Recruiting Transfer Portal - Stewart Reese shows up a year late, just like this title change

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
According to a few articles I've read, Shaq Smith doesn't want to be contacted as he already knows where he is going. He was expected to be the starter, but was still fighting for the job. I guess he thought he'd be better off transferring to a place that promises him the starting job. I highly doubt it is us, but I'd love to have him.

leogator

May 5, 2018
6 of LSU's 2018 signees are in the transfer portal:
Kelvin Joseph, Davin Cotton, Dominick Livingston, Zach Sheffer, Tae Provens, Dantreze Scott

LSU is cleaning house. I would not mind Kelvin Joseph. I thought we recruited him. We need safeties pretty bad.

Buckman2000

Oct 1, 2016
I wonder how many kids will be left in the portal without a team to go to. There are only so many spots to go around.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I wonder how many kids will be left in the portal without a team to go to. There are only so many spots to go around.
I don’t think they’ll be left homeless. You don’t automatically get your scholarship revoked because you entered the portal do you?

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
Whatever happened to that OT from Cowbell (or was it Ole Miss?) that several posters thought wanted to transfer to UF? Reese, right?

Thick&ThinG8r

Lifetime Member
Aug 21, 2014
I don’t think they’ll be left homeless. You don’t automatically get your scholarship revoked because you entered the portal do you?
It should be acceptable to go shopping in the portal, with that scholarship, but I'm sure only a few schools will.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Whatever happened to that OT from Cowbell (or was it Ole Miss?) that several posters thought wanted to transfer to UF? Reese, right?
sounds like he may have a class to finish his degree that isn't offered until fall

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014

True. Langham is technically still on the roster (I'm not sure if he's attending summer school or what, but he finished the semester). We have a few spots open, I'm sure they'd like to land a grad transfer OT or any DT/SDE regular transfer....but they're also being selective. Mullen has done a great job bringing in impact transfers.

Some of these D1 kids may end up at FCS or D2 schools. 240 kids still waiting is a bunch. That would mean every D1 school would have to take 2 each to clear the list. Miami already did their part!

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
True. Langham is technically still on the roster (I'm not sure if he's attending summer school or what, but he finished the semester). We have a few spots open, I'm sure they'd like to land a grad transfer OT or any DT/SDE regular transfer....but they're also being selective. Mullen has done a great job bringing in impact transfers.

Some of these D1 kids may end up at FCS or D2 schools. 240 kids still waiting is a bunch. That would mean every D1 school would have to take 2 each to clear the list. Miami already did their part!
The minute one of my players put his name in the portal, I’d yank his scholarship. He broke the contract, so he needs to hit the bricks. I don’t understand why that’s not happening all over right now.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
So, are we still thinking he comes?
If he still has a class to take in the fall, there's no point for this season. He's already burned a RS season and would have to sit out. Might as well play, take his class, and graduate. He can decided then if he wants to grand transfer or possibly go pro. There is still no certainty that this rumor is true, but that's the last i read.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
If he still has a class to take in the fall, there's no point for this season. He's already burned a RS season and would have to sit out. Might as well play, take his class, and graduate. He can decided then if he wants to grand transfer or possibly go pro. There is still no certainty that this rumor is true, but that's the last i read.
I was just busting balls, but have to admit I also did not read your post that closely. I saw the part about one more class, but not about it being in the fall.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator