2020 Best Purchase/Worst Purchase

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
What was your best and worst purchase of 2020 since you probably didn’t go out or see people as much?

BEST: sweatpants

WORST: lipstick and heels - what a freaking waste

Alumni Guy

Lifetime Member
Nov 7, 2015
Best: bought my first home!

Worst: roof repair, new a/c, Hurricane shutters, mold removal, curtains, paint, and on and on and on

home ownership ain’t cheap

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
Best: bought my first home!

Worst: roof repair, new a/c, Hurricane shutters, mold removal, curtains, paint, and on and on and on

home ownership ain’t cheap

Congrats - and so it begins. Hope that was all factored in when you bought it.

Alumni Guy

Lifetime Member
Nov 7, 2015
Congrats - and so it begins. Hope that was all factored in when you bought it.
Thanks: it’s very satisfying, and I did budget for the overages. Glad I did, pretty much hit the number.

While the wife has cheap taste in her spouses, she more than makes up for it in home furnishings.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Best:

1a) car for my wife that was a great out value and overall purchase.

1b) oddly enough an options purchase at 8pm on a Sunday night when Covid first officially wrecked things. The hit was brutal, but I would’ve woken up to about a 45k hole if I hadn’t bought them back when I did. So I’m ok with that one also.

Worst: tried Cox cable/internet again for some reason. They don’t even try at this point. On the bright side, I just whore myself out back and forth between them and ATT, one $200 gift card at a time.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Best: Bought a heavy duty canopy and a space heater for the back patio so we could still have friends over during COVID in the colder months.
Worst: Picked up a six pack of beer I was told I would like and it sucked. Still pisses me off!

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
No big purchases...instead I spent my time/money getting away. Went to Lake of the Ozarks multiple times where they never shut down or required masks/distancing or even talked about it...just the last bastion of freedom. Also took the family to Marco which has become an annual tradition. Typically travel a lot for work so it was nice to just go places for fun

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Best: 20" Stihl Farm Boss (except when the damn string broke!)

Worst: plane tickets to Aruba for June retirement celebration.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
No big purchases...instead I spent my time/money getting away. Went to Lake of the Ozarks multiple times where they never shut down or required masks/distancing or even talked about it...just the last bastion of freedom. Also took the family to Marco which has become an annual tradition. Typically travel a lot for work so it was nice to just go places for fun
My brother has a lake house in the Ozarks right across the cove from Big Dicks Half Way Inn - it's close enough to paddle board to.
__08acb0e5b65bcd45ce984b10141a233f_width-600.jpeg

And yes, I shot the minnow.

Edit: And hey @BMF, my brother just got back from Aruba. Sorry, they had a great time.

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
My brother has a lake house in the Ozarks right across the cove from Big Dicks Half Way Inn - it's close enough to paddle board to.
__08acb0e5b65bcd45ce984b10141a233f_width-600.jpeg

And yes, I shot the minnow.

Edit: And hey @BMF, my brother just got back from Aruba. Sorry, they had a great time.

My parents have a place there but not all that close to that place...always wanted to go there though

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator