Recruiting 2019 NSD: 4* DE Khris Bogle and 4* CB Elam signs

CHAMPIONSHIP: If you were forced to have dinner with one of these members, who would you choose?

• Swamp Donkey

• Swamp Queen

• Durty South Swamp

• dubster1

• BNAG8R

Results are only viewable after voting.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Florida also doled out more scholarship offers to Class of 2019 and beyond recruits.

Here are the latest to hear from the Gators:
  • Class of 2021 athlete Kamar Wilcoxson, from Stone Mountain, Ga., also received an offer, tweeting that Florida was his “childhood DREAM school.”

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I have no clue how that assclown Jimbo is such a good recruiter:

Texas A&M recruiting: Jimbo Fisher lands commitment from 5-star safety Brian Williams

https://www.seccountry.com/texas-am...lands-commitment-5-star-safety-brian-williams

Jimbo Fisher almost always put together elite classes at Florida State. And he’s now landed his first 5-star commitment at Texas A&M.

Brian Williams, a 2019 safety and 5-star prospect, announced his commitment to the Aggies via Twitter on Saturday. Williams is the younger brother of former Arkansas running back Rawleigh Williams. He is listed at 6-foot and weighs 185 pounds.

Texas A&M has not signed a 5-star prospect since the 2015 class and Williams’ is the first 5-star defensive back Texas A&M since 247Sports recruiting services came into existence in 2001. Williams hails from Dallas, and is the No. 1 safety in the country and the No. 2 prospect in the state of Texas per the 247Sports recruiting rankings. The 5-star prospect also held offers from Texas, Notre Dame and Stanford.

Williams is the fourth member of Texas A&M’s 2019 recruiting class, joining 4-star quarterback Grant Gunnell, 3-star wide receiver Chase Lane and kicker Caden Davis.

While the Aggies have gotten off to a great start for 2019, there is still a lot of work to be done in the 2018 class. The Aggies have the No. 34 class in the country but they have a chance to close strong with a number of top targets, such as 4-star wide receiver Jaylen Waddle and 4-star safety Leon O’Neal Jr.

He’s always been a phenomenal recruiter. Couple that with Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dumb running our program, it steered us into a ditch.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
Look at the 6'7 kid from Hawaii that was offered!

I'm amazed at the offers and the amount of miles this staff is out on the road. I could be wrong (doubtful), but I don't recall Butters or anyone on his staff traveling like this...

I’m impressed with the miles, too, but I hope they will strive to dominate in Florida. I hate losing A+ guys to Clempson, AU, Bama, OSU and USC.

Conversely, I worry California guys will bail or struggle to settle in here.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Honestly, I never heard of this kid...

Massive 2019 OT Andrew Coker from Texas decommits from Florida

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/f...2019-ot-andrew-coker-texas-decommits-florida/

The Florida Gators’ 2019 recruiting class has taken some big hits in the past week, and on Monday night, they lost another key player.

3-star OT Andrew Coker, a Texas native, has decided to reopen his recruiting process moving forward.

Coker announced his decision on his Twitter page, as you can see in the tweet below:

According to the 247Sports composite, Coker — a 6-7, 335-pound lineman — is the No. 58 offensive tackle in the 2019 recruiting class and the No. 61 overall recruit from the state of Florida.

With Coker’s decommitment, the Gators now have only three players in their 2019 class — one 4-star player and two 3-star recruits.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Florida recruiting: Gators’ 2019 de-commitments not cause for concern

https://www.seccountry.com/florida/florida-recruiting-gators-2019-de-commitments-not-concern

Florida’s 2019 class was once ranked No. 1 nationally with a dozen commits, but that number has dwindled to three players over the past two months. Given the Gators’ coaching transition, the recent run of 2019 de-commitments should not be cause for concern.

Andrew Coker is the latest recruit to reopen his recruitment. The 3-star tackle from Texas backed off his pledge Monday, tweeting that it was nothing personal and he had to do what was best for him and his family.

Coker is the fourth de-commitment in the last two weeks and the ninth recruit to leave Florida’s 2019 class since new coach Dan Mullen was hired on Nov. 26. However, Gators fans should not overreact to these departures.

First of all, Mullen inherited a large 2019 class, and most coaches don’t walk into a new job with 12 recruits already on board for the junior year cycle of prospects. A few of the de-commitments left the class on their own, others had a mutual parting of ways and some have yet to be re-offered.

Regardless, Mullen technically hasn’t lost any recruits of his own. Each of the nine de-commitments pledged to previous Florida staff. When those coaches left, all bets were off and four players jumped ship right away.

It’s not a knock on Mullen that these prospects want to reopen their recruitments with more than a year remaining in the 2019 cycle. Many of them are still high on the Gators and will be targeted by the new staff.

Mullen also experienced several de-commitments in the Class of 2018 as Florida fell more than 20 spots in the recruiting rankings. He and his assistants built the commitment list back up during the early signing period and now the Gators have a chance to regain their top-10 ranking on National Signing Day.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Davis feels a new atmosphere with the Florida Gators under Mullen

https://www.gatorcountry.com/featur...osphere-with-the-florida-gators-under-mullen/

The Florida Gators had a big weekend of visitors on campus for official visits this past weekend but on Friday they hosted several underclassmen on unofficial visits.

One of the bigger names on campus on Friday was 2019 defensive tackle Tyler Davis (6-2, 261, Apopka, FL. Wekiva) who enjoyed his first trip to Gainesville under Dan Mullen’s staff.

“It went good,” Davis said on his visit to Florida on Friday. “We took a tour of the campus and facilities and put on the jerseys.”

While on campus, Davis got the chance to talk to two different coaches including new area recruiter Ron English.

“I talked to Coach Ron English and Coach [Dan] Mullen,” he said on the coaches he spoke to on Friday. “Coach English was talking about how we need to stay in touch and he is going to see me more often. He’s a great person and coach.”

When Mullen got the chance to speak with Davis, the Gators head coach made sure to tell the 2019 prospect he was welcomed in town at anytime.

“He’s saying how he wants me to take another visit to them,” Davis said on Mullen’s message to him. “He didn’t say that much to me but was just talking about I need to come back.”

Davis has visited Florida several times under the last coaching staff but he noticed a big difference on Friday under the new coaching staff.

“It’s like a new atmosphere there,” he said on the difference with this staff from the old one. “I’m very excited to see what they do this season.”

The new atmosphere around the program caught Davis’ attention but he admits that the Gators were always on his mind.

“Yes, but I always have been interested in Florida,” Davis said if the new staff helps the Gators chances with him. “They’re on the come up and they’re a great school.”

Florida isn’t the only school after Davis as three other schools are coming after the 2019 prospect hard.

“Florida, Ohio State, NC State and North Carolina,” he said about schools standing out. “Those are just the schools recruiting me the hardest right now.”

INSIDERS TAKE: Davis is one of the top prospects in the 2019 class and he has a lot of interest in Florida. Ohio State is another school that has Davis’ attention and he has already visited them twice.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Mangham believes in the Florida Gators strength and conditioning staff

https://www.gatorcountry.com/featur...orida-gators-strength-and-conditioning-staff/

Last Friday, the Florida Gators hosted several underclassmen prospects on campus for unofficial visits before they hosted a big official visitor weekend.

Head coach Dan Mullen is trying to get prospects on campus as much as he can and he got 2019 running back Jaren Mangham (6-1, 212, Detroit, MI Cass Tech)

“My trip was great,” Mangham said of his visit to Florida on Friday. “I had a great time at Florida talking with the new coaches. I took a tour of the campus and the facilities.”

Mangham was in the state for a 7-on-7 tournament but made it a point to visit the Gators and he explained why.

“The coaching staff and the rich history of Florida football,” he said on why he likes Florida and visited them. “They were always high on my list.”

While on the visit, Mangham got a chance to talk to the Gators head coach about where things are going for Florida.

“I was able to talk with Coach Mullen about becoming a Gator,” he said of the coaches he spoke with. “He was saying just that there going to get Florida going in the right direction and I should be a part of something special.”

During the visit, he also got to catch up with running backs coach Greg Knox about where the Gators want him at.

“I’m being recruited as a running back,” Mangham said. “I talk with Coach [Greg] Knox all the time even when he was at Mississippi State and he says I’m the big back with soft hands that they’re looking for.”

The relationship between Mangham and Knox dates back over a year now and the two have a solid relationship.

“He just talks to me about life and preparing to be successful when I make a decision in which school to attend,” he said of the message from Knox. “He’s just a great coach and a better person. We have a good relationship.”

Despite this being the first time for him to visit Gainesville, Mangham is already very comfortable with the coaching staff but he learned a lot about the atmosphere at Florida on Friday.

“I was very familiar with the coaching staff since they were recruiting me when they were at Mississippi State,” Mangham said of his thoughts on the coaching staff and atmosphere at Florida. “So I feel very comfortable with them and what they’re trying to build at Florida. The atmosphere was crazy good and I could see and the energy from the staff and campus. The strength coach knows his stuff and will definitely get you right.”

Strength coach Nick Savage impressed Mangham a lot during the visit and the 2019 running back believes in what Savage does in the weight room.

“Just the energy and you can really feel and see the results he gets from you, he’s unreal,” he said on Savage. “I know he would make me a better athlete.”

The Gators aren’t the only school hard after Mangham, as the 2019 athlete says several other SEC and big schools are after him.

“Oregon, Colorado, Minnesota, Mississippi State, Michigan State, Tennessee and Kentucky,” Mangham said of schools recruiting him hard.

INSIDERS TAKE: Mangham is originally from Texas and he says distance won’t play a factor into his decision. Mangham also says he plans on returning to Florida for another visit this spring or summer.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Mullen better get his ass to work on this 2019 class or we're in BIG, BIG trouble!!! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb