2019 SEC Media Days: Mullen up first

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Mullen is up first on Monday afternoon, UF is bringing Franks, Zuniga, and Perine.

SEC announces schedule for 2019 SEC Media Days

SEC announces schedule for 2019 SEC Media Days

The Southeastern Conference today announced its annual football media days will take place July 15-18, returning to the Hyatt Regency Birmingham - Wynfrey Hotel, which has hosted the event all but once since 2001.

A more detailed daily schedule with full television information, rotational breakdown and student-athletes attending will be available prior to the event.

The SEC Network and ESPN will once again be on site to bring the four-day event to a national audience. Only seven times since 1992 has the SEC Media Days predicted champion proceeded to win the SEC Championship, including three of the last five seasons. Last season was the first since 2009 where both SEC Championship Game participants were accurately predicted at the event. It was only the second time in history, and first since 1994, where both game participants and eventual champion were predicted correctly.

Names below are listed alphabetically by school and not an indicator of actual order of appearance. Daily rotations and times will be determined and released at a later date.

2019 SEC FOOTBALL MEDIA DAYS SCHEDULE

MONDAY, July 15
Florida - Dan Mullen
LSU - Ed Orgeron
Missouri - Barry Odom

TUESDAY, July 16
Georgia - Kirby Smart
Ole Miss - Matt Luke
Tennessee - Jeremy Pruitt
Texas A&M - Jimbo Fisher

WEDNESDAY, July 17
Alabama - Nick Saban
Arkansas - Chad Morris
Mississippi State - Joe Moorhead
South Carolina - Will Muschamp

THURSDAY, July 18
Auburn - Gus Malzahn
Kentucky - Mark Stoops
Vanderbilt - Derek Mason

SEC football media days 2019: Player attendees
The SEC announced the SEC football media days player attendee list prior to the event, and every team’s attendees are listed below:

Alabama, Wednesday, July 17 (9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.)
Jerry Jeudy, WR, Jr.
Dylan Moses, LB, Jr.
Tua Tagovailoa, QB, Jr.

Arkansas, Wednesday, July 17 (9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.)
McTelvin Agim, DL, Sr.
De’Jon Harris, LB, Sr.
Devwah Whaley, RB, Sr.

Auburn, Thursday, July 18 (9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.)
Derrick Brown, DT, Sr.
Marlon Davidson, DE, Sr.
Prince Tega Wanogho, OL, Sr.

Florida, Monday, July 15 (2:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m.)
Feleipe Franks, QB, Jr.
Lamical Perine, RB, Sr.
Jabari Zuniga, DL, Sr.

Georgia, Tuesday, July 16 (9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.)
Jake Fromm, QB, Jr.
J.R. Reed, DB, Sr.
Andrew Thomas, OL, Jr.

Kentucky, Thursday, July 18 (9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.)
Lynn Bowden Jr., ATH, Jr.
Kash Daniel, LB, Sr.
Logan Stenberg, OL, Sr.

LSU, Monday, July 15 (2:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m.)
Joe Burrow, QB, Sr.
Grant Delpit, DB, Jr.
Lloyd Cushenberry, C, Jr.

Ole Miss, Tuesday, July 16 (9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.)
Matt Corral, QB, Fr.
Alex Givens, OL, Sr.
MoMo Sanogo, LB, Jr.

Mississippi State, Wednesday, July 17 (1:30 p.m. to 5:30 p.m.)
Farrod Green, TE, Sr.
Erroll Thompson, LB, Jr.
Darryl Williams, C, Sr.

Missouri, Monday, July 15 (11:30 p.m. to 3:30 p.m.)
Kelly Bryant, QB, Sr.
Cale Garrett, LB, Sr.
DeMarkus Acy, CB, Sr.

South Carolina, Wednesday, July 17 (1:30 p.m. to 5:30 p.m.)
Jake Bentley, QB, Sr.
T.J. Brunson, LB, Sr.
Bryan Edwards, WR, Sr.

Tennessee, Tuesday, July 16 (1:30 p.m. to 5:30 p.m.)
Daniel Bituli, LB, Sr.
Jarrett Guarantano, QB, Jr.
Darrell Taylor, LB, Sr.

Texas A&M, Tuesday, July 16 (1:30 p.m. to 5:30 p.m.)
Kellen Mond, QB, Jr.
Justin Madubuike, DL, Jr.
Braden Mann, P, Sr.

Vanderbilt, Thursday, July 18 (9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.)
Kalija Lipscomb, WR, Sr.
Jared Pinkney, TE, Sr.
Ke’Shawn Vaughn, RB, Sr.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
This is from SDS, looks like Matt Corral will be the Ole Miss QB this year:

3. Any chance that Matt Corral wasn’t Ole Miss’ starting QB is gone
Speaking of teams showing confidence in their quarterbacks, how about Corral? The redshirt freshman is the only second-year player attending, and he hasn’t even officially been named the starter. The expectation was all offseason that he was going to be the guy, but a move like this confirms it.

There’s probably a hope that bringing him to Media Days will push him to continue to develop as a leader. That’s what this extremely young Ole Miss offense needs in the post-Jordan Ta’amu era. It’ll be interesting to see how Corral handles the spotlight.

The last we saw of him, he was fighting dudes in the end zone of the Egg Bowl. Needless to say, he might have to dial things back a bit.

But here’s hoping he’s in full Egg Bowl mode in Birmingham.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
This is from SDS, looks like Matt Corral will be the Ole Miss QB this year:

3. Any chance that Matt Corral wasn’t Ole Miss’ starting QB is gone
Speaking of teams showing confidence in their quarterbacks, how about Corral? The redshirt freshman is the only second-year player attending, and he hasn’t even officially been named the starter. The expectation was all offseason that he was going to be the guy, but a move like this confirms it.

There’s probably a hope that bringing him to Media Days will push him to continue to develop as a leader. That’s what this extremely young Ole Miss offense needs in the post-Jordan Ta’amu era. It’ll be interesting to see how Corral handles the spotlight.

The last we saw of him, he was fighting dudes in the end zone of the Egg Bowl. Needless to say, he might have to dial things back a bit.

But here’s hoping he’s in full Egg Bowl mode in Birmingham.

Yeah, that's the first thing that jumped out at me as well. I get likely starting him, just based on skill set vs the others. But you really want the guy who was initiating and leading a full on brawl in your last game to be the face of the program?

Solid move.

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
Will LSU be providing an interpreter for Coach O?

I live here and I can’t understand the guy.

Seems to be a trend at LSU…The Hatter spoke but Lord knows what it meant?

JDW

Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
What questions would you guys ask the players individually and Mullen if given the chance?

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
What questions would you guys ask the players individually and Mullen if given the chance?

How soon until the OL is up to speed?

Last edited:

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014

"Hi Jeawon, Donovan. Good to see you. Umm...so is it Mullen or Grantham in the picture? And follow up, can you narrow down 'farm animal' a little bit more? Thanks."

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Will LSU be providing an interpreter for Coach O?

I live here and I can’t understand the guy.

Seems to be a trend at LSU…The Hatter spoke but Lord knows what it meant?
Its a trend for sure. Sometimes you didnt even know what language Hatter was speaking. Im pretty sure Ogre just grunts.

That being said, weve had our own issues. Chump just glared and broke into coach speak:

We kept it close, won time of possession and didnwhat we needed to do to win, we just didnt win. They were in a 3 surface with a field pull and a double duck while we were in a man eagle with cover leverage game so we needed to rotate our Adam 5 tech to 3i and rotation outside leverage... Do you even know what a man eagle outside leverage is?

Butters just babbled nonsense:

You see, theres a lot of hurtin kids right now who played their tails off but it was a problem with our execution package not our install package kinda deal, you know what uh mean? Have I told you about dead fish? Some times the mustard just dont flow from the squeeze bottle kinda deal.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
When you gonna kick ass and take names?
maxresdefault.jpg

JDW

Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
"Hi Jeawon, Donovan. Good to see you. Umm...so is it Mullen or Grantham in the picture? And follow up, can you narrow down 'farm animal' a little bit more? Thanks."

Your mom goes to college

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Or English. Perhaps it was English w a farm animal .

Thick&ThinG8r

Lifetime Member
Aug 21, 2014
I think the media will give Frank's plenty of opportunities to stick his foot in his mouth on Monday. I'll see it as a step forward if he's not in the middle of some type of controversy by sunset.
If he is, we can only hope he plays better with a chip on his shoulder.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I think the media will give Frank's plenty of opportunities to stick his foot in his mouth on Monday. I'll see it as a step forward if he's not in the middle of some type of controversy by sunset.
If he is, we can only hope he plays better with a chip on his shoulder.

Ya think the nice reporters will bait him?

Gator4Life

Known as A Member.
Lifetime Member
Jun 15, 2018
I'd ask why they waste so much time on recruiting players from Cal the land of fruits,flakes and nuts while letting 4 star and 5 star players leave our state to play for teams that shouldn't even be in play for those type of players!! Isn't that the question everyone has been asking all offseason?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.