Recruiting 2019 NSD: 4* DE Khris Bogle and 4* CB Elam signs

CHAMPIONSHIP: If you were forced to have dinner with one of these members, who would you choose?

• Swamp Donkey

• Swamp Queen

• Durty South Swamp

• dubster1

• BNAG8R

Results are only viewable after voting.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Steele is a five star.

The reason Georgia kids are getting rated so high is mainly because they pay the coaches a lot more at the high school level so believe it or not they have better coaches to prepare the kids.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
How is it we recruit and land a 5* and now he is a 4*?

Is it just me or when Bama recruits the Stars go up and when we recruit the stars go down...yet we seem to get a bunch of 3 and 4* in the NFL

The only guy this has happened to for UF that I have noticed this year is Kimbrough who committed to UF as a 4* and within a day was a 3*, but his ranking changed very little so he went from the very bottom of the 4*s to the very top of the 3*s. I guess Black dropped about 100 slots after committing to UF, but not playing and grade worries might explain that.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Kimbrough has good cover skills but he is small. That is always going to lower his rating.

They first rate these kids as sophs often. There is always some projection involved, including how much the kid will grow. It doesnt always happen.

He may actually climb back to low 4 star after having a good camp, but in the end it is his size not his team that limits him.

UFHealthGator

Lifetime Member
Nov 12, 2017
He was never a 5 star on rivals.

Espn loves west coast kids and ranked him 5 star at one point, I think. They always do over-rate west coast and far east players. I don't know about 247. They change like every three days or so, and I don't read that trash.

He was always a 5 star on rivals. Ranked 13 overall recruit nationally there.

Chris Steele, 2019 Cornerback - Rivals.com

Edit: nvm i saw you corrected yourself later.

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
He was never a 5 star on rivals.

Espn loves west coast kids and ranked him 5 star at one point, I think. They always do over-rate west coast and far east players. I don't know about 247. They change like every three days or so, and I don't read that trash.

As of yesterday, Steele is listed as a 5 star on rivals. Checked our list of signings. Dan got us a consensus five star.

And in the next couple cycles, I'm starting to believe there'll be many more.

I have my sense of anticipation back.

SCColaGator

Dec 31, 2016
As of yesterday, Steele is listed as a 5 star on rivals. Checked our list of signings. Dan got us a consensus five star.

And in the next couple cycles, I'm starting to believe there'll be many more.

I have my sense of anticipation back.
I could see us having 3-4 5*s in the 2020 cycle.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
He isn't consensus bc (oddly) ESPN and 247 has him at 4 star, but he is a 5 star in the one that matters.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
[QUOTE="Concrete Helmet, post: 834558, member: 215"

Every recruiting class is littered with highly ranked kids that never develop....ever. Anyone remember the greatest class of all time? 2010. Dee Finley, Josh Shaw and other 5 stars bombed horribly while even other 5 stars like RoPo, Will Hill and such were horrible for their first 3 years and average players at their best...Elam, Floyd and Easley contributed sparingly in their first seasons and took until their 3rd seasons to reach their peak.[/QUOTE]

Those guys actually came in over three separate classes (though most were 2010) and I don't think Finley was a 5*, but agree with your overall point, except for Josh Shaw (not sure he was a 5* either). Shaw redshirted his first year and played regularly as a redshirt frosh (pretty sure he even started a game) before hardship transferring to USCw where he played well enough to get drafted (despite a well publicized off-field incident) and is still in the NFL ( I think with the Bucs). I also thought Powell also played well as sophomore before tearing up his knee in the spring game, and i don't think he was ever the same player, and never lived up to his billing.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Those guys actually came in over three separate classes (though most were 2010) and I don't think Finley was a 5*, but agree with your overall point, except for Josh Shaw (not sure he was a 5* either). Shaw redshirted his first year and played regularly as a redshirt frosh (pretty sure he even started a game) before hardship transferring to USCw where he played well enough to get drafted (despite a well publicized off-field incident) and is still in the NFL ( I think with the Bucs). I also thought Powell also played well as sophomore before tearing up his knee in the spring game, and i don't think he was ever the same player, and never lived up to his billing.
Shaw was a 5star on 247 and Espn
Florida 2010 Football Commits

Shaw was a 4 star on Rivals

GatorsTerritory.com

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Anyone know who we are still pursuing besides DB Elam and all purpose back Mark Richards?

I think we have a 60/40 or so chance to beat Georgia out for Elam but I have a feeling Richards will be going to Auburn most likely.

Any 3 Star DTs on the radar? It sucks with DT Sorrells we apparently can't give academic redshirts like some teams can to sign him.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
Anyone know who we are still pursuing besides DB Elam and all purpose back Mark Richards?

I think we have a 60/40 or so chance to beat Georgia out for Elam but I have a feeling Richards will be going to Auburn most likely.

Any 3 Star DTs on the radar? It sucks with DT Sorrells we apparently can't give academic redshirts like some teams can to sign him.
I think we are still going after FSU commit Quashon Fuller. 4* SDE.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I see large DE Quashon Fuller and DB Travis Jay (FSU verbals) are scheduled to take visits to Florida in a few days. I am sure FSU will lose either one or two of those 3 DBs they have verbals from at this time.

If Mullen can get one or more of those FSU recruits he might pull a top 10 class after all.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
I see large DE Quashon Fuller and DB Travis Jay (FSU verbals) are scheduled to take visits to Florida in a few days. I am sure FSU will lose either one or two of those 3 DBs they have verbals from at this time.

If Mullen can get one or more of those FSU recruits he might pull a top 10 class after all.
Not to mention helping yourself while hurting your rival!

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I’m sure we’re still pursuing Fuller, Moore, Pickering, and Young at SDE. What real expectations we have is beyond me. I’ve heard the coaches feel real good about Elam, but who knows

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator