2019 NFL Draft: ZERO Vols drafted AGAIN

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Lez bi honest, they were all defense.

And Mullinz lets his DCs run their side of the ball completely (ie not recruiting DTs, ILBs or safeties for the last two years)

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
I'm thinking Grier could go 56th overall to the Pats as possible successor to Brady.

And I’m thinking those Chinese penis enlargement pills should start working any month now.

Pats won’t waste a pick on Grier. They need a TE, more D-lineman and another WR

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
And I’m thinking those Chinese penis enlargement pills should start working any month now.

Pats won’t waste a pick on Grier. They need a TE, more D-lineman and another WR
Wouldn't know. I'm already a big dick.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I will say this. Brian Hoyer isn't exactly the future in NE. Grier met with the team over the past few weeks and they are said to have a ton of interest.

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
I will say this. Brian Hoyer isn't exactly the future in NE. Grier met with the team over the past few weeks and they are said to have a ton of interest.

Well...they did take a chance on Brissett, why not Grier?

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Well...they did take a chance on Brissett, why not Grier?
Every QB in the draft is a risk unless you're drafting one in the sixth round as NE did in 2000.

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
If you’re talking about Murray, you’re correct but that’s about their only chance to escape the quandary unscathed and that’s probably a long shot. I think value can be better maximized by trading draft picks before selecting the player. Once the players start being drafted the dynamics change dramatically and things get more complicated, IMO.

That is who I was thinking of, today on sports center they made the case for them keeping both QBs and having them compete. The problem is that is expensive and if they are selfish it won't work that well. I would have traded the pic for several others or players since a team is more than a QB.

Spurdog98

Preston Brooks
Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2018
Sorry to see Jawaan not drafted yet. Hard to believe there aren't any teams in need of a quality OT. But I did say on this board when he declared he wasn't a first round pick, and got maligned. So...........................I told you so bitches!

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
For those wondering about Jawaan Taylor, some red flags popped up about his health. Serious enough to have teams pass on him completely.

Whatever the medical issue is it has to be serious enough, as he was projected by a lot of these "experts" to go to the Jags at #7 overall. Really, really surprising he fell out of the 1st round.

That Miss State defense last year was legit....although it was a low scoring game, gotta give Dan some credit for going into that environment and pulling out a win w/ that bad early season offense (Miss State's offense hadn't woken up yet either). The MSU team and fans really wanted that win to stick it to Mullen and that D was tough. But Law does have a point about all 3 being defensive players.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
both are duds. Gary was the top recruit in the nation coming out and did literally nothing in college against slow big10 competition. I'm sure he'll just explode against NFL talent. And yeah, Maryland is a nothing school.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Whatever the medical issue is it has to be serious enough, as he was projected by a lot of these "experts" to go to the Jags at #7 overall. Really, really surprising he fell out of the 1st round.

He wasn't being overhyped like Drew Locke. Jawaan was a guaranteed top 15 pick. As for the knee, I've heard various reports. We should find out today how bad things are. Myles Jack was a top 5 pick who fell to the 2nd round because of a degenerative issue. I think this is something similar.

DMVGator

Aug 15, 2018
I was absolutely surprised with all the talk that Taylor was going to be a 1st round pick, [possibly top 10.) So I give him credit for going from a not highly recruited high school player to a potential 1st round pick. With that said, nothing about his play on the field ever said to me 1st round guy. I just did not see it. Now I am not sure about his health issues and perhaps they are legit, but on his play he was not a 1st rounder, but due to a weak O-line class and perhaps potential, perhaps that is what drove his stock up.

Captain hindsight over here

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
He wasn't being overhyped like Drew Locke. Jawaan was a guaranteed top 15 pick. As for the knee, I've heard various reports. We should find out today how bad things are. Myles Jack was a top 5 pick who fell to the 2nd round because of a degenerative issue. I think this is something similar.

Drew Locke looks like a really good QB to me. Maybe I’m wrong.

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
both are duds. Gary was the top recruit in the nation coming out and did literally nothing in college against slow big10 competition. I'm sure he'll just explode against NFL talent. And yeah, Maryland is a nothing school.

I think you may be a bit harsh on the Savage pick...that guy can fly and loves to hit. Plus Savage is such a great name.

As for Maryland being a nothing school how many of our really good players have come from power programs? Matthews from USC and Haha from bama? Clay was great but haha was meh.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator