2020 Best Purchase/Worst Purchase

B52G8rAC

SAC Trained Warrior
Lifetime Member
Feb 15, 2016
What was your best and worst purchase of 2020 since you probably didn’t go out or see people as much?

BEST: sweatpants

WORST: lipstick and heels - what a freaking waste
Law would take the lipstick and heels. Just sayin'

secgator

Lifetime Member
Aug 18, 2018
This isn't one of my best or worst, but I have a hunch everyone on this plane is thinking buying that ticket for THIS flight was their worst purchase ever.

And here is where 'some' of that engine landed.
-M04W49i

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
This isn't one of my best or worst, but I have a hunch everyone on this plane is thinking buying that ticket for THIS flight was their worst purchase ever.

That isnt actually on fire. That is just a jet engine doing jet engine stuff. Without the cover. Isnt running right do to weird airflow from the cover.

secgator

Lifetime Member
Aug 18, 2018
That isnt actually on fire. That is just a jet engine doing jet engine stuff. Without the cover. Isnt running right do to weird airflow from the cover.
Right....but point being the average passenger on that plane looks out their window, sees this sparkler going off and isn't gonna think rational. Majority going to be freaked and regretting they ever decided to buy a ticket and fly that day.;)

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Best Purchase:
1a - Gravely Z-Turn (used w/ low hrs); got a good deal and it cuts circles around my old John Deere
1b - Duluth Flex Fire Hose Work Pants; best pants I’ve ever bought (I’m a simple pleasures type guy)

Worst Purchase:
I really haven’t had one in a while. I pissed away enough money on BS when I was young and single. I usually only buy stuff I need that I’ve thoroughly researched and tried out, and when I’m sober.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Best: Finally got my low mileage H2! It runs like a Limo

Worst: Purchased some AM printer ink on Amazon, it's horrible!

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

Oh yea, that's not normal jet engine stuff, there is no exposed flame outside the core of the engine...

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Oh yea, that's not normal jet engine stuff, there is no exposed flame outside the core of the engine...
it isn't running quite right of course. it's vibrating badly.

Im guessing it still had most of it's thrust or they would have powered it down.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
Best purchase:
1a. Motion sensing LED lights for the garage. No more flipping a switch, or fumbling in the dark with your hands full. I have loved this to no end.
1b. Ring doorbell. Especially helpful when wife and I were still going to work and the kids were home alone. We've expanded with a Ring floodlight cam for the back deck (let the dog out!) and driveway (when the kids all play). Wife has loved this to no end.

Worst purchase:
1. GoPro Hero 8 Black. Constantly having connection issues with my two iPhones such that I *still* haven't been able to use it except for holding it in my hand to start/stop.

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
Best purchase:
1a. Motion sensing LED lights for the garage. No more flipping a switch, or fumbling in the dark with your hands full. I have loved this to no end.
1b. Ring doorbell. Especially helpful when wife and I were still going to work and the kids were home alone. We've expanded with a Ring floodlight cam for the back deck (let the dog out!) and driveway (when the kids all play). Wife has loved this to no end.

I can agree with the auto on lights. We bought some small hockey puck sized lights to put on the stairs as well as one on the bathroom floor for nighttime. It was a great purchase.

C6E1DE43-9315-465E-8DD4-57390CB8D6A1.jpeg

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
I can agree with the auto on lights. We bought some small hockey puck sized lights to put on the stairs as well as one on the bathroom floor for nighttime. It was a great purchase.

Aye, we did similar to those with some motion sensing night lights in bathrooms and near the stairs. Costco was great for 2 or 3 packs.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
2020 sierra and another AR10 build were the best.

Didn't really have a bad purchase to be honest but I don't really pay attention to my wife's amazon history. Just makes for an easier marriage that way :lol:

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
2020 sierra and another AR10 build were the best.

Didn't really have a bad purchase to be honest but I don't really pay attention to my wife's amazon history. Just makes for an easier marriage that way :lol:

I imagine the Amazon drivers must’ve start each day saying, “After soflagator’s house, what does our route look like today?”

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.