Warning: Political Takes 2020 College Football: the “season” has officially started

Should Sec go after other conferences teams that are disgusted?

• Yes

Votes: 29 46.0%
  • No

Votes: 26 41.3%
  • Maybe if it's Ohio St, Michigan or Usc

Votes: 8 12.7%

• Total voters

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Messenger is the first person you shoot.
giphy.gif

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
We've got plane tickets to go to the Ole Miss game and have planned on going since it was announced like 7-8 years ago. Just play that game. I don't care about the rest.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
There's no effing way this crappy virus can survive and thrive in the hot-as-balls summer.

The early Summer, or lack of true Spring, definitely helps. But with the step-ahead approach that we've seen thus far, I don't think we make it past May 1 before these ideas start being seriously examined. Again, just the litigious society we live in. Not to mention the perception of schools moving on and focusing on a "game". Look at the heat Spurrier took when he thought the ut game should go on as scheduled 4 days after attacks a thousand miles away.

I can tell you that I was informed of the Spring cancel on Mar 6, just over six weeks prior to it being played. That was one game, with literally nothing but speculation at the time. Your're talking about an entirely different animal logistically with a 12 game season. So again, if this is still raging at all by the beginning of May--mostly northern areas(schools) or not--it will be looked at. And I'd say a decision would be reached by middle May to early June.

As I said, I don't necessarily think that will happen. But our clock is ticking, and in the wrong direction.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
The early Summer, or lack of true Spring, definitely helps. But with the step-ahead approach that we've seen thus far, I don't think we make it past May 1 before these ideas start being seriously examined. Again, just the litigious society we live in. Not to mention the perception of schools moving on and focusing on a "game". Look at the heat Spurrier took when he thought the ut game should go on as scheduled 4 days after attacks a thousand miles away.

I can tell you that I was informed of the Spring cancel on Mar 6, just over six weeks prior to it being played. That was one game, with literally nothing but speculation at the time. Your're talking about an entirely different animal logistically with a 12 game season. So again, if this is still raging at all by the beginning of May--mostly northern areas(schools) or not--it will be looked at. And I'd say a decision would be reached by middle May to early June.

As I said, I don't necessarily think that will happen. But our clock is ticking, and in the wrong direction.
I disagree with you. Even the pussified section of our country draws the line at cancelling football season. I'm dead serious, the people will rise up if this happens.

Enough is enough, we need to get back to real life and stop acting like Europeans.

Back Alley Gator

Lifetime Member
Jul 16, 2018
I disagree with you. Even the pussified section of our country draws the line at cancelling football season. I'm dead serious, the people will rise up if this happens.

Enough is enough, we need to get back to real life and stop acting like Europeans.

I wish i shared your optimism. I really do. Unfortunately we are a nation of pussies now. Its just how it is.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I wish i shared your optimism. I really do. Unfortunately we are a nation of pussies now. Its just how it is.
You should talk to oxking. He is absolutely furious about all of this. He can't believe what Americans have become.

He even told off a Pete-supporting liberal in the neighborhood the other day while on his walk. :lol:

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014

Ftr, I think the NFL is probably safe because they're considered professional adults(plus you know they'll be sweating financially). But as was pointed out above, it's not about football. It's about school. As of now, there's no real timetable on UF students returning to campus. If they can't be there, they can't condition and practice. No one is going to sign off on that exposure. And again, we're not there, or even close, yet. But if this is hysteria is still in place 6 weeks from now, it's gonna be something that's looked at.

As for being a weak society, I have to say I myself have probably been a little too shaken up about all this. But then I received multiple generic emails from business partners explaining that they were there for me during this difficult time and I could continue to count on their support. I don't know. It's just reinvigorated me.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
I’m deeply imbedded in healthcare. This is a ****ing nightmare.
My work place is in a typical suburban office park and as you might imagine the parking lots have all been pretty empty for the last week or so. All but one. The building housing a bio tech firm. Their place looks like a normal weekday. I felt sorry for them and proud of them all at the same time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.