Recruiting 2019 recruiting still Butterslike, #17 class

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah, that’s not how quotes work. Notice how the quotation marks start at the beginning of the sentence and don’t reappear until the very end? That’s a quote or excerpt from an article. The fact that the statement contains verbiage alluding to Meyer praising Zook’s recruiting efforts, doesn’t mean that the entire quote can or should be attributed to him. Rather, it’s an article intended to show both a measure of facts and imply a position that the author has assumed. I’m sure Meyer issued some type of statement regarding the matter, but that would’ve appeared differently as a direct quote within the article.
Furthermore, the quotes are answers to what a dipshyt asked him.

You can find plenty of "quotes" about how great Provancha, Jacob Guy or every other scout team QB was doing, bc that's all Bowl ever asked, but it doesn't mean they were ever really pushing the 1st string QB for PT.

If you think CUM actually thinks Zookie was responsible for an NC, just bc some idiot journo asked it, I have some lake front tropical property in Ashtabula to sell you.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Looks like we’re on track for a very Mac-like class. Anything outside top 12 is pathetic.

gatorev12

Lifetime Member
Aug 17, 2018
sherlock-holmes.jpg

Damn impressive. You're the first person that has mentioned this.

The last few pages or two had mostly been people arguing about previous coaches and hadn't read through the other stuff from weeks/months ago.

My apologies for tabling the sidebar, sir! Haha

Mullen's recruiting abilities were a big reason I (and many others) were "meh" on the hire to begin with; and while he's certainly been better than expected on the field in Year 1: if he doesn't recruit better, he won't have future success.

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
Looks like we’re on track for a very Mac-like class. Anything outside top 12 is pathetic.

It sucks. Can’t believe the staff **** the bed like this considering how bad some of our rivals are floundering.

Trim the fat Dan.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
It sucks. Can’t believe the staff **** the bed like this considering how bad some of our rivals are floundering.

Trim the fat Dan.

I’ll wait until tomorrow to judge it, but it’s not sounding great at the moment.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Furthermore, the quotes are answers to what a dipshyt asked him.

You can find plenty of "quotes" about how great Provancha, Jacob Guy or every other scout team QB was doing, bc that's all Bowl ever asked, but it doesn't mean they were ever really pushing the 1st string QB for PT.

If you think CUM actually thinks Zookie was responsible for an NC, just bc some idiot journo asked it, I have some lake front tropical property in Ashtabula to sell you.
Treon was nothing more than a scout team qb.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
The last few pages or two had mostly been people arguing about previous coaches and hadn't read through the other stuff from weeks/months ago.

My apologies for tabling the sidebar, sir! Haha

Mullen's recruiting abilities were a big reason I (and many others) were "meh" on the hire to begin with; and while he's certainly been better than expected on the field in Year 1: if he doesn't recruit better, he won't have future success.

Yep he better get his act together on that. If we do end up like 15th which will be like 6th or 7th in the SEC he will really have a time making the SECCG in the next few years.

Then we will hear he is worse than Butters in 2020.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
There should be changes before the February signing period. English and Sunseri completely laid an egg. Gonzalez did but we know he's untouchable. The first 2 should be job hunting as we speak.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Yep he better get his act together on that. If we do end up like 15th which will be like 6th or 7th in the SEC he will really have a time making the SECCG in the next few years.

Then we will hear he is worse than Butters in 2020.
The recruiting classes produce results on the field in three years. We will have a rough year next year, signing less talent than we are losing. Year three is pretty much always a let down.

The fact is NEXT year, Mullins owns or should own 50 of the 85 on the roster.

It will be well past time complaining about Butters. Don't like the talent? Fix it. Didn't fix it? That's on you.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
I disagree with every word of this post, but I still want to say I'm a fan of yours and am glad you're here. You just got bonus points for calling our beloved sofla a "dipstick". :lol:

By the way, Zook NEVER EVER EVER would have beaten FSU at Doak during the 90's. Never.

The guys defense blew a 28 point 4 Qtr lead to the noles. Hell no he wouldn’t have ever come close to beating them in the ‘90’s.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
Sounds like another signing day flop is inevitable. Wish Stricklin would put some pressure on Mullen to make some staff changes, but doubt he does. Probably give them all raises. Lol

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Whispers that Sanders is gone too.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Whispers? That guy has been gone long ago. At this point, clench that we hit on the Lakeland kids
#SecretCommitU Truthers assured me we had Sanders, Ika, Hunter, Neal, Pickering, Dean, Elam, Steele, and a bunch of others.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator