2020 Heisman Trophy candidates: Kyle Trask

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I don't know why it's so far fetched for him to be a Heisman candidate next year. His stats this year are through 9.25 games. His you give the full year with those numbers it would be close to 3400 yards and 34 touchdowns. If he improves next year , I think it's pretty doable.

5-Star Finger

Apex predator of the political forum biome
Lifetime Member
Nov 16, 2017
Well, for one he could adapt the run game and quit hardheadedly clinging to the option game w fvkking Kyle Trash on the field.

This. I think we need some balance in the league we play in - not that I don't love to sling it, because I do. For this to happen in addition to the line tacking a huge step forward (everything from the center out to the right was a disaster) as well as getting the TEs to at least get in someone's way, I hope Mullen looks at what teams do with two backs. I having Toney or Copeland motion from the slot into the back field and running the read with them and a running back makes much more sense than having Trask be the run threat. Leave the other stuff in for EJ and AR but give Trask some modified formations to work with. I think it could be absolutely lethal.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
This. I think we need some balance in the league we play in - not that I don't love to sling it, because I do.
Why? Because ild ass Comcrete style coaches it?

Running the option w Trash are absolutely waste plays and just out us in 3rd and 7.

Even Mullen apparently figured it out and admitted to Jordan Rogers that the running plays just arent working.

The SEC, including Bammer are just terrible vs the pass. You shouldnt stop passing unless the stop you.

Yards are yards and points are points.

We score way more points passing the ball even w an averagish OL than we would playing ball control option football. With our fvkking bend and break defense, we need the points.

You may have not noticed but the moron onnthe bayou is going intonthe CFP ranked #1 w a team that throws the ball around and cant run for shyt either.

Of course he didnt spend the first 9 games of the season bullheadedly trying to establish the run first.

Last edited:

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
I don't know why it's so far fetched for him to be a Heisman candidate next year. His stats this year are through 9.25 games. His you give the full year with those numbers it would be close to 3400 yards and 34 touchdowns. If he improves next year , I think it's pretty doable.
And it makes you wonder if Kyle actually was a Heisman candidate (finishing in the top four or so ) does he get the the name Trask from one of our pious, poisonous, picayune, playful and pusillanimous posters. btw I fully expect his reply to be Pfttttt...

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Has he said he’s coming back? Was really wanting him to go pro. Tired of him having his one great game a year against us.
You think it matters? After watching Grantham make second stringers and Dee 2 players look great for years?

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015

Running the option w Trash are absolutely waste plays and just out us in 3rd and 7.

Even Mullen apparently figured it out and admitted to Jordan Rogers that the running plays just arent working.

The SEC, including Bammer are just terrible vs the pass. You shouldnt stop passing unless the stop you.

We score way more points passing the ball even w an averagish OL than we would playing ball control option football. With our fvkking bend and break defense, we need the points
Bend and break? Need the points? Our defense ranks eighth nationality, less than a field goal and an extra point behind top ranked Clemson (which, you probably didn't know, plays in the ACC). We all wish it could have shut down UGA and LSU, but stay somewhere close to reality.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

We score way more points passing the ball even w an averagish OL than we would playing ball control option football. With our fvkking bend and break defense, we need the points.

You may have not noticed but the moron onnthe bayou is going intonthe CFP ranked #1 w a team that throws the ball around and cant run for shyt either.

Of course he didnt spend the first 9 games of the season bullheadedly trying to establish the run first.
His name is Trask....sir

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
). We all wish it could have shut down UGA and LSU, but stay somewhere close to reality.
Shutdown Dwags and Corndwags? They could have left their fvkking ounter at home.

That Dwagchoker you swordswallowing manage to force once fvkking punt per game. They could have just let Burrow pooch kick.

I dont give a fvkk how he dominates directional schools.

5-Star Finger

Apex predator of the political forum biome
Lifetime Member
Nov 16, 2017

I'm basically on the same page with you. But it gets a lot tougher in the red zone to pass if the defense doesn't have a least a bit of fear of the run.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I'm basically on the same page with you. But it gets a lot tougher in the red zone to pass if the defense doesn't have a least a bit of fear of the run.
It is rougher to try to score running the spread in the redzone, yes.

Cum and Lil Nick were commenting before the NC game that Scam won. Saban said the problem with the spread is there's nothing to do in the red zone. CUM said that's why you switch to the single wing power there.

that philosophy hasn't changed, but trash this is particularly good as a running QB. He did score several on the ground though, but our philosophy is what our philosophy is. it isn't going to change.

Last edited:

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Well, for one he could adapt the run game and quit hardheadedly clinging to the option game w fvkking Kyle Trash on the field.

But not likely.

or he could just throw the ball from the outset like you did the last came or two and stop wasting the first three quarters of the game trying to establish the option run.

But not likely.
Broken record is broken.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
It is rougher to try to score running the spread in the redzone, yes.

Cum and Lil Nick were commenting before the NC game that Scam won. Saban said the problem with the spread is there's nothing to do in the red zone. CUM said that's why you switch to the single wing power there.

that philosophy hasn't changed, but trash this is particularly good as a running QB. He did score several on the ground though, but our philosophy is what our philosophy is. it isn't going to change.

You inspired me to look. We ranked fifth in red zone offense in Mullen’s final year, 2008, and slipped all the way to 93rd the following year under Daz.

Now here’s a real oddity. We climbed from 123rd in 2016 to flipping fifth in 2017 with Franks leading the charge.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Broken record is broken.
Nothing has changed and people keep saying the same stupid shyt.

hope you enjoy watching LSU in the playoffs. I'm sure you'll be wondering why they didn't bother to establish the run.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
You inspired me to look. We ranked fifth in red zone offense in Mullen’s final year, 2008, and slipped all the way to 93rd the following year under Daz.

Now here’s a real oddity. We climbed from 123rd in 2016 to flipping fifth in 2017 with Franks leading the charge.
Giraffe power better than Smurf power? Why is that odd?

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
Blackman is a really out there suggestion. I don’t care how good Mike Norvell’s offense is; no QB can throw the ball if they are constantly running for their life. Unless they pull off something great out of the portal, their O-line will be even worse than this year. And when you throw in Akers being gone, I just can’t see it.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Nothing has changed and people keep saying the same stupid shyt.

hope you enjoy watching LSU in the playoffs. I'm sure you'll be wondering why they didn't bother to establish the run.
I've asked before. What game are all these option runs in?
You are so ****ing full of shyt.
So please enlighten us. Which games are we spending three quarters trying to establish the option run?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.