Warning: Political Takes 2020 College Football: the “season” has officially started

Should Sec go after other conferences teams that are disgusted?

• Yes

Votes: 29 46.0%
  • No

Votes: 26 41.3%
  • Maybe if it's Ohio St, Michigan or Usc

Votes: 8 12.7%

• Total voters

JDW

Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
Yeah they’re gonna keep doing that...they’re planning on having a season over spoke with the ticket office 2/3 times in the past month and they’re saying it’s all a go

CU-UF

Meh
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Good read, shows how there should be a commissioner of college football for the big conferences. I dont know if he wasnt quote-worthy or just kept his mouth shut (what I think) but Sankey was only quoted once in the article. No need to provide speculative fodder to the media. The timing sounds right about practices potentially starting on July 15th which is the deadline that UF has announced for publishing their plans for the Fall.

Still overall positive that there is going to be some type of season in the fall.

QueenCityGator

University of Florida Alumnus
Aug 12, 2014
Good read, shows how there should be a commissioner of college football for the big conferences. I dont know if he wasnt quote-worthy or just kept his mouth shut (what I think) but Sankey was only quoted once in the article. No need to provide speculative fodder to the media. The timing sounds right about practices potentially starting on July 15th which is the deadline that UF has announced for publishing their plans for the Fall.

Still overall positive that there is going to be some type of season in the fall.
I think nearly all teams are going to go to camp to start the season on time (even the Cali teams). The only exceptions may be BC or Northwestern b/c they are close to major hotspots (thankfully no college football in NYC).
The question is are all teams going to have a complete camp/season. There will be at least one team that has one player/coach test positive for the virus. Then what happens? I'd assume two week quarantine for the entire team at a minimum.
I bet teams are going to end this season with varying amount of games completed.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
@CFBKings: Tiers of SEC teams heading into the 2020 CFB season. (via cfbblitz/IG)

:lmao2: uh huh.

we lost most of our offense, still are tring to run the option w Kyle Trash, and lost our blitzers in our blitz or die offense.

off season Volesheimers is strong in this one.

we re going to have an offensive explosion, kick in the door at Atlanta, etc etc.

seems so familiar. like every third year for a new coach.

unfortunately, last year was likely the highwater mark for this coach.

Last edited:

Larry Horn

Banned
BANNED
May 14, 2020
Will the 2020 college football season be canceled? Coaches, ADs weigh possibility and impact

In my humble opinion, it’s still way too soon to make a decision. Who knows what the pandemic will be like in September? Hopefully by summer this is under control, and teams will be able to practice. Then, if necessary, play without crowds (and cancel games if really necessary).

Name and town if you wish to opine.
From what I here they are voting for the 1st or 15th of June. I'd do 15th. Get that extra two weeks of caution.

QueenCityGator

University of Florida Alumnus
Aug 12, 2014
It took me a couple minutes to figure out what school was next to USCe...what the hell is that?!? Is that Ole Miss’ new logo? As Charles Barkley would say, that’s turrible.
I agree. I don't know what that line is halfway through the logo. Is that supposed to separate the somewhat dumb part of Mississippi from the really dumb part of Mississippi?

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
I agree. I don't know what that line is halfway through the logo. Is that supposed to separate the somewhat dumb part of Mississippi from the really dumb part of Mississippi?
Yeah, it appears that you and Swonkey have a point. A cell phone study was done to see which states had their citizens staying at home. Turns out Mississippi was the absolute worst. Our citizens were running around all over the place. Dumb rednecks. Dumb as some posters on this board who don't believe in this lockdown baloney. @Swamp Donkey

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member

During the 1918 pandemic, fans evidently put on their masks and soldiered through. The Ghosts of Football Past are looking down at us now.

tenor.gif

That generation and the one that followed went and fought and won two world wars and survived an economic depression of epic proportion.

This current generation all need to be sized for a lifetime supply of Kotex from birth and get offended if you address them with personal pronouns, and would likely ban football.

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
Dooley is a fat twat. Once a vaccine is available, it will be business as usual.

Perhaps not, but if a lot of regular fans don't return some of us who would not go due to the expense and crowds will. I think that the press box should be converted to suites with one for the game announcers, the rest should be available to groups.

Mr. SEC

A Very Impatient Grown Up
BANNED
Aug 1, 2014
Perhaps not, but if a lot of regular fans don't return some of us who would not go due to the expense and crowds will. I think that the press box should be converted to suites with one for the game announcers, the rest should be available to groups.
Your likely college football future. There will be at least 3 asterisk seasons, no fans in the stands. Also, each week it will be a game time decision, which players can compete, based upon test results. In the case of 3 or more positive players, expect the whole team to be out. As testing is far from being completely foolproof or robust, so far, too many false positives and false negatives. 3 or more positives on a team, you will not know who precisely is shedding virus. There are 14 SEC teams, figure 25,000 to 75,000 season holders for each conference team. That is over half a million people paying $1500 and up for the costs of a season. I have for years. You need to balance being optimistic with realistic. Next 3 years will be different. This game means too much to too many, it will be back. But it won't be the same in the short term. If I have an expertise, it is this. It is what I studied, and I worked in this industry for 37 years.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.