Recruiting 2020 Recruiting Thread: Gervon Dexter gets 5th Star on Rivals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
dyaeqtn.jpg

Robinson is the 2nd ranked recruiter in the country so far. With around 18 more commitments available he’s pretty much guaranteed to finish top 5.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Saw this the other day, kid looks like the REAL DEAL!!

He had a great camp. He was being sh*t on by a lot of posters on other message boards as "the floor" for this class - some were calling him the Trent Whittemore of the class. I think this kid grows into a 260-270lb SDE and makes a big impact. I think because he's a "white boy" he's getting short changed and is going really hard in these camps to prove himself. We need to see him do it in games this fall, but just by his camps he'll move up to a 4-star.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
He had a great camp. He was being sh*t on by a lot of posters on other message boards as "the floor" for this class - some were calling him the Trent Whittemore of the class. I think this kid grows into a 260-270lb SDE and makes a big impact. I think because he's a "white boy" he's getting short changed and is going really hard in these camps to prove himself. We need to see him do it in games this fall, but just by his camps he'll move up to a 4-star.
Hopefully he'll be a "white boy" in the mold of JJ Watt!

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
The Florida Gators 2021 class has already gotten off to a fast start, and grew by one more on Wednesday when Melbourne (Fla.) Eau Gaillie athlete Dink Jackson committed to the Gators. The in-state athlete, was offered by the Gators earlier this year as a linebacker and didn't take long to give the coaches at UF the good news that he would be pulling the trigger.

"[My head coach] Coach Sands talked to Coach [Greg] Knox this morning. He said Coach [Dan] Mullen was fired up about it."

The 6-foot-2, 185-pounder is a rising Sophomore and already holds over a dozen offers currently from schools like Alabama, Baylor, Florida State, Miami, LSU, and many others. However, it was his childhood love for the in-state Gators that was too much to pass on.

There's a 2021 thread.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014

He's apparently grown a bit since his last measurables and says he's 6'5 230lbs. He can easily get to SDE size. He's got a motor and appears to have great work ethic. I'm not going to say he'll be all-SEC, but he certainly looks like he'll make an impact (starter/rotation player). I want to see some of his game film vs. quality opponents this fall.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014

Reading the 1010XL article on Griffis, he says that Grantham told him he'd be an OLB in this system:

“I talk to (Mullen) a lot and Coach Grantham a lot,” Griffis said. “I went up there last weekend and Coach Grantham sat me down in the meeting room and he showed me what position they would have me playing, outside linebacker, standing up on the end.

“He showed the scheme they run and all the techniques with the pass rush that they teach linebackers to do.”

What type of player are the Gators getting in Griffis?

“With me they’re going to get a player that is aggressive and fast,” Griffis said. “That’s what I like to base my game off of. I think to be a good football player you have to be aggressive because that’s what I’ve always been taught.

“Speed and aggression, that’s what they will get from me.”

Class of 2020 Florida commit Josh Griffis about to soar up recruiting rankings

Mr2Bits

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
I like Griffis a lot, I saw where someone said he should go to Bama and he replied nope....Im good and then some Gator fans saying he deserved to be ranked higher and his reply was "But I like being a 3*"!

Kid gets it and will be the Black (well technically white) champion of the class!

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
I like Griffis a lot, I saw where someone said he should go to Bama and he replied nope....Im good and then some Gator fans saying he deserved to be ranked higher and his reply was "But I like being a 3*"!

Kid gets it and will be the Black (well technically white) champion of the class!

It's on page 46 in this thread:

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Later in the thread it says he has a cracked vertebrae n quit football entirely

Wow, just saw that. The twitter thread was speculating it was a personality issue.

Here's the USC 247 story:

South Carolina releases statement from Muschamp on Belk

"After talking with Josh Belk, he has decided to give up the game. He is a fine young man and we wish him the best," Muschamp said.

Belk told vizorsports.com that he was leaving the team because of a back injury: “I fractured a vertebrae and decided to choose another path in life. One that won’t potentially mess me up in the long run with injuries and all. Been praying and this is what God has led me to.”

JDW

Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
I wouldn’t have seen it if I didn’t keep reading...but either way it was an interesting read

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator