Recruiting 2019 NSD: 4* DE Khris Bogle and 4* CB Elam signs

CHAMPIONSHIP: If you were forced to have dinner with one of these members, who would you choose?

• Swamp Donkey

• Swamp Queen

• Durty South Swamp

• dubster1

• BNAG8R

Results are only viewable after voting.

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
Remember, a lot of names you’re not hearing about now will come back around by the end of the cycle. Lots of flip potential, esp the kid committed to Bama coming this weekend, the two dls committed to FSU, possible Jordan Battle, the Hampton kid committed to LSU. Still a possibility to be top 10.

Jason higdon said there’s a lot of behind the scenes stuff going on.

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
Hill also said Mullen was the HC he talked with the most. Gotta give Dan credit here.

And with Black you have a future team leader who is already bought in and doing everything to inspire other players.

Florida suddenly looks like an oasis of calm in the craziness of college ball in this state.

But we gotta put UK down to keep the show rolling.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Why you guys go off of rivals when it’s lead by rivals mike is beyond me. 247 has a composite and we are 18th and he’s a 4 star.

Rivals is only good for basketball recruiting

Lol. Not even true in the slightest.

Rivals football evaluations are still vastly superior to 247

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Hill is a 3 star on Rivals by the way. Still a great get though.

I don’t really know much about this kid. He’s ranked around 50th at his position with Rivals and around 25th with 247.

I mainly go by offer lists and his offer list is OK. I haven’t seen any video on him yet.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Remember, a lot of names you’re not hearing about now will come back around by the end of the cycle. Lots of flip potential, esp the kid committed to Bama coming this weekend, the two dls committed to FSU, possible Jordan Battle, the Hampton kid committed to LSU. Still a possibility to be top 10.

The last that I heard is that Battle is shutting down his recruitment. You’re hearing different?

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
Lol. Not even true in the slightest.

Rivals football evaluations are still vastly superior to 247
No, they aren’t. Everyone from the creators of rivals to all of their scouts left. They just stayed better even though rivals is only rivals in name only? Weird how that works. 247 is a bigger network of scouts, who the majority came from rivals. On top of that, they have scouts insiders too.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
No, they aren’t. Everyone from the creators of rivals to all of their scouts left. They just stayed better even though rivals is only rivals in name only? Weird how that works. 247 is a bigger network of scouts, who the majority came from rivals

I know that a lot of their people went to 247. But the product is still inferior. I can’t tell you how many times over the last couple years I’ve seen the rivals adjustments come out and then 247 will follow within a couple days with massive movements of their players to mimic it.

Now if you’re talking about inside information, website, fan interaction, etc. – 247 is superior. By far. But properly evaluating how they’re going to pan out – rivals is still king.

So the way that I normally keep on top of all the stuff is I look at Rivals evaluations and then I use 247 to actually get information.

DMVGator

Aug 15, 2018

Eh. Flips from blue chippers is pretty rare. I wouldn’t rely on those to fill the class out.

Screw Higdon.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I liked Hill's game videos. He unleashes at the time of contact and blast-tackles. Reminds me of Major Wright's punishing hits. Looks like a seek & destroy type. Big enough to be an LB if needed. Looks fast.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
Glad to get Hill. Ya don't look like he does without already putting in some work.

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
I know that a lot of their people went to 247. But the product is still inferior. I can’t tell you how many times over the last couple years I’ve seen the rivals adjustments come out and then 247 will follow within a couple days with massive movements of their players to mimic it.

Now if you’re talking about inside information, website, fan interaction, etc. – 247 is superior. By far. But properly evaluating how they’re going to pan out – rivals is still king.

So the way that I normally keep on top of all the stuff is I look at Rivals evaluations and then I use 247 to actually get information.
You replied as I was typing but they also bought scout and have their scouts now too.

As for scouting, rivals just came out with a 5 star bust list, and kiondre Jones(30th on rivals, 163rd on 247) Soso Jamabo (rivals had at 22nd, 247 at 88), George Campbell (at 26th for rivals, 35th for 247), Drew Richmond (12th rivals, 97th for 247), Trent Irwin (31st rivals, 94th 247). Basically rivals had all these kids five stars and 247 didnt, some not even close, and they’re all pretty much bonified busts. There’s some huge disagreements here, especially with Jones, and 247 had a better eval on all of these. There were a couple other 5 stars that they both had but 247 had them all lower than rivals.

247 changes up their recruiting ranking during specific times, especially after spring and summer camps. It’s not dictated on anything rivals does. Only the composite is affected by what they do. I know because we complain about it a lot on 247 when rivals updates and nothing happens with 247 (especially when it affects UF recruits)

Last edited:

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
im not much on watching teenage twitter videos, but i went against historical judgement and watched that clip. gotta say i like that video and this kid. seems humble, good family, hardworking, and that tribute to his grandfather at the end was awesome.

Im close to full pump mode right now....

:naughty:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator