting the Chatter.

Gator515151

2018 Pick 'Em Champ
Aug 16, 2018
A Pickem contest might generate some traffic but some butt hole would probably run away with it and kill traffic.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Mom and I wear our t-shirts out in town together. It makes for a great conversation piece. You'd be surprised how many Gator fans we run into here in NC.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
I happen to own a Print/Marketing company. I can prolly help you out with professional advice if nothing else. PM me.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I happen to own a Print/Marketing company. I can prolly help you out with professional advice if nothing else. PM me.
I'd blow off your business advice, but what about giving me a deal on some marketing material?

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
I'd blow off your business advice, but what about giving me a deal on some marketing material?

I can hook you up through my trade channels but on second thought with that attitude why would I? I’m sure you don’t spend enough on marketing to make it worth my while to charge you so if you don’t want my free advice good luck.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I can hook you up through my trade channels but on second thought with that attitude why would I? I’m sure you don’t spend enough on marketing to make it worth my while to charge you so if you don’t want my free advice good luck.
Daaaaaaamn.

Threat used to have a sense of humor, not sure what happened to him.

Alchemist

Lifetime Member
Nov 23, 2017
One idea is add a “share” button. Makes it easy to email/facebook/insta a funny or interesting thread, post, or meme which could result in new members coming to see more.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
One idea is add a “share” button. Makes it easy to email/facebook/insta a funny or interesting thread, post, or meme which could result in new members coming to see more.
I could actually do that I just have doubts it would ever really get used.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.