2019 NFL Draft: ZERO Vols drafted AGAIN

Thick&ThinG8r

Lifetime Member
Aug 21, 2014
:rolleyes4:

Spare me the poor athlete bullshyt. Kids are millionaires after being a (terrible) scout team QB for three years. I dont care even a little about the "plight" of the NFL players.
You obviously negotiated the sh!tty CBA the players signed. pat dooley sucks could have done better.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
2012. Top player drafted was Jaye Howard, in the middle of 4th round. I think Chris Rainey was the only other Gator drafted that year. Haven’t actually checked, but I’d be willing to bet at least one FCS school and a bunch of mid-Majors did better that year.
Had some time today so I checked. Turns out I was half right: No FCS schools had more players drafted that year, though Montana also had two (including a 3rd rounder). Several mid majors, however, including such perennial football powerhouses as San Diego State, Utah State, Nevada, and Cincinnati had three or more drafted that year. So yeah, 2012 was a really bad draft class......

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
other than alvin kamara, they havent had anyone go and do anything in the nfl in quite a while. I did see that jalen hurd got drafted. I suppose tennessee could claim him, even tho he transferred 2 years ago.

Scott512

Sep 1, 2014
Kyler Murray isnt worth first pick money. He is easily as risky as Johnny Eightball.

Those Big 12 air raid qbs never look good when faced with something other than a Big 12 defense.
I agree with you 100%.

but I still can't believe we're Daniel Jones was taken and where will Grier was taken. Jones is lucky to have the Manning mafia connection. Lol. Jones was a zero star recruit out of high school for a reason.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Interestingly, Elijah Holyfield from UGA didn't get drafted. He signed a UDFA deal w/ Carolina. So he and Scarlett will be competing for a roster spot.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Well their only decent player, Jalen Hurd, transferred from UT as a RB to Baylor to play WR and was drafted by the 49ers in the 3rd round.

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
IMO...The only way the Vols get back to where they once were is to bring in someone like Payton Manning to Coach or Recruit.

Or they can bring in a "System" different than most the other SEC Schools. Otherwise...Why would you go to UT?

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Well their only decent player, Jalen Hurd, transferred from UT as a RB to Baylor to play WR and was drafted by the 49ers in the 3rd round.

No, their only decent player transferred to UF and is our starting punter! :D

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
IMO...The only way the Vols get back to where they once were is to bring in someone like Payton Manning to Coach or Recruit.

Or they can bring in a "System" different than most the other SEC Schools. Otherwise...Why would you go to UT?
To become a "Champion of Life", of course.

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
USF will start out recruiting UT and putting players in the NFL with Kerwin as OC.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
There was criticism about the jags pick of LB Quincy Williams. Here is the write-up from Daniel Popper in "The Athletic.,"

But within league circles, the Jaguars were praised. Kyle Shanahan even went as far as lauding the pick, unprompted, during his post-draft news conference with San Francisco media, saying Williams “went exactly where he should have gone.”

It’s not surprising Williams wasn’t on the radars of most draft forecasters. He didn’t attend the combine. He wasn’t at the Senior Bowl. His first all-star game exposure was at the NFLPA Collegiate Bowl. But his measurables are off the charts. Caldwell said he ran a 4.49 40-yard dash at his pro day at 232 pounds. His vertical jump is 39.5 inches and his standing broad jump is 10 feet, 4 inches.

Said Jaguars director of college scouting Mark Ellenz: “We didn’t take him to make a splash. I know my phone is getting blown up by people and I see the stuff, the bloggers and everything, and they’re like, ‘Who is this? What a wasted pick!’ And then they watch his (highlight) link and they’re like, ‘Great pick.’ So just be patient with it, and let’s see what happens.”

The more I read about Williams, the more I like. It appears to be similar to the Giants Daniel Jones pick. The so-called experts didn't like it. The league disagrees with their assessment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.