2020 Heisman Trophy candidates: Kyle Trask

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Seems to me that Trask was much more turnover prone than Franks. Hell, it took him about 5 games to learn to hold onto it when sacked.
He hadn't played since fvkking middle school.

It's amazing he didn't hyperventilate when they called his number.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
Seems to me that Trask was much more turnover prone than Franks. Hell, it took him about 5 games to learn to hold onto it when sacked.

That tends to happen when you have only started 8 games in your lifetime.

Pablos Tunnel

Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2017
I don't know why it's so far fetched for him to be a Heisman candidate next year. His stats this year are through 9.25 games. His you give the full year with those numbers it would be close to 3400 yards and 34 touchdowns. If he improves next year , I think it's pretty doable.
Anything is possible.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
I know but folks seem to forget how bad it was for a time.
Folks tend to focus on how well he handled the learning curve. He got noticeably better every week for a while. Still tried to sling one into double or triple coverage or shorted a deep ball but his improvement - especially considering his starting point - was amazing.

JDW

Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
Folks tend to focus on how well he handled the learning curve. He got noticeably better every week for a while. Still tried to sling one into double or triple coverage or shorted a deep ball but his improvement - especially considering his starting point - was amazing.

This can’t be stressed enough...ppl clamoring for Emory to start are just too impatient for their own good...he needs to be worked in and will have 1-2 seasons all on his own...we need to appreciate Trask while we can and hope that his legend and story just continue to grow...he’s one of my favorite gators since Tebow because he’s ALL GATOR there is no quit and there is no wavering in his loyalty...we owe him the same in kind

G8trwood

Lifetime Member
Nov 29, 2015
This ^

After Trask’s performance this year, the real CDM will be readily apparent and answer our questions in 2020 :)

Merry Christmas and Go Gators

Woodstork

Dec 19, 2019
Clamor or not, Dan wants to run the option. Period.

He does. And this makes Trask’s success even more impressive. Think about what he’s overcome. “Hey Kyle, you haven’t started since middle school. You weren’t recruited by any of the coaches in this league, including your own. In fact, you can’t remotely run your coach’s favorite RPO plays his entire offensive philosophy is founded upon. This is, among other reasons, due to the fact that your feet are like glass slippers, with or without pads. Oh, by the way, your line is the second worst we’ve had in 30 years. Here’s the ball, now make us proud.” Boom!!! Who saw that coming?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator