Recruiting 2019 NSD: 4* DE Khris Bogle and 4* CB Elam signs

CHAMPIONSHIP: If you were forced to have dinner with one of these members, who would you choose?

• Swamp Donkey

• Swamp Queen

• Durty South Swamp

• dubster1

• BNAG8R

Results are only viewable after voting.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016

1. My main point is once you have someone highly interested in your program and you decide to recruit them in some far from home base place, the costs of recruiting someone else in that area are not that great. Once you are in CA, you can not be in South FL that day. It takes maybe 30 min to an hour to have a contact with an extra highly rated player. I would say the players UF spent the most resources on were in Southern CA, though UF did reportedly offer some Northern CA players.

2. According to the NCAA, "Not more than six off-campus contacts per PSA at any site."

https://www.ncaa.org/sites/default/files/2017-18DIREC_FootballGuide_20170719.pdf

So it is not like the old days when a coach could try to block the competition by trying to monopolize a player's time. I bet UF had all 6 allowed contacts with Dent and Stevenson.

3. You might be right on this and I was in that camp, but upon reflection I see little cost of recruiting a few far flung players.

4. I guess a better counter argument is the one that I make often about Meyer. If you take a player from CA another local player goes to FSU or Miami or in Stevenson's case to UGa giving UGa a possible long term in to STA. Also the time spent in CA could have been spent on building UF's bridges to Florida high schools. So there is that.

Last edited:

AnObfuscator

Lifetime Member
Nov 20, 2017
Well you prompted me to look at PSU's class as Cross seems to be waivering on FSU, he is a S who has visited UF and is taking a visit to PSU. Well their class already includes 5 DB with 2 of them listed at S. UF really needs a S and he has visited UF and is wavering on FSU, so I am hoping.

Holy crap, I was just wondering if there was any hope or shot we could take at Cross. Getting Elam/MAR/Moore and flipping Cross would make this class undeniably epic. Help at every position of need, massive infusion of talent, and maybe a top 3 finish.

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
Holy crap, I was just wondering if there was any hope or shot we could take at Cross. Getting Elam/MAR/Moore and flipping Cross would make this class undeniably epic. Help at every position of need, massive infusion of talent, and maybe a top 3 finish.
Cross has no interest in Florida. I also remember reading Florida started slow playing him due to his play senior year. But I mean this could also be wrong

AnObfuscator

Lifetime Member
Nov 20, 2017
Cross has no interest in Florida. I also remember reading Florida started slow playing him due to his play senior year. But I mean this could also be wrong

Ah, darn. It'd be great to get a safety, especially at the expense of FSU.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016

Yeah this raises the issue of what guys that visited before the early signing period are still unsigned despite being committed else where who might flip. A partial list includes:

1. Cross, S
2. Hampton, CB
3. Young, SDE
4. Pickering, DT

While some surprise flips in the past like Reggie McGrew have not taken an official to UF, but most like Derrick Chambers had. So I would look for any surprises from this list or any I missed on it.

5-Star Finger

Apex predator of the political forum biome
Lifetime Member
Nov 16, 2017

Gant seems like a more logical target as he's from Florida. Although he didn't go to school with our three from Lakeland you have to assume they probably played in the same junior league with him.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
Gant seems like a more logical target as he's from Florida. Although he didn't go to school with our three from Lakeland you have to assume they probably played in the same junior league with him.

I certainly thought Grant might be a possibility too since he did not sign. However it has not been reported that he made an official visit to UF or anyone else, He is reportedly scheduled for an FSU visit on 25 Jan. Perhaps this hints at grade issues or perhaps he is not talking about but planning or making other visits on the sly while committed to FSU still. This is one of those imponderable you can not know about recruiting.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
So ... sure got quiet on Moore.

Well UF has 3 crystal balls on Moore all of them yesterday. The other CB yesterday was a guy from an MSU site and that CB was confused. That makes perfect sense to me and is not that quiet.

He has been to AU and seems to have UF ahead of them immediately after the visit. He has not been to UTn nor has a visit listed who he calls his other top choice.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
Well UF has 3 crystal balls on Moore all of them yesterday. The other CB yesterday was a guy from an MSU site and that CB was confused. That makes perfect sense to me and is not that quiet.

He has been to AU and seems to have UF ahead of them immediately after the visit. He has not been to UTn nor has a visit listed who he calls his other top choice.

Went quiet with respect to hints and rumors that he was going to announce yesterday ...

leogator

May 5, 2018
Talking about FSU, their back up QB, Blackman, put his name in the transfer portal. I thought he played pretty well as a freshman.

Oh Zaquandre White a former 5* RB and 5* WR George Campbell have also entered the portal. Neither one of those 5* amounted to anything so no big loss.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Talking about FSU, their back up QB, Blackman, put his name in the transfer portal. I thought he played pretty well as a freshman.

Clown twitter has given up on legit recruiting news. They are hoping for a grad transfer guard who's only played 10 games in 2 years. That place is a complete disaster. Josh Newberg of Noles247 talked about Taggelwain's recruiting. He says the staff plans one thing but changes it a week later. Then changes that plan. It is utter chaos.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator