Malaka

Sep 6, 2018
To be fair I remember TRex as being a pretty miserable guy from the GSMB days

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
To be fair I remember TRex as being a pretty miserable guy from the GSMB days

This is the new and improved version. I am giving Mullen some time and being fair/reasonable. I actual think he did a decent job this year. Beating ranked teams was a big stain on his resume. It is something everyone will be watching.

Wait, you didn't answer the question though. We're not celebrating going 2-3 vs ranked teams, are we?

Malaka

Sep 6, 2018
Happy with 2 and 3? In and of itself no. But we turned Franks into a serviceable qb and given the season as a whole I'm ok with it in its context. Franks at years end and even our depleted defense probably beats Kentucky. We had a gameplan and at least at one time the starting personnel to beat uga until franks **** the bed and Stewart got suspended along with cjs injury.

Mizzou we laid an egg and far and away is the biggest disapointment of the year because we looked so inept in all facets of the game.

Fsu and tennessee were bad but they've been bad and yet we still got blown out in other years or won by miracles.

If you can't see the step forward in the product on the field then again....must suck to be you because we finally had a watchable product on the field albeit with warts.

I expect the offense to take a big step forward next year. The defense could go either way depending on how we fill the voids at defensive line.

That doesn't satisfy the I want a title now crowd but I'm good with the trajectory

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Happy with 2 and 3? In and of itself no. But we turned Franks into a serviceable qb and given the season as a whole I'm ok with it in its context. Franks at years end and even our depleted defense probably beats Kentucky. We had a gameplan and at least at one time the starting personnel to beat uga until franks **** the bed and Stewart got suspended along with cjs injury.

Mizzou we laid an egg and far and away is the biggest disapointment of the year because we looked so inept in all facets of the game.

Fsu and tennessee were bad but they've been bad and yet we still got blown out in other years or won by miracles.

If you can't see the step forward in the product on the field then again....must suck to be you because we finally had a watchable product on the field albeit with warts.

I expect the offense to take a big step forward next year. The defense could go either way depending on how we fill the voids at defensive line.

That doesn't satisfy the I want a title now crowd but I'm good with the trajectory

Totally agree. Underneath that record there was vast improvement. No doubt. And I am not expecting a title this year or next but year 3...we need be getting close to Bammer/UGA. I think that why he was brought here. Are you saying it must suck to be me or people that can't see the improvements? I clearly see improvement and I was more happy than not this year. Overall, it was a win.

Malaka

Sep 6, 2018
Totally agree. Underneath that record there was vast improvement. No doubt. And I am not expecting a title this year or next but year 3...we need be getting close to Bammer/UGA. I think that why he was brought here. Are you saying it must suck to be me or people that can't see the improvements? I clearly see improvement and I was more happy than not this year. Overall, it was a win.

Nah my bad. I thought you were going a different route with this. I meant it must suck for those that can't see the improvement in this season and enjoy it.

Blacklabgator

Lurking Member
Lifetime Member
Jul 7, 2014
Why can Jimbo do it in the same exact number of days? Because Sumlin was a glowing success? What about Cristobal following in the footsteps of the legendary Taggart?

Other people are getting it done, history be damned. Why can't we?

Not to defend mullinz but cristobal was the recruiter there even when whiffin Willie was

Tay Bang

I might have been mean to Byrd
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2018
He went 2-3 vs ranked teams. I guess that is ok but nothing to celebrate, right?

I celebrated the $hit out of those two wins. As well as FSU and the other wins. I expected to lose at least 5 games this year. Life is too short to not celebrate big wins and bitch about losing games that a good part of us expected to lose pre-season. I look forward to celebrating many more in the future with Mullen, something I did not have with Chimp and Butters.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
So ... really, based on what you are saying ... rankings dont really matter.

EDIT: They do matter, dont get tripped up on that and get defensive ... but it can be skewed since it is very subjective.
Rankings arent the only thing that matters, no.

We would be better off adding two 4 star or even high three star DTs and safeties, than say, Sanders and Steele, though Sanders and Steele would lead a higher class rank.

Tay Bang

Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2018
Why can Jimbo do it in the same exact number of days? Because Sumlin was a glowing success? What about Cristobal following in the footsteps of the legendary Taggart?

Other people are getting it done, history be damned. Why can't we?

How about the entirety of TAMU has a much higher commitment to winning football games than UF over the last 10 years? It's not all just the coach.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018

We would be better off adding two 4 star or even high three star DTs and safeties, than say, Sanders and Steele, though Sanders and Steele would lead a higher class rank.

Hopefully we do that and add Steele too.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
How about the entirety of TAMU has a much higher commitment to winning football games than UF over the last 10 years? It's not all just the coach.
It isnt.... and Im obviously we need to fix it yesterday.... not five years from now.

And yet, no one has worse facilities than scUM, and Richt pulled down several nice classes before they figured out he is Richt.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
I liked Mullen’s presser. He didn’t oversell the class or the day, acknowledged they have more to do in this class & recruiting generally. He didn’t deny the rankings but gave a fair nod to their evaluations. I like what he said for example about Weston - he didn’t get ranked highly because he wasn’t at the camps etc. but has the size, speed, athleticism & character to make it. We’ll see. But he didn’t blow smoke either.

Last edited:

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
The city of Miami has beautiful beaches, gorgeous bikini-clad babes, impressive glitzy highrise architecture, conspicuous money flow, great catamaran sailing, fine deep-sea fishing, easy scuba, etc,etc Gainesville has just football for 14 weeks.

aTm has a rah-rah rabid fan-base that picks a guy up like a surf-wave, and their surroundings are totally rich.

With all the avalanche of disapproval of Mullen in total misfittery, can you imagine Swonkey at that presser podium ? Would GatorNation be feeling even any better than watching McElwain?? While we're into rebuilding, notice Swonkey is into tearing down ... can you hear it ?

Last edited:

GatorTruth133

Alethea
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2017

I'll agree with this partially. Sanders would be a luxury, but I do think Perine, Davis, Pierce, Clement, and Wright can hold it down at RB and then we might get the good ones next year.

Steele, however, we need the depth at CB. I think we have 3 good CB's returning (I will give Henderson a bigger nod than at this time last year), but does anyone really ever want to see McWilliams at CB again? I think Steele would certainly be ahead of him before he even practices.

With that said, the DTs and safeties are a big deal too.

Tay Bang

Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2018
Let’s sign 25 Adarius Lemons’ next year. We’ll be number one!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb