Sep 8, 2014
This is former UF OT Jason Odom's son, just offered by FSU:

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
What category of qb does Franks fall under? And Chris leak? They certainly aren’t dual threat or run heavy qbs so I’ll go ahead and eliminate those categories for you.
Franks is a great runner :shakehead:
3.2 yards per carry and 7 rushing TD's :grin:

;)

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
Franks is a great runner :shakehead:
3.2 yards per carry and 7 rushing TD's :grin:

;)
Yes, but is he a willing runner?
Seriously, on the YPC don’t they subtract yards lost for sacks? Also he seemed like something clicked over the last 3.5 games and ran much better than he had up to that point.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Yes, but is he a willing runner?
Seriously, on the YPC don’t they subtract yards lost for sacks? Also he seemed like something clicked over the last 3.5 games and ran much better than he had up to that point.

Yes, sack yards are factored into rushing stats in college football (not the NFL).

Yes, "something clicked" since the Missouri blowout loss....I'm guessing Mullen decided to let him run. Franks was a different QB in those last 4 games - passing, and especially running. He definitely turned a corner. He looked like complete ass vs. UGA and Missouri. In fact, he was so bad he was about to get the hook - then Trask got injured. He should thank his lucky stars Trask got injured or he wouldn't have made the next start.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Yes, "something clicked" since the Missouri blowout loss....I'm guessing Mullen decided to let him run.
I don't think the play calling changed. I think FF just started running angry.

He should thank his lucky stars Trask got injured or he wouldn't have made the next start.
Yeah, Mullinz interviews were pretty clear he was playing FF, regardless of what the Trash Truthers think.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
I liked that Mullen was at least threatening to play Trask because I think it woke Franks up.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Can someobe provide a quote of Mullen even hinting of benching Franks for Trask?

Didn’t think so cause it never happened.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
Can someobe provide a quote of Mullen even hinting of benching Franks for Trask?

I think it was more that everyone perceived that he would and it put pressure on Franks. I don't think he ever actually said it.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member

Please MJ, I don't want to become known as an obe, but why else would Franks step on Trask's foot?

Last edited:

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
DWIGHT MCGLOTHERN
CORNERBACK
6'1'' 166 LBS

""

There's a 7v7 team from Texas playing in a tournament in Orlando this weekend. The whole team is stopping by Gainesville to visit UF. There's a 5-star and two 4-stars on the team. I'm not sure we're in contention for any of them, but it's good to hear they are visiting. Gives us exposure.

McGlothern - 2020 CB (5-star)
Keonte Jenkins - 2020 CB (4-star)
Xavion Alford - 2020 Safety (high 3-star)
Latrell Neville - 2021 WR

JDW

Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
Yeah but is this good with Manuel commiting? We already have a top guy I understand the two birds analogy whittles down top flight talent when ppl are worried about being outshined

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah but is this good with Manuel commiting? We already have a top guy I understand the two birds analogy whittles down top flight talent when ppl are worried about being outshined
We’ll be replacing Jefferson, Cleveland, Hammond, Swain, and Toney (I think), and possibly Grimes

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
At the WR position, Oklahoma has two 5* and a high 4* in their 2019 class. The fear of being out shined didn't seem to deter any of them from committing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member