2019 Gatorchatter Expansion - Need input

Would you tell a Gator fan you just met about Gatorchatter?

• Probably yes

Votes: 50 94.3%
  • Probably no

Votes: 3 5.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I could actually do that I just have doubts it would ever really get used.
The few youngsters we have would use it I would think. Don’t think most of us old dudes use any of that sociable media stuff.
:goon:

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Word of mouth is the life blood of any business. How it is done today compared to even just a decade ago is different and evolving.

Yes, Facebook and Twitter are avenues to pursue, us old farts be damned. Let us old cretins use our lips in public whenever someone says "Go Gators" at you and starts a conversation. Case in point, I took my wife out to breakfast here in the booming town of Shelby on Saturday morning to a local breakfast joint in the bustling downtown. 3 times walking to and from the car and in the restaurant we heard "Go Gators" from three different people. Yes, this area is more pro-Gator than most since Spikes, Bullard, etc. came from here and still have family (my supervisor at work is Spikes second cousin), but it proves the Gator Nation is truly everywhere. It will be easier than you think to mention GC in brief conversation with people and build the GC brand.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
giphy.gif

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
I like the idea of trying the Gator clubs, and I do share through email some threads, it might not really produce the desired results.

How about trying to get swag sold in the book store, or on the street on game day?

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
We need a contest. Loser streaks on to the field with a GCMB logo painted on them.

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
You might try a targeted email list. Here is one example Sports and Entertainment Marketing List

I have purchased tickets and hotel from an organization, or those various sites that sell tickets might share some information for advertising.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I've always been partial to Sky Writing or Planes towing banners over athletic events....

In stadium sky have 2 planes. #1 with a GatorChatter.com banner. # 2 with a WarChant banner. Above the crowd, have them dogfight with GtChat cutting off their banner. Or cut off a Swamp Gas banner.

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I've dropped the Gatorchatter name on social media many times. I also plugged our site many times in Swamp Gas months ago before they banned me. I'll see if I can do it all again!

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
I’ve told you like five times I’d put you in touch with this guy. His progression?
1) popular poster in comments on ZeroHedge.
2) started his own blog/forum on blogspot.
3) outgrew that an started tfmetalsreport.
4) now living the life you keep saying you want to live.

Won’t offer again.

TF Metals Report

LurkingGator

Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2016
There are some good ideas in this thread.

"So I am reading your 2018 2019 forum thread, and it occurred to me, when I am out and about, I see somebody with gator gear, car tag, etc, if I have a chance I talk a little gator talk with them then mention to them to check out this site."

Carib is right. You can do an organic grass roots campaign.

Assign every member a referral code as Carib suggested. Members could be given a URL that would take people directly to a signup page and would credit the referring member with the registration. And add a box to the signup page for referral codes. QR codes might be useful too, for potential members that are more smart phone oriented rather than PC oriented.

Incentive:
Oxbucks for referring new members. And set up a process to make this easy to track.

Contest:
A contest for referring new members. You could do it yearly, but people might lose interest if they aren't in contention early on. So you could make it semiannual or quarterly. Maybe have a regular season to get into a bracket style playoff. Then the top referrers can shoot it out head to head during the playoff rounds.

That would have interesting implications as top performers would probably hold back once they locked down a playoff spot, but if it gins up more interest in the campaign, then why not? The prize would be bragging rights on the board, and an Oxbucks prize. And not having to streak naked with the GCMB log painted on their arse. Maybe a trophy (or virtual trophy) and some GCMB swag.

GatorJ has a good point about demographics. We probably fit into a pretty predictable segment. If you spend real money on marketing, that's going to be important. If you can find the right mail list, you can do a snail mail or email campaign. ChiefGator's targeted mail list is a good idea. How you execute that is going to depend on budget and goals.

I agree that the "share" button idea probably doesn't resonate with our demographic, but if you can get something out there in those channels for little or no cost then it wouldn't hurt.

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
As much as it pains me to say it, The Sun is probably still the go to spot for many Gator fans since it’s the home town rag. Maybe some ads on their site?
They probably would refuse to run it.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Thanks everyone for the input.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users