Warning: Political Takes 2020 College Football: the “season” has officially started

Should Sec go after other conferences teams that are disgusted?

• Yes

Votes: 29 46.0%
  • No

Votes: 26 41.3%
  • Maybe if it's Ohio St, Michigan or Usc

Votes: 8 12.7%

• Total voters

g8tr76

Lifetime Member
Mar 28, 2016
Colleges must play football if for no other reasons than to allow the players to move on in their eligibility. I know its a small issue and I doubt the ncaa will deny another year of eligibility for C-flu season cancelations, but scholarship limits, incoming freshman class size and others will need to be addressed. Moreover, with loss of football revenue to colleges, what is the impact on Title IX? College sports for some worthy competitors may only be a pipe-dream if some form of normalcy does not occur. Things were so much simpler in the days of Freshman Football

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
B10 is allowing their schools to continue to use the 20-hours/week for practice, game prep, etc:

20 hour rule:
Wisconsin AD Barry Alvarez said late this afternoon that teams will “get to stay on a 20-hour week” in the Fall for workouts.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
If there is no football this year, will Bama and UCF both claim to be National Champs? Will Swonkers complain that we didn't win any games?
youre kidding right? we have people already claiming a moral victory over Shart and a virtual championship.

we were going to have an offensive and defensive explosion this year and kick in the door at Atlanta unless we actually play. then the interruptions are the reason we didn't win.

no one can win with this many interruptions.

Last edited:

Sec14Gator

Lifetime Member
Oct 8, 2017
B10 is allowing their schools to continue to use the 20-hours/week for practice, game prep, etc:

20 hour rule:
Wisconsin AD Barry Alvarez said late this afternoon that teams will “get to stay on a 20-hour week” in the Fall for workouts.

I’d love to hear the safety difference between being around 100 of your own team and other students in closed gyms all semester vs being on the field with 11 other people outside. Even assuming the Rona reallly requires this level of concern or protection, keeping 20 hr/week practices but no games is unjustifiable on a risk-reward and cost-benefit analysis.

gator1946

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
There's so much of this that doesn't make sense, I don't know where to start.

1. Coaches, many approaching the at risk age category. What about them.
2. Big Ugglies: Fat guys are at higher risk. Anybody know how much higher. Bueller? Bueller?
3. Don't send me back to the hood there's nothing for me there. I thought your primary purpose was to get an education and stick around campus :bwahaha:
4. We want to play but want have the revenue. Good fricking luck with that.

It just goes on and on.

I have no idea what the rest of the conferences are going to do or how they're going to rationalize it. But whatever it, is play or don't play, it will make no sense.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
1. Coaches, many approaching the at risk age category. What about them.

2. Big Ugglies: Fat guys are at higher risk. Anybody know how much higher. Bueller? Bueller?
Not just any biggy but biggies w health problems, hypertensions, diabetes, copd, coronary disease, etc. None of our players are those guys.

Maybe Chokin Dwag, and we can definitely afford to lose him.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
No proof? Didn't think so. :shakehead:

TOP1044_1.jpg
Paint it on the wall.

MissouriGator

Aug 30, 2014
The decision has already been made. GatorTruth133 makes some valid points, as do many, but a premise based on logic will be disregarded by the hysterical minds that are pulling the reigns.
The question now becomes, how do we move forward with college football? And that question is the impetus of the SEC at this point. But it is my opinion that they will fold.
Maybe it's time to discuss how things will play out without college football in 2020.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
The decision has already been made. GatorTruth133 makes some valid points, as do many, but a premise based on logic will be disregarded by the hysterical minds that are pulling the reigns.
The question now becomes, how do we move forward with college football? And that question is the impetus of the SEC at this point. But it is my opinion that they will fold.
Maybe it's time to discuss how things will play out without college football in 2020.
if it doesn't affect soccer then it doesn't affect football.

everytime I look at a TV screen lately those poofers are running around chasing balls.

Last edited:

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
If an otherwise healthy player were to actually catch Covid their chance of dying from it is less than their chance of dying from the anesthesia they would need if they tore up a knee and needed an operation.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
If an otherwise healthy player were to actually catch Covid their chance of dying from it is less than their chance of dying from the anesthesia they would need if they tore up a knee and needed an operation.
you don't understand #SCIENCE

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator