2019 - The Year of Forums and the 2018 GCMB Year in Review

How would you grade Gatorchatter in 2018?

• A

Votes: 42 68.9%
  • B

Votes: 19 31.1%
  • C

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • D

• F

• Total voters

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
A

Love this place. Who woulda thought that a :brad: could have played such a role and one of the catalysts in getting us here. Ox knew where we needed to be and that was away from GSMB.

Would love to see the podcasts back. A weekly pre-game ananlysis and post game with interactive questions from the chatbox. Cover would be awesome to do that with.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
I would imagine bringing the podcast back and having guests like Dooley and The Bowl would drive up traffic by the 10s.

But seriously when you had guests on the podcast it was a lot of fun. Who wouldn't want to have Rog as a guest?

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
Great, you just publicly challenged 78 to post more asinine threads and/or start insane arguments with others in 2019. Fantastic.
Someone had to do it. I think 78 gets a few extra oxbucks here and there.....

RocketCityGator

In All Kinds of Weather
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Love this place. GC is my first stop and usually my only stop for what's going on in the Gator Nation. I come here multiple times per day. I rated a B for two reasons:

1. I wish the mods could or would keep the thread more on topic.
2. Why is the recruiting thread allowed to grow so long with only changing the thread title.

Comments in the spirit of improvement not derision.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Great, you just publicly challenged 78 to post more asinine threads and/or start insane arguments with others in 2019. Fantastic.
Good to know I occupy a rent-free space between those cute little girly ears.

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
There's certainly an argument that it keeps some people hanging around more than they would if it wasn't there, which leads to more pageviews, etc.

As for the posts, I only think the chatbox significantly effects game threads. 95% of the crap posted in there is just a stream of consciousness that I don't think most people would post, even in the Lounge.
100% true

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
Sort of a wild Idea but I remember a game like Monopoly but with a Gator theme. One with a Chatter theme might work. Probably not.

Gator-Don

The Master of Sparks and Fire
Lifetime Member
Jun 1, 2016
As long as we bring someone on who can translate
:grin:
I left my laptop open to here and when I came back in the room my wife was poking around.
She's always ben curious why I start laughing my ass off and such when reading the posts on here.

First question out of her was what does EABOD mean... and why do those two guys fu*k with each other like they do.

I told her that messing with folks heads, arguing, and being wrong most of the time - is half the fun.

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
I left my laptop open to here and when I came back in the room my wife was poking around.
She's always ben curious why I start laughing my ass off and such when reading the posts on here.

First question out of her was what does EABOD mean... and why do those two guys fu*k with each other like they do.

I told her that messing with folks heads, arguing, and being wrong most of the time - is half the fun.

Well then...
I’d probably steer her clear of my donkey reply in the Gatorchatter Expansion thread.

Tay Bang

I might have been mean to Byrd
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2018
There’s a bunch of commenters underneath any Gator Sports website story. There’s got to be a way of picking off those slapdick’s. They argue incessantly over even the most minor random detail pertaining to Gator sports. They would be perfect here. And none appear to be refugee-lawyers from Swamp Azz.

Musclepug

never go full retard
Lifetime Member
Aug 4, 2018
There’s a bunch of commenters underneath any Gator Sports website story. There’s got to be a way of picking off those slapdick’s. They argue incessantly over even the most minor random detail pertaining to Gator sports. They would be perfect here. And none appear to be refugee-lawyers from Swamp Azz.

Lol, those putzs would push us past 2 million

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Well, there's nothing stopping anyone from plugging the site in those comments. Unfortunately, they end up getting removed, but not before we get some hits.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb