2019 Spring Game

BruceWayne

Dec 12, 2016
I'm not one of the board's pumpers. But I do think we are going to beat scUM by at least a couple TDs. I think we have a huge edge in talent and at least a little edge with cosching. I really hope Mullen puts the foot on the gas and we beat them as badly as we can. I really would die of happiness if we could drop like 50 or 60 on them and just humiliate them in front of the entire college football world.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I'm not one of the board's pumpers. But I do think we are going to beat scUM by at least a couple TDs. I think we have a huge edge in talent and at least a little edge with cosching. I really hope Mullen puts the foot on the gas and we beat them as badly as we can. I really would die of happiness if we could drop like 50 or 60 on them and just humiliate them in front of the entire college football world.

"Miami still has what is largely a young offense. Only four players return on offense who started a game for the Hurricanes in 2018 in the positions they are projected to play in 2019. None of those are on the offensive line. Several, including quarterback N’Kosi Perry, if he earned the starting job, were part-time starters last season."

For those of you who don't remember, Manny Diaz was Mullen's DC at Miss St. in 2010 and again in 2015. So, Dan should be plenty familiar with how to attack the Canes defense.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
For those of you who don't remember, Manny Diaz was Mullen's DC at Miss St. in 2010 and again in 2015. So, Dan should be plenty familiar with how to attack the Canes defense.

That works both ways. And while their O is young and will probably be in disarray, our OL will be very vulnerable to any DL with some talent and a DC who knows Mullen's O. I kinda think Mullen is going to run it down their throats and be aggressive with our OL. Attacking is what you do when you don't have the experience to react.

BruceWayne

Dec 12, 2016
My guess is N'Kosi Perry is going to have a really bad day vs our defense.

Spring game replay on right now on sec network

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
Yes we need to set the new (or old) Gator standard and the first step in doing so is to play very well against UM and as a result they get defeated. It would be great if a large UF crowd would be in attendance and cheering.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
FWIW, I've been catching the replay on WatchESPN. Though, only made it thru the 1st Quarter so far, but it IS available.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
:wag:.................Maybe you guys will be old one day........if you are lucky. Swampcast pod cast ..........I guess everyone cannot be as astute and brilliant as our resident podcaster.........:pe:
Good point, but I was shocked by the picture. They look as old as me and I was born when the Earth was still molten.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
I can tell you this. Being old and forgettng sh#t is a reality. Even stuff you know for sure will sometimes drop / drip out of your head. But in front of a camera can exacerbate it. Robbie and Pat have served me well over the years with their Sun writing and vanilla style. I really liked Bianchi when he wrote for the Sun, Stll like him. But since we are supposed to despise all three I guess I'm completely wrong. Everyone is a critic and the world is a column. And I like swimming against the tide...........
Don't worry about the negators. If they are lucky, they will get old some day.

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018

I am a Sunshine Pumper

IF and that's a big IF, our OL can develop depth early on...we will be well on our way.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
10-3, with bookend crushings of our In state rivals, and another thrashing of a Big Ten pud in a bowl game.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I'm waiting for someone to piece this all together.

How good are we?

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
I'm waiting for someone to piece this all together.

How good are we?

From this spring game we really can't tell. The QBs each made some great throws but against a suspect defense who knows how that would work out.

Our oline was actually holding quite a bit, but did not get flagged.

Only a live game against a decent opponent will tell.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
IF our O line comes together and STAYS healthy we can have an epic year...........but we play a LOT of name programs this year.
UT LSU Aub Miami FSU UGA along with Misery UK and USCe. At times that would be considered a murders row.........
Ten games this year or even 11 would be a damned good year two for Danny Millens.........

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
We have a whole lot more holes than OL. We are weak at DT, SDE, ILB and safety. All of our edge guys are weak vs run.

We will need a bunch of luck just to have a 3 loss season. Everyone has film now and knows which safeties are trash and how soft we are up the middle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.