2019 Quarterback Competition

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I don't drink. You must be drunk not to see the consistent shade you are throwing at FF all the while hiding behind you saying you tip your hat to him. You must have voted for Hilary.
You must make a lot of false assumptions. But by all means continue to embarrass yourself.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member

I find it hilarious when people bitch about a quarterback not seeing an open receiver that they saw on their television screen from a camera placed at the roof of the press boxes, while reclining in a lazy boy sipping whisky.

It tells me the person has likely never worn a helmet and mouthpiece.

What you should do is look at video like that, realize that the QB is getting chased down by 300 lb steroid freaks intent on breaking him to pieces and should he surprised he can even see that far down the field.

Remember the Heave to Cleve? Imagine what that actually looked like to Franks. Just a couple of dots moving along nearly 70 yeards away.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member

I find it hilarious when people ***** about a quarterback not seeing an open receiver that they saw on their television screen from a camera placed at the roof of the press boxes, while reclining in a lazy boy sipping whisky.

What you should do is look at video like that, realize that the QB is getting chased down by 300 lb steroid freaks intent on breaking him to pieces and should he surprised he can even see that far down the field.

Remember the Heave to Cleve? Imagine what that actually looked like to Franks. Just a couple of dots moving along nearly 70 yeards away.

Perhaps you should think about everything you just mentioned when you trash another QB, like Driskel.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
You must make a lot of false assumptions. But by all means continue to embarrass yourself.

I am just playing your hyperbole game. That's what you do, right? Then you tip your hat to get back to the middle when called out?

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I am just playing your hyperbole game. That's what you do, right? Then you tip your hat to get back to the middle when called out?
You're free to show examples of me being hyperbolic in this thread. Methinks you've run out of gas.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Perhaps you should think about everything you just mentioned when you trash another QB, like Driskel.
If a big game by Franks were 70-100 yards, like Dipshytskel, Id treat him the same way.

I made it pretty clear , as did ESPn during the scUM game during that half time analysis, that Dipshyt simply didnt have the comlosure to be a QB. He panicked at every snap and immediately started staring at the pass rush. He no doubt was told to keep his eyes downfield in every quarterback clinic or class since middle school he was just unable to do it. He will never overcome this.

Throw in his own self admitted lack of practice and film study habits, and he earned even more. It is embarassing that some of you who sucked Driskel cawk for 4 years are the biggest Feanks haters. Franks freshman year was statistically better than Dipshyt's 2012.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
If a big game by Franks were 70-100 yards, like Dipshytskel, Id treat him the same way.

I made it pretty clear , as did ESPn during the scUM game during that half time analysis, that Dipshyt simply didnt have the comlosure to be a QB. He panicked at every snap and immediately started staring at the pass rush. He no doubt was told to keep his eyes downfield in every quarterback clinic or class since middle school he was just unable to do it. He will never overcome this.

Throw in his own self admitted lack of practice and film study habits, and he earned even more. It is embarassing that some of you who sucked Driskel cawk for 4 years are the biggest Feanks haters. Franks freshman year was statistically better than Dipshyt's 2012.
:facepalm:

I've been here as long as you, and I don't of ANYONE who sucked off Driskel for 4 years. In fact, he was a running joke for 95% of the board. Besides, my point wasn't about Driskel, it was a general comment.

I'll ask you straight out, not that I'll get a straight answer: Is Franks a championship quarterback?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member

I'll ask you straight out, not that I'll get a straight answer: Is Franks a championship quarterback?
I dont think so. But I thought the same about Leak/Tebow in 2006.

Mullinz was right then too.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Law now communicating blind faith in Mullen. He'll be endorsing Elizabeth Warren before too long.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014

I find it hilarious when people ***** about a quarterback not seeing an open receiver that they saw on their television screen from a camera placed at the roof of the press boxes, while reclining in a lazy boy sipping whisky.

Amazing that some poster said earlier "we left 30 points on the field" because Franks didn't see Toney break from his route on a busted scramble while trying to direct a blocker to get him to the pylon while trying to out run 7 members of what was the number 1 defense in the country.....nevermind 5 of those 7 were forming a 6 foot wall directly between FF and a late streaking Toney :rolleyes2:….one of his 2 "bad plays" all day.

The other was a late throw down the field were he went to the outside receiver instead of doing what average arm talent QB's like him are taught to do which is never throw late over the middle....I'll take that bad play almost everytime unless it's a hail mary situation. I'm still trying to find the other 20 points he supposedly cost us the other day....

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
What this doesn't show is the number of times he leaves a perfectly good downfield throw on the table in favor of a scramble for lack of recognition.

Trust me, and I've tried to make this clear throughout the thread. I would love to see him overcome his downfield issues. I'm not sure he can.
ecccad3c458eeb435c1e1174391ad49b.jpg
Right. So I'm looking/hoping for a QB to be 50-60% everywhere and of course higher on short passes. I see three out of nine that definitely need improvement. I'm willing to bet that a lot of the 20+ throws are to receivers behind coverage that are overthrown. Clean that up and the rest will follow.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
What this doesn't show is the number of times he leaves a perfectly good downfield throw on the table in favor of a scramble for lack of recognition.

Trust me, and I've tried to make this clear throughout the thread. I would love to see him overcome his downfield issues. I'm not sure he can.
ecccad3c458eeb435c1e1174391ad49b.jpg
Any reason not to include the final 4 games?...This would have been reflective through the end of the Mizzou game, week 10.....

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Right. So I'm looking/hoping for a QB to be 50-60% everywhere and of course higher on short passes. I see three out of nine that definitely need improvement. I'm willing to bet that a lot of the 20+ throws are to receivers behind coverage that are overthrown. Clean that up and the rest will follow.
I don't think it's that easy. He's not an accurate passer, and it's pretty rare to see inaccurate passers become accurate ones, no matter how much they practice.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Right. So I'm looking/hoping for a QB to be 50-60% everywhere and of course higher on short passes.
No one is 50-60% everywhere and higher on short passes. The elite guys are 60ish % combined. The guys that throw higher than that are Bammer QBs or sideways offenses throwing 80% screens.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I don't think it's that easy. He's not an accurate passer, and it's pretty rare to see inaccurate passers become accurate ones, no matter how much they practice.
I agree with this, however, I would say he is intermittently very accurate, and often on the toughest throws. I wonder if Mullinz can figure out why.

You know I don't like his windup and mechanics though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator