Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
TWO Iowa tight ends in the first round?

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Dude, what did you think of your two picks? My nephew, a big Pac fan, doesn't like Gary pick, loves Savage.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Dude, what did you think of your two picks? My nephew, a big Pac fan, doesn't like Gary pick, loves Savage.
Gary pick was awful, as was that nobody cb from nobody maryland. GB drafting is like watching a slow moving trainwreck. every. damn. year.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Looks like no Gators in the first round? when was the last time that happened? hasnt happened much in the last three decades Im sure.

i just looked at the nfl.com player evaluation and they list Polite as a likely special teams player and backup?

wow....

Last edited:

Renard904

Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
The Cards are idiots, and I’m not saying that as a referendum on whether Murray will work out, as I don’t know. They are stupid because at least one (and maybe both) of their 2 first round picks from last year & tonight will have been wasted. If Murray unseats Rosen, Rosen gets traded for at best a second round pick, maybe lower. Wasted pick.
I disagree.
Drafting players is not an exact science. They drafted Rosen in hopes that he'd become their franchise QB. The next year they hire a new coach and a QB coming out happens to be perfect for his system. You make the pick! That's not an indictment on Rosen. He may turn out to be a great QB. But you still have to take the perfect pick, even if it doesn't work out. We've already seen what the proverbial "fitting a square peg in a round hole" theory gets you. And Rosen doesn't fit.

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

I really don’t like the Gary pick. I like Savage but not sure we needed to move up to get him. Was really hoping for Bush, Hockenson, or an OL at 12. Gary seems to be an underwear warrior

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
I disagree.
Drafting players is not an exact science. They drafted Rosen in hopes that he'd become their franchise QB. The next year they hire a new coach and a QB coming out happens to be perfect for his system. You make the pick! That's not an indictment on Rosen. He may turn out to be a great QB. But you still have to take the perfect pick, even if it doesn't work out. We've already seen what the proverbial "fitting a square peg in a round hole" theory gets you. And Rosen doesn't fit.

Fair enough and we’ll see how it works out for them. One thing I didn’t mention that you did is the coach...the guy with the .467 winning % as a HC and no NFL HC experience, all of which could be considered an indictment of the Cards organization. But that’s a separate discussion.

Gulfstream

Founding Member
Mr. Breeze
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
Gary pick was awful, as was that nobody cb from nobody maryland. GB drafting is like watching a slow moving trainwreck. every. damn. year.

They are still experiencing winter up there. Their metabolism has not warmed up yet. Screw'em.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Jags got a helluva OLB.

He’s moving to defensive end. He’ll sub for Campbell in passing situations when Campbell moves inside like they did with Fowler. He’ll also spell Yannick at times.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Looks like no Gators in the first round? when was the last time that happened? hasnt happened much in the last three decades Im sure.

i just looked at the nfl.com player evaluation and they list Polite as a likely special teams player and backup?

wow....

Surprised Taylor wasn't in the 1st round with all the talk about him earlier. Quite a few people
had him being the 2nd OT taken but 4 were taken in the 1st round I think.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
Agree. Can we bring back Ron Wolf? He always knew what he was doing. Thompson and Gutekunst or whatever is name is are bums. Pack should just stop drafting in the first round.

But maybe this is setting up nicely to pick Grier :grin:

Last edited:

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
I was absolutely surprised with all the talk that Taylor was going to be a 1st round pick, [possibly top 10.) So I give him credit for going from a not highly recruited high school player to a potential 1st round pick. With that said, nothing about his play on the field ever said to me 1st round guy. I just did not see it. Now I am not sure about his health issues and perhaps they are legit, but on his play he was not a 1st rounder, but due to a weak O-line class and perhaps potential, perhaps that is what drove his stock up.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I was absolutely surprised with all the talk that Taylor was going to be a 1st round pick, [possibly top 10.) So I give him credit for going from a not highly recruited high school player to a potential 1st round pick. With that said, nothing about his play on the field ever said to me 1st round guy. I just did not see it. Now I am not sure about his health issues and perhaps they are legit, but on his play he was not a 1st rounder, but due to a weak O-line class and perhaps potential, perhaps that is what drove his stock up.

He did improve a bunch in 2018. I remember in 2017 the quick DEs were eating him up on passing downs and he got that mostly corrected in 2018.

I saw a few people acting surprised Williams from Bama went that high but as a true freshman he was handling future high draft pick NFL D linemen.

Last edited:

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
For those wondering about Jawaan Taylor, some red flags popped up about his health. Serious enough to have teams pass on him completely.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I'm thinking Grier could go 56th overall to the Pats as possible successor to Brady.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator