2019 NFL Draft: ZERO Vols drafted AGAIN

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Fins got their man! And traded down for more picks!!! Mazel tov!!

And with a name like Josh Rosen he will fit in just perfectly in south Florida and all the "mischegas" that goes on there.
:rabbi::rabbi::rabbi::rabbi::rabbi::rabbi::rabbi::rabbi::rabbi::rabbi::rabbi::rabbi::rabbi::rabbi::rabbi::rabbi::rabbi::rabbi::rabbi:

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
Cards trade Rosen to Miami.

Used the #10 pick to draft him and got the #62 pick for him a year later (oh, and a 5th rounder in 2020). This is why you trade him BEFORE the draft...so you don’t lose your negotiating leverage with other teams when they see you have no choice but to dump him. Cards are dumb fcvks.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member

Some of these guys need to get better people advising them.

We could have used CGJ this year at safety. Maybe he could have had a trophy in his trophy case.

Polite could have worked on his run and pass coverage techniques, made millions.

Probably going to have an upgrade at LB w Burney.

Hopefully this proces to be a cautionary tale for future Gatora thinking about leaving too early.

BruceWayne

Dec 12, 2016
The NFL has to shorten the time for picks in the 1st round. I watched the whole thing yesterday and it just dragged a little too much.
Gardner -Johnson should've returned and switched to safety. We need help at safety badly and he was a playmaker. When he made the decision to leave I'm sure he didn't think he would go on the third day. That's rough.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Jags took a guy from Murray State in the 3rd round who most draft analysts didn’t have in their top 300. Things were going too well, knew the real Jags had to show up.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Jags took a guy from Murray State in the 3rd round who most draft analysts didn’t have in their top 300. Things were going too well, knew the real Jags had to show up.
How’s the atmosphere?

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014

Some of these guys need to get better people advising them.

We could have used CGJ this year at safety. Maybe he could have had a trophy in his trophy case.

Polite could have worked on his run and pass coverage techniques, made millions.

Probably going to have an upgrade at LB w Burney.

Hopefully this proces to be a cautionary tale for future Gatora thinking about leaving too early.

It won’t. Unfortunately we see this every year, and are really only focusing on the handful of guys that were Gators. But every fan base is having the same conversation about multiple guys every year. These kids are simply too impatient and are products of the “now” mindset. CGJ was bringing up the draft during interviews in the week after MSU(week 5) this year which is insane given his overall resume to that point. And tweets like VJ’s above only make it worse. This “haters” and “must be me against the world” mindset is killing these kids’ potential careers. At a minimum it’s costing them tens of millions.

The fact is, it isn’t some conspiracy and is unlikely(though possible) to be just a litany of bad choices by these teams. Rather, it’s based on data and stats that are pored over for months by analysts who do this for a living. And frankly, their opinions this night and last are no different than the opinions they held of some of these guys since mid 2018. The players just choose not to listen and are so blinded by the idea of stardom and riches that they never stop to think about the best, and most likely path to get there.

Musclepug

never go full retard
Lifetime Member
Aug 4, 2018
Used the #10 pick to draft him and got the #62 pick for him a year later (oh, and a 5th rounder in 2020). This is why you trade him BEFORE the draft...so you don’t lose your negotiating leverage with other teams when they see you have no choice but to dump him. Cards are dumb fcvks.

Dont forget, Cards traded up last year to leapfrog Fins to get Rosen

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Most of us had differing opinions on the UF players and where they may or may not get drafted and that is all well and good. However I think it was an overall consensus on this board that Vosean Joseph was at best a 3rd day pick, if he gets selected at all. I won't list all the deficiencies that we all saw on the field, but whoever gave him advice that he was a 2nd or 3rd round pick obviously has never watched football. I have nothing against this kid or any others, but I will stick with my own 2 eyes and the GC board for my draft analysis.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014

I saw that and started laughing. This is one of those cases where you will have to trust the scouts and coaches. I'll say this, there aren't many 230 pound LBs who run a 4.5. We will find out.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Pats got Damien Harris? Are you freaking kidding me? He and Michel in the backfield?

:gah:

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Dont forget, Cards traded up last year to leapfrog Fins to get Rosen
Cards trade Rosen to Miami.

So the Fins finally getting a good QB for the first time in 20 years. He was petulant about Murray being drafted - I hope that’s a fluke. I hope he won’t be a bytch. Just go beat the competition. Talent wise - he can be the next great Dolphin QB. We’ll see.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

I saw that and started laughing. This is one of those cases where you will have to trust the scouts and coaches. I'll say this, there aren't many 230 pound LBs who run a 4.5. We will find out.

Pre-Draft Analysis
Williams is a tweener outside linebacker/safety with very good length. While he played linebacker in college and he's tough, his frame raises his concerns about his ability to play there in the NFL. He's fast enough to play safety but he's tight in space. A rangy run defender, he tracks the ball well and chases with good effort. Has the tools to develop into a core special teamer.

Post-Draft Analysis
The Jaguars have other needs that are arguably bigger than linebacker, but Williams is a play for depth in sub packages and perhaps more. Yes, he is the brother of No. 3 overall pick Quinnen Williams.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.