Recruiting Transfer Portal - Stewart Reese shows up a year late, just like this title change

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
Trask has another year right? He'd be the 3rd stringer if he stays for final year.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Here's an interesting entry to the transfer portal:

True freshman OT Carter Colquitt, transferring from Ole Miss. He was a HS teammate at Buford (GA) HS with true freshman UF OG Riley Simonds. That Buford OL had 4 kids sign P5 scholarships, w/ one being a 5-star Center who signed w/ Ohio State. We offered this kid also (he had 21 offers). He was a mid level 3-star but missed most of his senior season of HS w/ a torn ACL, which caused his ranking to remain mid-3. Seems like a kid we could offer, but not sure if he'd get immediate eligibility. Also of note, the Ole Miss boards are expecting a mass exudes into the portal. They're not happy about losing this kid.

Carter Colquitt, 2019 Offensive tackle - Rivals.com

SGG

Call me Ernie, or Big Ern
Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2015
Here's an interesting entry to the transfer portal:

True freshman OT Carter Colquitt, transferring from Ole Miss. He was a HS teammate at Buford (GA) HS with true freshman UF OG Riley Simonds. That Buford OL had 4 kids sign P5 scholarships, w/ one being a 5-star Center who signed w/ Ohio State. We offered this kid also (he had 21 offers). He was a mid level 3-star but missed most of his senior season of HS w/ a torn ACL, which caused his ranking to remain mid-3. Seems like a kid we could offer, but not sure if he'd get immediate eligibility. Also of note, the Ole Miss boards are expecting a mass exudes into the portal. They're not happy about losing this kid.

Carter Colquitt, 2019 Offensive tackle - Rivals.com
This is one we should get.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
This is one we should get.

Here's what the rivals site says:

Potential landing spots: Louisville, NC State. Colquitt’s main recruiter at NC State, Dwayne Ledford, is now the offensive coordinator at Louisville. A reunion could be in the the cards for the pair, depending on how things shake out.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014

Oh, his ranking stinks. He was on a HS team that had 4 P5 signees. I think he's good, well coached, and SEC ready due to his background. But I'm not sure I'd take him, especially if he has to sit out. I just thought it was interesting, since we offered him out of HS and took one of his HS teammates.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Are we in "sift through the garbage" mode? Or are you guys just killing time?

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Are we in "sift through the garbage" mode? Or are you guys just killing time?

I hate it. But it's the new reality.

Robertson and Cager have combined for 57 catches and 7 TDs for uga this year. You could argue where they'd be without that production, specifically Cager.

This isn't the same as looking for a new starting QB from OrgSt/Purdue/etc every year. I'd prefer a more organic path to building a roster, but the portal(in addition to our recruiting issues) has killed that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator