Recruiting 2019 NSD: 4* DE Khris Bogle and 4* CB Elam signs

CHAMPIONSHIP: If you were forced to have dinner with one of these members, who would you choose?

• Swamp Donkey

• Swamp Queen

• Durty South Swamp

• dubster1

• BNAG8R

Results are only viewable after voting.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
For some reason, this board has decided that Spikes was a scrub who was lucky to play at all.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
I’m really happy that we got Steele, don’t get me wrong, but be spent a lot of time and effort to grab one kid. You can’t help but wonder what could be done in the SE with the same effort. Maybe we get two or three top 100’s. You just can’t know. Certainly not a total waste but I think you needed two of those three guys, for it to be worthwhile. Hell, if Bolden would have come here with Steele that could have made it worthwhile.

The other side is that we were working Cali instead of FL and South Ga coaches. We need those relationships.

Anyways, it seems to be working itself out and I think they learned a lesson

Or perhaps because you have one very highly rated kid in CA who is very very interested in your program, you might go ahead and recruit other kids in the area because you are flying staff out there for home visits etc anyway. The marginal cost of recruiting extra guys in CA once you are already flying out there is pretty small. The opportunity cost should not matter to UF as UF has the resources to stay in as close contact with as many kids as they are interested in.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
Hopefully we move up a spot or two (or 3) w/ the additions.

Take a look at Penn State's class. It's pretty impressive. "Only" ranked 11th, but they have 1 5-Star, 16 4-star's, and only 1 3-star. The only other team w/ just 1 3-star is Alabama. Their average is 92.11, which would put them 4th overall in average (Ohio State is ranked 12th w/ but 3rd in average at 92.22).

Well you prompted me to look at PSU's class as Cross seems to be waivering on FSU, he is a S who has visited UF and is taking a visit to PSU. Well their class already includes 5 DB with 2 of them listed at S. UF really needs a S and he has visited UF and is wavering on FSU, so I am hoping.

5-Star Finger

Apex predator of the political forum biome
Lifetime Member
Nov 16, 2017
For some reason, this board has decided that Spikes was a scrub who was lucky to play at all.

Allow me to retort:
brandon spikes.gif

It isn't just the hit, here. Notice how quick the every white jersey on the field is rushing to where Spikes just leveled Knowshon because it is pretty clear the whole team knew how amped he was to kick some ass. When your leader has that kind of intensity he's going to bring the team up with him.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Rivals Top 250 is out: 2019 Rivals250 Prospect Ranking

Zipperer went from outside the top 250 to #160 - HUGE jump. He was the 16th ranked TE and is now #4 ranked TE in the class (the top ranked TE is at #77, so there's only 83 spots between him and the #1 TE).

Arjei Henderson dropped 42 spots to #130.

Charles Moore is up 126 spots to #79.

Elam up 47 spots to #63.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Allow me to retort:

It isn't just the hit, here. Notice how quick the every white jersey on the field is rushing to where Spikes just leveled Knowshon because it is pretty clear the whole team knew how amped he was to kick some ass. When your leader has that kind of intensity he's going to bring the team up with him.

It's like MLB Charles Jefferson from Ridgemont High School in 1982.

Watch #33 in the actual game video below:

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
UF assistants Greg Knox, Sal Sunseri, and Todd Grantham visited 4-star DL Nathan Pickering on Monday in Seminary, Mississippi.

5-Star Finger

Lifetime Member
Nov 16, 2017
It's like MLB Charles Jefferson from Ridgemont High School in 1982.

Wonder if he has an eligibility left. Heard of this great halfback that may be available too:

I got this footage from a drill they were running after hours in a players-only practice:

5-Star Finger

Lifetime Member
Nov 16, 2017
UF assistants Greg Knox, Sal Sunseri, and Todd Grantham visited 4-star DL Nathan Pickering on Monday in Seminary, Mississippi.

Does Pickering have any officials scheduled elsewhere?

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
There's a good article in The Athletic by Will Sammon discussing player hosts. It starts off w/ Safety J. Taylor; he went 5-0 on the players he hosted last year signing w/ UF. Apparently, Randy Russell has been hosting players and has had a real positive impact. Russell said when he hosts, questions always arise about his situation....often from parents. This is when he tells them that coaches around the country will say that they'll always support you in that situation - but that's not always the case - and for him, UF and Mullen have always been there and they stood by their word. Good story/article. If you have a subscription go check it out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.