Recruiting 2019 recruiting still Butterslike, #17 class

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I have literally zero belief that the people that run the University of Florida have even remotely close to the same desire to win football games as the people who run Texas A&M. Recruits will follow the huge money that the Aggies are throwing at football. And that glass licking moron wears his NC ring while visiting recruits.

Texas A&M's New $20-Million Football Complex Looks Amazing, And They Can Thank Johnny Manziel
man, you're like a dude that just walks around with a trash bag full of excuses ready to pull one out and drop it at any moment.

Jimbo can wave his one ring, Mullen can wave his two. Seriously, this is weak.

Last edited:

Tay Bang

I might have been mean to Byrd
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2018
man, you're like a dude that just walks around with a trash bag full of excuses ready to pull one out and drop it at any moment.

Jimbo can wave his one ring, Mullen can wave his two. Seriously, this is weak.

Assistant coach rings don’t count for jack.

Yes, the reasons for our suckage could fill a trash bag. And Mullen needs lots of trash bags to haul away the **** show he inherited. Give it some time.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Assistant coach rings don’t count for jack.

Yes, the reasons for our suckage could fill a trash bag. And Mullen needs lots of trash bags to haul away the **** show he inherited. Give it some time.
With the amount of time and energy you spend trashing every damn thing about the UF football program, it's absolutely absurd for you to be calling anyone on this board a dumper. You have dumped on literally every single thing associated with UF football for the purpose of justifying poor results, minus Dan Mullen.

Tay Dump is your new name.

Sec14Gator

Lifetime Member
Oct 8, 2017

I’m generally on the other side of this recruiting success/failure argument from you Tay, but this is a great response.

Tay Bang

I might have been mean to Byrd
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2018
With the amount of time and energy you spend trashing every damn thing about the UF football program, it's absolutely absurd for you to be calling anyone on this board a dumper. You have dumped on literally every single thing associated with UF football for the purpose of justifying poor results, minus Dan Mullen.

Tay Dump is your new name.

Tay Pump Gator would work for me.

How anyone can argue that the University administration, athletic association and head coaches have not run the Mighty Gator ship into the scrap yard in ten short years is beyond comprehension. I heard the This Program is Broke thing that Meyer said. Simply stating it’s going to take a competent coach a few years to get this thing running again us hardly delusional. I’m thrilled with the results so far by the way.

Do you feel the UF administration and AA has the dedication to winning that Bammer, ugly, Oregon, tamu, etc has? I don’t. That’s tough to overcome.

GR8 2B

A Florida Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2016
Why can Jimbo do it in the same exact number of days? Because Sumlin was a glowing success? What about Cristobal following in the footsteps of the legendary Taggart?

Other people are getting it done, history be damned. Why can't we?
I was pointing out that the author's statement "to this point" is barely a year after Mullen was hired, well before the February conclusion to 2019 recruiting, and after inheriting a class that had very little quality or depth due to horrendous recruiting over two (!) coaching tenures. My post was not directed at your statement, that you think the article explains exactly how you feel about this recruiting cycle so far. That's an important qualifier, in my mind, and fair.

DMVGator

Aug 15, 2018
I’d love to see one of you dumpers logically explain how UF suddenly belongs in the top ten of recruiting after a decade of crap and a one year coach with few recruiting relationships in Florida and Georgia. The Gators are no longer the Mighty Gators who snapped their fingers and rolled in top 5 classes. The ship has been run aground. This isn’t a one year fix.

Mullen’s transition class was ranked 14th. We also brought in some damn good transfers. Relationships weren’t a problem then. He had an entire year to build relationships with the 2019 kids. This excuse is wack. What’s the next one?

DMVGator

Aug 15, 2018
I have literally zero belief that the people that run the University of Florida have even remotely close to the same desire to win football games as the people who run Texas A&M. Recruits will follow the huge money that the Aggies are throwing at football. And that glass licking moron wears his NC ring while visiting recruits.

Texas A&M's New $20-Million Football Complex Looks Amazing, And They Can Thank Johnny Manziel

Does Mullen not wear his championship rings that he won HERE?!

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Nah man if you think I only see positive I don't know what to tell you. What I do know is that we are eat better off than we have been despite the somewhat sluggish start to recruiting. I worry quite a bit about the defense going forward just don't see the point in griping constantly about things I cant change. I love an explosive defense but hated the repeated lapses we saw this year. When we officially lose polite and zuniga I will worry even more but again....I'm in wait and see mode.

Zuniga is probably in for another year, he is the 18th-21st ranked at his position on most boards I've seen. Polite has a mid1st/ early 2nd round grade. But that isn't where the majority of our issues on the line are at DT where we only picked up one.

Mullen haters cited his inability to beat ranked teams. So we beat LSU and miss st and with a depleted team and people still gripe. They griped about his recruiting at miss state. He will recruit better here and its already happening for 2020. I don't care about other schools. Well sort of. We're not beating Bama or georgia often on recruits. We just aren't set up for it. Uga used to beat Spurrier in recruiting too. How did that work out. But there has to be a balance and we are a little short on the recruiting end for now. I just see the change in energy, coaching, perception haopening and willing to give him a pass with all other things considered.

Mullen did go 2-3 against ranked team, and 2-1 against teams with equal or better talent. But I've already addressed his coaching as far as this conversation, yet you bring up it instead of keeping to the topic at hand.

Until we have LOI's for 2020 there is nothing to discuss there, they will not be helping this team until 2020 if they sign.

If you do not care about other schools, how to compare the job he is doing? If the market is 130 D1 schools and 65 P5 schools, that is the market that is what he is compared against. More specifically there are 14 SEC schools and only 10 schools that are on our tier of programs nationally.

