Recruiting 2019 NSD: 4* DE Khris Bogle and 4* CB Elam signs

CHAMPIONSHIP: If you were forced to have dinner with one of these members, who would you choose?

• Swamp Donkey

• Swamp Queen

• Durty South Swamp

• dubster1

• BNAG8R

Results are only viewable after voting.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014

Our Safety recruiting is very worrisome (so is OL, as we're mostly bringing in 3-stars). Cine is all UGA. There's an interview w/ Jaydon Hill saying he and Black were recruiting hard, he was positive on several players...but he said something about Cine like, "...for some reason he's all UGA. We're trying to get him, but he's all UGA." So it's probably best to move on to a player we have a better shot at. I'd like to get Battle to flip from Ohio State. We're in on a few 2020 kids at STA, so getting him would be helpful in that aspect....in addition to us needing a blue-chip safety badly.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
Our Safety recruiting is very worrisome (so is OL, as we're mostly bringing in 3-stars). Cine is all UGA. There's an interview w/ Jaydon Hill saying he and Black were recruiting hard, he was positive on several players...but he said something about Cine like, "...for some reason he's all UGA. We're trying to get him, but he's all UGA." So it's probably best to move on to a player we have a better shot at. I'd like to get Battle to flip from Ohio State. We're in on a few 2020 kids at STA, so getting him would be helpful in that aspect....in addition to us needing a blue-chip safety badly.

1. OL is 3 four star players and 1 three star players by 247 sports, 2 four star players and 2 three star players by Rivals that some here like. Neither is "mostly."

2. There are 3 stars and 3 stars players:

A. There are 3 stars guys the staff want from the beginning and take their commitment early.

B. There are 3 star guys the staff wants all along and gets their commitment later.

C. There are 3 star guys the staff takes after other guys go else where. (There are also high star guys this happens with too.)

3. On defense this staff may move people around from where they played at in high school making understanding recruiting at a particular position like safety harder to read.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
1. OL is 3 four star players and 1 three star players by 247 sports, 2 four star players and 2 three star players by Rivals that some here like. Neither is "mostly."

2. There are 3 stars and 3 stars players:

A. There are 3 stars guys the staff want from the beginning and take their commitment early.

B. There are 3 star guys the staff wants all along and gets their commitment later.

C. There are 3 star guys the staff takes after other guys go else where. (There are also high star guys this happens with too.)

3. On defense this staff may move people around from where they played at in high school making understanding recruiting at a particular position like safety harder to read.

So you want to start a pissing contest because I said "mostly"? Bottom line is the OL class is unimpressive and lacks OTs. White is a huge reach as well.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
He was a Juco. Their success rate is about 10%.

Hear! Hear! I did not want to hijack the thread where you said this and it needs to be said here. It is important to always remember UF is too big and high level a program to get on the JUCO treadmill. An occasional JUCO is ok, but they should be extremely rare.

Last edited:

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
So you want to start a pissing contest because I said "mostly"? Bottom line is the OL class is unimpressive and lacks OTs. White is a huge reach as well.

I am not interested in pissing contests. I am particularly on a recruiting thread interested in right and wrong information. You typed the word "most" bring incorrect information to the recruiting thread.

Additionally:

Harrad is listed as 6'5" tall and if true could be an OT prospect in college and is listed as such now.
White is listed as 6'5" tall and if true could be an OT prospect in college and is listed as such now.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
I really thought this win would yield us a commit or two. Little surprised.

I did too particularly with all those OL who were in (I thought) and UF only having one spot left. I also wonder have been a bit surprised the Lakeland kids have not committed.

Renard904

Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
This isn't commitment season. You'll see very few commitments this time of the year.
I know recruiting is fast becoming a year round event, but maybe we should focus our attention elsewhere.
This is a very busy time in their lives. Most of these kids are going through their own season while also trying to visit schools and decide where to spend the next 4 years of their lives. And with the advent of social media, these kids have time frames to do everything. They all want to make extravagant announcements. Kids don't just show up and commit anymore. Those days are long gone.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
I did too particularly with all those OL who were in (I thought) and UF only having one spot left. I also wonder have been a bit surprised the Lakeland kids have not committed.

Look for Naquan Wright (not sure if I spelled the first name correctly) to commit soon. He passed that along over the weekend (he was expected to commit later in the cycle, closer to the Dec signing date).

On the OL, if we get a couple of the one's looking at us (Bell, Hammond) we may see White get processed out - as I said earlier, he's a huge reach (big kid w/ slow feet). If we have the room, I'd like to see him stay in the class and see what the S&C program can do with him (and Hevesy).

The Lakeland kids are drama queens, especially Zipperer. He just released a "top 6" (what a joke). Honestly, I'm tired of Zipperer (still want to get him, but his antics are played. Reminds me of Hunter). In the end, I think we get both - hopefully we get Hammond as well.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

I said it earlier (which some people didn’t like) but there just aren’t a lot of commitments from the start of the season until December. It’s just the nature of the beast.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
On the OL, if we get a couple of the one's looking at us (Bell, Hammond) we may see White get processed out - as I said earlier, he's a huge reach (big kid w/ slow feet). If we have the room, I'd like to see him stay in the class and see what the S&C program can do with him (and Hevesy).

I disagree about White being a reach. His offer sheet is good. It isn't elite, but he's not someone we are trying to get over FIU, NIU and so on. He has offers from Duke, Nebraska, Louisville and West Virginia. That's not bad. He isn't a CJ McWilliams or Luke Ancrum. That said, I do understand your concern about his footwork. I have the same worries when watching his film.

leogator

May 5, 2018
Bubba Bolden, USC safety is withdrawing from school following a 28 month suspension due to an off-site incident. He is friends with Chis Steele.

Are we interested? No denying the talent. I think the suspension was totally excessive for underage drinking and trash talking?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb