Recruiting 2019 recruiting still Butterslike, #17 class

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
I still cant FVKKING believe we are a week away from signing day and we cant give away a scholarship.
Donk, the fact that Mullens told Pierce that if he came to UF he would work harder than he ever had, tells you that Mullens doesn't see recruiting the way this board does. Get over it. He is not going to be a great recruiter. If he ever gets the players, it will be because he wins and they want to come.

leogator

May 5, 2018
I see a lot of panicked people around here, overanalyzing every little tweet. This is recruiting. If you don't have the stomach for it, quit following it. Relax and enjoy it. Lots of things happening behind the scenes. We will know where we stand in 9 days and even then there will be more surprises to come after the 19th.

Omar's Coming Yo!

Gator til the grave
BANNED
Oct 6, 2016
I see a lot of panicked people around here, overanalyzing every little tweet. This is recruiting. If you don't have the stomach for it, quit following it. Relax and enjoy it. Lots of things happening behind the scenes. We will know where we stand in 9 days and even then there will be more surprises to come after the 19th.
Someone has been to swampgas

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I see a lot of panicked people around here, overanalyzing every little tweet. This is recruiting..
We aren't talking about tweets. We are talking about it being a week from Signing Day and us sitting at 21st STILL after all the JUNE TO REMEMBER and other bullshyt predictions.

This is recruiting for all the staffs that are kicking azz too.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
Looks like we’re on our way to another underwhelming signing day, while our rivals will probably rake in tons of blue chips. Groundhog Day.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Looks like we’re on our way to another underwhelming signing day, while our rivals will probably rake in tons of blue chips. Groundhog Day.

I just hope we finish second on most of them.

In the end we have ourselves to blame. This is all self inflicted.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
We aren't talking about tweets. We are talking about it being a week from Signing Day and us sitting at 21st STILL after all the JUNE TO REMEMBER and other bullshyt predictions.

This is recruiting for all the staffs that are kicking azz too.

You know we all had to listen to your panic last year and then things turned out ok for a transition class. It is ok to be concerned, doom and gloom when you have be prematurely doomy and gloomy before is a bit tiresome. Leogator's advice is pretty good particularly for you, but I suspect you can not follow it.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
You know we all had to listen to your panic last year and then things turned out ok for a transition class. It is ok to be concerned, doom and gloom when you have be prematurely doomy and gloomy before is a bit tiresome. Leogator's advice is pretty good particularly for you, but I suspect you can not follow it.
Yeah, recruiting was ok last year until we fired Jujuan Seider.

And Im sure many will celebrate if we pull out another Butterish 10-15 class, and pretend we really wanted the 3 star fillers all along.

Of course, you dont care because you think stars dont matter and UAB is just as likely to win championships as Trailerbammer. It is just a coincidence that the top recruiting teams keep going to the championship games, huh Insti?

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016

And Im sure many will celebrate if we pull out another Butterish 10-15 class, and pretend we really wanted the 3 star fillers all along.

Of course, you dont care because you think stars dont matter and UAB is just as likely to win championships as Trailerbammer. It is just a coincidence that the top recruiting teams keep going to the championship games, huh Insti?

Don't you ever get tired of being wrong?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
The irony. Of course you are both wrong and laughably stupid, so you got that going for you.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member

How important is this years recruiting class? Afterall, we had a great season. Mullen has proven to be a much better coach than our last two. He can make it work,even without a top 10 class, right?

Wrong.

This was Mullens first year. The team over achieved. Odds are, they will not do that again.This kind of thing happens all the time. A one year wonder. I'm not criticizing the staff ... they did a great job, but the goodwill is not sustainable without SEC quality players and quality depth.

How important is the Michigan game?
Very. If we get our faces bashed in...again...the one year wonder bubble will burst. The negative will cascade into next year. The brand will take yet another hit and our slide will continue in the eyes of college football fans and recruits. The regular season? Doesn't matter. You're only as good as your last game. On National TV. If we play a tight game then there won't be an impact either way. If we beat them bad, it could have an effect on the NSD and will help, incrementally, with our brand.

Let's let it play out. My fingers are crossed.

Last edited:

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
Lets wait to piss and moan after we actually know who and what we sign. We may all be crying then but who knows. The donk just loves to stir the pot and he cant go thru a whole day without whining and misery. If there is no reason, he fabricates one.

Renard904

Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016

Dude, we're not the same program that we once were. Everyone keeps freaking out because our rivals are doing better than we are. Well yeah, those programs haven't broken down and destroyed. It was never gonna be a meteoric rise like with Smart at UGA.

Everyone seems to overlook just how broken this football program was. Recruiting aside, Mac was turning us into an FAU-type program. But maybe that's where we diverge as fans. A lot of these kids really respect our brand. It's why we're usually in the running for the top kids. It's just hard to get them to commit to our second rate program.

I know a lot of you will dislike this because it's not over the top or irrational, but being frustrated is a choice. I choose to look at the team for what it is and not what I expect it to be. And right now, we're not on the same playing field as the big boys. The positivity comes when realizing not many teams will just push us around anymore. Dan will at least have us ready to compete. It's not the finish line, but it's a start.

Sec14Gator

Lifetime Member
Oct 8, 2017
Lets wait to piss and moan after we actually know who and what we sign. We may all be crying then but who knows. The donk just loves to stir the pot and he cant go thru a whole day without whining and misery. If there is no reason, he fabricates one.

Yeah, we’re down 20 points at halftime, but let’s not complain about the play so far because we might pull off an epic, though unlikely, comeback.

This rationale make no sense. Would we cheer wildly if we sprung 12 silent blue chips and moved to a top 8 class just like if we had an epic second half comeback? Of course. But as fans we will always make the observation when we are way behind, including why we think we’re behind (unless your on Swampgas, in which case that 20 point deficit is just a chance to see the offense play more freely).

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
This rationale make no sense

I don't like being where we are either but I also don't know who all will flip or sign. Nobody does. If Mullen doesn't sign top classes he will be gone in year 3-4. I only wish something we say could change things.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.