UGA used to beat Florida regularly in recruiting under Spurrier…. so what you are saying it those teams from 90-02 we were less talented than UGA teams? I think much like your quarterback argument, you might want to go back and check the tape.

I do like your habit of giving an argument, being proven wrong then changing the argument... keep it up... you will be fun to play with.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I don't see Dan Mullen making excuses.
well I wasn't talking about Dan. Fwiw I'm convinced he knows 17th isnt going to cut it. He said as much in the presser. We need a couple cracker jack recruiters on staff; he does that and we become a real contender almost immediately.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I don't see Dan Mullen making excuses.
Im not gonna lie, Mullinz is growing on me every day.

It is great to have a coach who doesnt seem and sound like a disinterested, slightly developmentally delayed oaf.

Thick&ThinG8r

Lifetime Member
Aug 21, 2014
Everyone loves the "Florida recruits itself" mantra. Well, it recruited itself to a 15th final ranking before this is over.
That's who we are until we show recruits we are "all in" on making them the best they can be.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
UGA used to beat Florida regularly in recruiting under Spurrier…. so what you are saying it those teams from 90-02 we were less talented than UGA teams? I think much like your quarterback argument, you might want to go back and check the tape.

One of the HBC’s famous quotes involved uga’s higher ranked recruiting classes in Feb, but then Oct rolls around and the uga pumpers claim after the game UF has superior talent... “where’d all those talented uga classes go?” With SOS, the coaching advantage over the rest of the SEC was almost unfair. Unfortunately for us, Steven Orr Spurriers don’t grow on a tree behind the south end zone.

Malaka

Sep 6, 2018
Zuniga is probably in for another year, he is the 18th-21st ranked at his position on most boards I've seen. Polite has a mid1st/ early 2nd round grade. But that isn't where the majority of our issues on the line are at DT where we only picked up one.

Mullen did go 2-3 against ranked team, and 2-1 against teams with equal or better talent. But I've already addressed his coaching as far as this conversation, yet you bring up it instead of keeping to the topic at hand.

Until we have LOI's for 2020 there is nothing to discuss there, they will not be helping this team until 2020 if they sign.

If you do not care about other schools, how to compare the job he is doing? If the market is 130 D1 schools and 65 P5 schools, that is the market that is what he is compared against. More specifically there are 14 SEC schools and only 10 schools that are on our tier of programs nationally.

I do like your habit of giving an argument, being proven wrong then changing the argument... keep it up... you will be fun to play with.

Changing the argument? More like not being a myopic whiner and looking at the big picture which has several factors. 2020 doesnt count? But 19 isnt finished yet you cry about our ranking. If we pull out a couple DTs I'll be fine with what we got this year need wise. As far as Georgia? spurriers own words were to the fact that Georgia gets the higher rates recruits so that must mean we coach ours up better. You must know better than Spurrier I guess.

Keep stomping your feet whiner

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Changing the argument? More like not being a myopic whiner and looking at the big picture which has several factors. 2020 doesnt count? But 19 isnt finished yet you cry about our ranking. If we pull out a couple DTs I'll be fine with what we got this year need wise. As far as Georgia? spurriers own words were to the fact that Georgia gets the higher rates recruits so that must mean we coach ours up better. You must know better than Spurrier I guess.

Keep stomping your feet whiner

First off, are the player from 2020 on campus for the 2019 season? If the answer is no, then they currently do not matter. If you have read what I've said, if we finish at 17, finish that means after NSD.

Also what you are suggesting is that the talent gap between UGA talent and our talent was vastly superior to ours? Can you prove it? Not Spurrier's words, but verifiable data. Spurrier said a lot of things when UGA did win individual years, also said it a lot at South Carolina. Spurrier like to beat someone on the field and in the press.

I'll be waiting... you can research when we lost our top three quarterbacks in 2013 again while you are at it.

Malaka

Sep 6, 2018
First off, are the player from 2020 on campus for the 2019 season? If the answer is no, then they currently do not matter. If you have read what I've said, if we finish at 17, finish that means after NSD.

Also what you are suggesting is that the talent gap between UGA talent and our talent was vastly superior to ours? Can you prove it? Not Spurrier's words, but verifiable data. Spurrier said a lot of things when UGA did win individual years, also said it a lot at South Carolina. Spurrier like to beat someone on the field and in the press.

I'll be waiting... you can research when we lost our top three quarterbacks in 2013 again while you are at it.

Yaaaaawwwn

You're fighting over minutia on ways to stay miserable. Brissett transferred after 2012. Correct. My mistake and I remember now wishing he had stayed because Driskels early injury followed by Murphy's left us for all intents and purposes with a 4th string qb that year. Not exactly but still a rare and unfortunate set of circumstances. And it was only a few years before that brantley was hurt and we were managing the position with two eventual tight ends in Jordan reed and trey Burton.

You wanna split hairs to win some petty right to continue to piss and moan ok . congrats. The overall point stands that most major programs havent had to deal with that kind of injury or attrition save the national title osu team where they struck gold with their qb.

And so you do think you know more than Spurrier. Got it. How old are you? Just wondering

Continue bitching and moaning for another year. Ill continue to.....gasp....wait and see and hope for the best instead of crying every step of the way

Last edited:

UFHealthGator

Lifetime Member
Nov 12, 2017
In other news, UT lands more recruits, ranking up to 12 on Rivals, not including a 5* big DT Meatchicken transfer.

I would love to hear how U freaking Tenn is recruiting better than us. If you thought we were a dump the past 10 years, UT has been worse in every way the past 20.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.