Recruiting Transfer Portal - Stewart Reese shows up a year late, just like this title change

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
This. Trask is not an SEC caliber QB but he is a good kid who gives us his all. I think he is a good passer and is fairly accurate but I don't see him as a starter ever. I hope he scores some TDs in the 4th qtr of several games.
There is no evidence that he is not a SEC caliber QB, except for the fact he can’t keep from hurting himself every five minutes.

I wanted to see him get a shot.

Mornengswede

Lifetime Member
Dec 6, 2017

Bianchi gets way ahead of himself and jumps to conclusions. Why do the work of nailing down info from real sources when you can just run with your imagination? He’s never liked the journalism part of sports journalism. He’s basically a glorified message board poster. Hack.

Last edited:

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
There is no evidence that he is not a SEC caliber QB, except for the fact he can’t keep from hurting himself every five minutes.

I wanted to see him get a shot.

I would have liked to see what he could do also. I doubt he would make it as a starter. There is always a possibility he could blossom but if he cant stay healthy we probably wont ever know. He is a good kid that works hard and I hope he plays some.

AuggieDosta

I Don't Re Member
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
You may be correct...If not before...I would suspect this is true now.

But that still leaves you with FF...IF he stays another year...and if not? You have 2 QBs with playing time (One of those very little) and 2 TF

And yet, ( :) ) other teams successfully navigate a season w/a true freshman or a RS Freshman all the time.

Having said that, it's not what I would want and simply believe UF is a school that should never be caught in that situation because our standards are higher and we pay our coaches more so that they can properly recruit so as to never have us in that situation.

We've gotten close to being there in certain years and in certain position groups but we should NEVER be there for the QB position what with 3 statues out front.

But I think FF leaves after this year and whomever is left will be ready, willing and able thanks to CDM and Johnson.

leogator

May 5, 2018
Another possible transfer QB is OSU's Matthew Baldwin. His senior HS season he passed for 3845 yds, 71.8% completion rate, 44 TDs and 6 Ints. He also ran for 417 yds and another 9 TDs.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
Another possible transfer QB is OSU's Matthew Baldwin. His senior HS season he passed for 3845 yds, 71.8% completion rate, 44 TDs and 6 Ints. He also ran for 417 yds and another 9 TDs.
Possible as in he's in the portal or possible as in there's mutual interest?

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Possible because he's in the portal and he at least occasionally ran the ball in HS. Possible because Mullen and Meyer still talk.

I'd suspect Mullen would hold off until after this season to look into a grad transfer - mainly to see if Franks is leaving early. We'll go into 2019 w/ the 3 scholarship guys. Also, a grad transfer may not want to come w/ Franks entrenched this year. Now a regular transfer may see an opportunity and come aboard, especially if they have to sit out 2019.

leogator

May 5, 2018
I'd suspect Mullen would hold off until after this season to look into a grad transfer - mainly to see if Franks is leaving early. We'll go into 2019 w/ the 3 scholarship guys. Also, a grad transfer may not want to come w/ Franks entrenched this year. Now a regular transfer may see an opportunity and come aboard, especially if they have to sit out 2019.
Assuming that Trask does not transfer after this semester then we would want a QB that would sit out a year. FF is definitely leaving after this year assuming he has a good year and does not get injured.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016

What if Trask decides to leave as well, before the season? You think Mullen would bring one in then, if we only have 2 scholarship QB's on the roster?

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
What if Trask decides to leave as well, before the season? You think Mullen would bring one in then, if we only have 2 scholarship QB's on the roster?

I doubt any decent grad transfer would come knowing that Franks is the #1 and EJ is #2.

leogator

May 5, 2018
OSU had both Matthew Baldwin and Tate Martell leave after Fields transferred to them. They got 2 transfers in Chugonov and Gunnar Hoak from WVU and Kentucky respectively but they had to scramble.

FSU also had to scramble.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
Everyone is thinking FF leaves after this year and I am sitting over here thinking he might actually be a pretty smart kid who understands that he still has more to learn.

leogator

May 5, 2018
Everyone is thinking FF leaves after this year and I am sitting over here thinking he might actually be a pretty smart kid who understands that he still has more to learn.
Or he might want to make some money while learning. FF thought he was ready for the NFL this year so that will tell you where his mind is at.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
Or he might want to make some money while learning. FF thought he was ready for the NFL this year so that will tell you where his mind is at.

Screen_Shot_2018_11_10_at_1.23.11_PM.png

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Correct me if I'm wrong...
I don't follow this stuff closely. But what's different with the portal? You still have to sit out a year unless you're a grad, right? I don't see the change. How is the portal more advantageous to the players than the old system?

I wasn't referencing the portal specifically. Just the idea that we should allow kids to constantly transfer on a whim, especially with the "coaches do it" justification because once or twice a year some coach leaves a school completely unexpectedly(wasn't on the hot seat or subject of a dozen upgrade rumors) leaving players stuck with the next guy.

The more it happens, the more we're seeing waivers being granted and kids being allowed to become free agents with no consequence. I just think it's a slippery slope that encourages an already instant gratification mindset, and will eventually burn someone, including us.

Looks like there were other reasons in this case though, so consider my initial post moot.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016

The thing you clearly do not understand about football or recruiting is that while a transfer due to behavior may be a low probability even, ie 1 in 100 or something. Injury is a higher probability thing and there are many such things that make it wise to have 5 scholarship QBs. It is the whole of roster management that you reveal is beyond your ken.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.