Recruiting 2019 NSD: 4* DE Khris Bogle and 4* CB Elam signs

CHAMPIONSHIP: If you were forced to have dinner with one of these members, who would you choose?

• Swamp Donkey

• Swamp Queen

• Durty South Swamp

• dubster1

• BNAG8R

Results are only viewable after voting.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
I’d like if Kimbrough and White were replaced by a couple other prospects.

White would be tough to phase out though. He’s a Tampa kid and you don’t want to wreck that relationship.

I agree w/ @Slevin on Kimbrough. His tape is good. His biggest issue is he's only 5'10, but there are plenty of great CB's that height (Duke Dawson). He's a redshirt candidate considering we (hopefully) get Elam & Steele, who will very likely play as freshman. Hill is coming off an ACL so he'd likely redshirt as well. Getting these 4 CB's allows us to load up at Safety in the 2020 class, and probably add a high quality CB or two. I can't believe the issues we had in the secondary this year. We haven't had a secondary this bad (even with Henderson) in quite a while.

I'd like to drop White if we can get Bell, Hammond, and Tarquin. But I think we end up keeping him and getting 2 of those 3.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
I saw this on another board, but apparently Fuller and Hunter don't like each other....but they both committed to FSU. This is a recent post by Fuller, extended an olive branch (sort of):

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Kimbrough is a good cb prospect that’s been heavily over looked in the rankings. Dude killed it in summer camps and then dropped. I’d be ok with Weston being dropped but that doesn’t seem to be happening

According to Higdon Weston is at the top of Mullen’s list of favorites regardless of position...and was one of if not the first prospect coaches went to visit. This is one of those “trust the coaches” guys

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
According to Higdon Weston is at the top of Mullen’s list of favorites regardless of position...and was one of if not the first prospect coaches went to visit. This is one of those “trust the coaches” guys

I like Weston’s tape.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
usually those are the guys that know their job and bust their ass. Maybe he can be a Riley Cooper type and block his ass off until he develops into a good enough receiver.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
Would you be happy with this?

Not so much as it has 7 OL in 24 players. Two OL will likely get lost in the shuffle and another couple won't end up as contributors and the lack of balance will hurt the class. OL recruits are the least likely to be able to move position too.

So drop a couple of OL from that class and add in a second defensive tackle, a QB flip and maybe another LB, WR or RB and I would be much happier.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Not so much as it has 7 OL in 24 players. Two OL will likely get lost in the shuffle and another couple won't end up as contributors and the lack of balance will hurt the class. OL recruits are the least likely to be able to move position too.

So drop a couple of OL from that class and add in a second defensive tackle, a QB flip and maybe another LB, WR or RB and I would be much happier.

Agree w/ you on the 7 OLs - that was the first thing that stood out to me. I think we get 6 though, and we need as many bodies there as we can take. You need to get over the "QB flip". We're only signing one QB in this class. The only way we add another QB is via grad transfer or PWO.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
usually those are the guys that know their job and bust their ass. Maybe he can be a Riley Cooper type and block his ass off until he develops into a good enough receiver.

He’s a prototypical Mullen receiver. All of his tape is catching in the flat, blocking, and fighting for yardage. He also has good hands.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Agree w/ you on the 7 OLs - that was the first thing that stood out to me. I think we get 6 though, and we need as many bodies there as we can take. You need to get over the "QB flip". We're only signing one QB in this class. The only way we add another QB is via grad transfer or PWO.
How many friggin QBs you guys think we are going to carry? 7?

Trash isn't going anywhere. He was HS backup never had a single offer before he injured himself three years in a row while wearing a no contact jersey.

Franks is starting.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014

Trash isn't going anywhere. He was HS backup never had a single offer before he injured himself three years in a row while wearing a no contact jersey.

Franks is starting.

Why are you asking me? Insti is the one who keeps insisting we need a 2nd scholarship QB in the class.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016

Well:

1. I can see 6 if one is good enough to start not year and the other 5 can be a group progressing naturally. I do agree UF needs to build OL depth but that has to be accomplished over serveral classes.

2. As far as QB goes, I think the issue was DID I LIKE THE CLASS, not what did I think Mullen would do.

Renard904

Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016

Franks is starting.
Yeah, Trask isn't going anywhere. And it's very likely Franks is the day one starter.

However, Franks is the only real probable transfer. But that would only happen if EJ wins the job in the spring.
QB isn't a pressing need. The only way we take another QB in this cycle is if one of the top guys came to us and asks to be in(which rarely happens). Dan won't reach just for the sake of doing it. I think he really likes EJ and JJ for his system. And he'd be fine with those 2 guys and Franks on the roster.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.