Recruiting 2019 NSD: 4* DE Khris Bogle and 4* CB Elam signs

CHAMPIONSHIP: If you were forced to have dinner with one of these members, who would you choose?

• Swamp Donkey

• Swamp Queen

• Durty South Swamp

• dubster1

• BNAG8R

Results are only viewable after voting.

heversle

Founding Member
Baba Booey Tata Toothy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Hey heversle, instead of giving me facepalms on this, why don't you tell me WTF it's supposed to mean? You obviously know, since this comment obviously hurt your feelings for some reason.

Why do you care what it means? I’m more amazed by the fact you think it’s “embarrassing” that Mullen is finding a way to relate to recruits. Who can predict why the hell they’re into what they’re into in 2019? Contrived or not, we should be thankful we have a coach that is evolved enough to try to understand this generation. As long as blue chippers are buying into the program and committing, he can tap dance for all I care.

heversle

Founding Member
Baba Booey Tata Toothy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Also, the facepalm is a highly underrated response. I’m trying to bring awareness to the vast features of this message board, Ox. Your welcome. :grin:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Here’s a good write up on how Dan has flipped the roster with blue chips

SIAP: Roster transformation under Mullen
There are definitely still some red flags, which the poster notes:

There is a clear lack of high end talent, however, when you look at the departing talent vs. the incoming talent.
Even if we add Elam and MAR, it doesnt really change that this class isnt even Mushchimp level much less Meyer, SoS or even Zook level.

Frankly with all our rivals being flaming dumpster fires, we should be killing it.

In 2018, we had 35 total BC players.
In 2019, we (so far) have 44 total BC players.
I can't believe it ever came to that at the University of Florida, the Flagship. How many clapped and cheered while the Duncecap destroyed the offense and the Three Star Whisperer destroyed the other half of the team.

In 2018, there were only 10 programs who had 44 + BC players according to the composite rankings:

Ohio State (66 BC)
Alabama (63 BC)
Georgia (61 BC)
USC (51 BC)
LSU (50 BC)
Clemson (46 BC)
Michigan (44 BC)
Notre Dame (44 BC)
Oklahoma (44 BC)
Auburn (44 BC)

If we add Elam and MAR, that would have us at 46BC, which would have us, in 2018, tied with Clemson as having the 6th most BC players on the roster
Well, claiming we could be tied woth Clemson is a bit disengenous in that Clemson has 5 or 6 times the five star players we do (and they seem to never miss on those guus like we do). Ive never bothered looking at the high four star types but Im sure they are killing us w those numbers.

We have landed mostly low 4 */ borderline 3 * kids in this and the last class. That is, of course, still a drastic improvement over the low 3 * /borderline 2* players that Butters landed.

We're still not there, and there are some inexplicable choices we made such a spending so much time elsewhere (Miss and Cali) and very little in Florida.

However, the late season improvement in recruiting is much like the late improvement we had in the regular season. Terrible starts to both and enough late-season improvement to give us legitimate cause to have hope.

In next year's class it does appear that we are finally getting looks, real looks, from the elite players.

(fat chance Kylan Johnson and Rayshad Jackson will see snaps with who is coming in, same with Christopher McWilliams)
We certainly need roster spots and many of these guys will be encouraged to look elsewhere.

Last edited:

JCTow

Nov 16, 2017
I'm

I like Anthony-Richards a lot too. But I want this kid from the next cycle for that hybrid RB/WR position. Toney can hold it down perfectly fine until we can possibly land Rakim Jarrett.
So is he a legit 5* Rivals has him 5*is he a 3* on other recruiting sites?

JDW

Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
Must be a UGA lean if rivals has him propped up like that

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Where did the retarded motorcycle thing start? What is it supposed to mean? It's embarrassing as hell.
First off, let's have sum respect for the athleticism. My first 3 tries, I fell off.

1) ... means, "I gots the brainsery of Evil Kneival. Bet I can jump Snake Canyon."
2) ... maybe some fogey introduce them to "Funk 49", James Gang.
3) ... when they 'ride' as a group, maybe "our gang gonna roll all over you." ??

But you're right ox, who got this adopted?

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
So is he a legit 5* Rivals has him 5*is he a 3* on other recruiting sites?
I would be a little careful with 5* rankings in that class right now. Rivals will be having the new rankings coming out soon. 247 will then see what Rivals does and then adjust their rankings about 15 times.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014

Even if we add Elam and MAR, it doesnt really change that this class isnt even Mushchimp level much less Meyer, SoS or even Zook level.

Frankly with all our rivals being flaming dumpster fires, we should be killing it.

I can't believe it ever came to that at the University of Florida, the Flagship. How many clapped and cheered while the Duncecap destroyed the offense and the Three Star Whisperer destroyed the other half of the team.

Well, claiming we could be tied woth Clemson is a bit disengenous in that Clemson has 5 or 6 times the five star players we do (and they seem to never miss on those guus like we do). Ive never bothered looking at the high four star types but Im sure they are killing us w those numbers.

We have landed mostly low 4 */ borderline 3 * kids in this and the last class. That is, of course, still a drastic improvement over the low 3 * /borderline 2* players that Butters landed.

We're still not there, and there are some inexplicable choices we made such a spending so much time elsewhere (Miss and Cali) and very little in Florida.

However, the late season improvement in recruiting is much like the late improvement we had in the regular season. Terrible starts to both and enough late-season improvement to give us legitimate cause to have hope.

In next year's class it does appear that we are finally getting looks, real looks, from the elite players.

We certainly need roster spots and many of these guys will be encouraged to look elsewhere.

Good breakdown Law.

The biggest piece worth noting in that post is the lack of "high end" recruits. That's where we are severely lacking. Each class should include 3 to 5 (or more of the top 100 kids). If we're being greedy, 6 or more....but realistically, getting 4 or so per class should be doable for "the flagship". Having low end 4-star kids is fine to fill out the class, and realistically most top classes have several lower rated 4-stars and high end 3-stars.

Hopefully that changes in the 2020 class...

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

agree with pretty much all of this.

I will say I understand Mullen spending time in Mississippi and that region, given the relationship they had with players. They really should've treated this like a transition year and doubled their recruiting efforts. Instead we spend an inordinate amount of time in Cali, instead of Florida. Sure we got Steele, but who did we miss on here? As Holiday said, you've got to recruit the schools. Well, this is where I give Mullen some slack. The relationships have been strained for a while, so I understand needing time to rebuild those relationships. But...he should've been doing that instead of going to Cali.

At the end of the day, 2020 is a critical class. 2019 may end strong, but kids want to play for championships and they look at class rankings just like everyone else.

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
There are definitely still some red flags,

Frankly with all our rivals being flaming dumpter fires, we should be killing it.

In 2018, we had 35 total BC players.
In 2019, we (so far) have 44 total BC players.

Well, claiming we could be tied woth Clemson is a bit disengenous innthat Clemson has 5 or 6 times the five star players we do. Ive never bothered looking at the high four star types but Im sure they are killing us w those numbers.

We have landed mostly low 4 star borderline 3 star kids in this and the last class. That is, of course, still a drastic improvement over the low 3 * borderline 2* players that Butters landed.

We re still not there. And there are some inexplicable choices we made such a spending so much time elsewhere (Miss and Cali) and very little in Florida.

However the late season improvement in recruiting is much like the late improvement we had in the regular season. Terrible starts to both and enough late-season improvement to have some hope.

(fat chance Kylan Johnson and Rayshad Jackson will see snaps with who is coming in, same with Christopher McWilliams)
[/quote]
We certainly need roster spots and many of these guys will be encouraged to look elsewhere.[/QUOTE]

Good breakdown Law.

The biggest piece worth noting in that post is the lack of "high end" recruits. That's where we are severely lacking. Each class should include 3 to 5 (or more of the top 100 kids). If we're being greedy, 6 or more....but realistically, getting 4 or so per class should be doable for "the flagship". Having low end 4-star kids is fine to fill out the class, and realistically most top classes have several lower rated 4-stars and high end 3-stars.

Hopefully that changes in the 2020 class...
with MAR and Elam that’s 3 Top 100, and Diwun is a top 50 player but dropped when he announced he wasn’t playing this last season (rivals), but 247 did not drop him, having him as a fringe five star at 31st overall. He was consensus top 60 before the announcement to sit out.

So that’s technically 4 (if we are looking into a possible future finish with Elam and MAR) and I will count him because his drop wasn’t due to poor play or injury. The kid sat out to work on grades.

We do need top end talent but right now I’m happy with the flipping of the roster and the blue chip percentage is headed the right way and fast

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
Hey heversle, instead of giving me facepalms on this, why don't you tell me WTF it's supposed to mean? You obviously know, since this comment obviously hurt your feelings for some reason.
It’s a South Florida thing and I believe it was started by Teddy Bridgewater. Think a lot of kids in Florida in general have adopted it and made it a Florida thing overall. But it definitely started at Miami Northwestern HS

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
I’m with @Slevin, not like Mullen was known for recruiting so starting by building a base of low/mid range 4 stars will pay dividends on the field and during practice. If he starts pulling top talent next year, could be building something good. If not, probably confirms he’s a Richt type. Guess we’ll see.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.