2020 Heisman Trophy candidates: Kyle Trask

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Trask poised for a huge breakout year in 2020 in our drive for the Playoffs next season.

Himey

Founding Member
Super Important Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Can we ask Kyle Trask's dad to go to seminary school in the off-season?

PastyStoole

Founding Member
Man, there's no boundary line to art. ~Bird Parker
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Can we ask Kyle Trask's dad to go to seminary school in the off-season?
He's already a graduate of the Assemblies of God Theological Seminary, and while not the lead pastor at his church, he's the campus ministry head of his church.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
We don't know that because in most of those cases the correct read is pass. I suspect you may be right, that Trash is being told don't run unless you see this or that out of the cover guy.

It was a game in mid November. I didn't criticize the playcalling in FSU (other than just not being aggressive in the 2nd half). We had developed away from what we were doing in Sept and Oct which was mostly wasting first or second down on options runs.

It was surprising to me that we had that many RPOs or RPO looks. I didn't remember that we only pass blocked a handful of times. Of course, that was a pretty bad half for Trash mostly because he rarely had time. Run blocking ( a necessity because it is a RUN pass option, as Meyer said, or at least a RPO look if you are currect those are called passes) does not result in as much time for the QB.
Yeah, admittedly I'm not looking at the blocking I look at the mesh. Earlier in the season the play actions were just straight up called runs/pass. Later it looks like Mullinz started to throw in more plays with a read look. However, I don't think Trask was actually being asked to make a decision because... he just doesn't look like he's deciding on the fly. Almost as if Mullinz is getting Trask comfortable with the concept but not actually asking him to do it.
And then maybe in the 4th quarter (particularly against Georgia) Mulinz just says "fcvk it" and drops the ruse. Too lazy to check it out but I get your point.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Why? Because ild ass Comcrete style coaches it?

Running the option w Trash are absolutely waste plays and just out us in 3rd and 7.
Buddy you need to lay off the bottle a bit....I'm genuinely concerned with your ability to form complete and comprehendible sentences over the last year or so.
Anyway let me help you make your point a little better. Yes the majority of our running plays ARE inside option and YES they are a f vcking disaster when Trask is in the game because no one on the defense respects his ability to keep.....the other reason is the Offensive line is either being coached wrong or just doesn't listen to their coach.

We would almost be better off going empty sets and throwing the **** out of the ball which we did later in the season or using traditional play action(against man coverage) ON 1ST DOWN and using more toss sweeps or plays designed to go wide after the wideout's have cleared taking their defenders downfield.....

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
He is a possibility, but a much improved oline would be a requirement and growth in the remaining receivers.

Woodstork

Dec 19, 2019
Love Trask! He is a great Gator, fun to watch and easy to pull for. Would be a great story, but he won’t sniff NY if Florida’s not in CFP contention.

He also may not beat out EJ this summer, or at least end up sharing more snaps in prime time. A dual QB system isn’t winning anyone a Heisman. And, Kyle was not bitten by game-missing injuries, showing a durability few of us expected. Hopefully injuries are behind him for good. Big wildcard but a real concern given his history.

So, I won’t bet even a 6-pack of cheap beer he’d win it, but would certainly buy a round of the good stuff if he does.

GatorTruth133

Alethea
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2017
QB Kyle Trask, Sr. Florida
Trask was better than you think, stepping in and throwing for over 2,600 yards with 24 scores and just six picks.

Almost identical to Franks in his first year starting for Mullen in 2018. Except Franks had a running game to help take some of the pressure off.

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The difference is - we hoped Franks wouldn't turn the ball over every play and we felt confident on a 3rd and 10 that Trask would complete the pass.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
The difference is - we hoped Franks wouldn't turn the ball over every play and we felt confident on a 3rd and 10 that Trask would complete the pass.
Seems to me that Trask was much more turnover prone than Franks. Hell, it took him about 5 games to learn to hold onto it when sacked.

Gatorup!

Nov 14, 2016
He's a legitimate candidate but doubtful winner because he can't win games with his legs the way most top college QBs can.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.