Recruiting 2020 Recruiting Thread: Gervon Dexter gets 5th Star on Rivals

Status
Not open for further replies.

JDW

Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
All those guys did nothing for their stock in the draft either...and we can’t make the excuse about the “letdown” after UGA...so it’s a non-starter to try the “what-ifs” about them having all their guys

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
We kind of made Michigan disinterested. It was a tight game in the first half.
I don't disagree, but before the game even started there seemed to be more energy on the Florida sideline. It probably helped that it seemed there were a lot more Florida fans in stadium. I can't help but wonder if/how many of their veteran players were thinking back to the game at Jerry World the year before and thinking all they had to do was show up.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
The idea that we didnt compete is dumb. We didnt compete 2 years ago vs uga. We competed last year.

I usually celebrate TDs. If the game was already out of hand I probably didn't.

Recruiting is very important. I just dont think its black and white . On top of that, we hired a guy who has made coaching a higher priority than recruiting. So do we just ***** about it? Or do we support the new coach?
Just watched the UGA game. Don't think I had seen it last year. Much more competitive than I had thought from the final score.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Anyone know our chances with Kendall Dennis?

I don't think the staff wants him, which is shocking considering they took Graham & Johnson. He's probably being kept on the backburner because we're going after a couple of others (Robinson, Pouncey and a few others). He's probably heading to Auburn, Miami, or maybe Tennessee. Graham is probably going to be a ST's player and I'm fine w/ that, but Johnson is a reach.

Musclepug

never go full retard
Lifetime Member
Aug 4, 2018
Mark Wheeler (@InsideTheGators) tweeted at 2:21 PM on Mon, Jul 22, 2019:
The updated ESPN300 has nine Florida commits

#28 DE Antwaun Powell
#42 DL Gervon Dexter
#112 WR Jaquavion Fraziars
#117 WR Leonard Manuel
#140 DB Jahari Rogers
#178 DL Johnnie Brown
#189 QB Anthony Richardson
#192 LB Derek Wingo
#296 TE Jeremiah Johnson

ESPN300 has been updated | Inside the Gators
()

JDW

Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
I don't think the staff wants him, which is shocking considering they took Graham & Johnson. He's probably being kept on the backburner because we're going after a couple of others (Robinson, Pouncey and a few others). He's probably heading to Auburn, Miami, or maybe Tennessee. Graham is probably going to be a ST's player and I'm fine w/ that, but Johnson is a reach.

So we’re out of it for Gray then? I think it’s good Robinson is coming for FNL but idk how we’re not gonna take 4-5 DBs at a min this cycle

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
So we’re out of it for Gray then? I think it’s good Robinson is coming for FNL but idk how we’re not gonna take 4-5 DBs at a min this cycle

I don't think Henry Gray is interested in us, but he'd be a solid pick up for whoever lands him. He was leaning Clemson, but they seem to have backed off as they don't have a big need at CB (although they just lost one to a transfer).

Malaka

Sep 6, 2018
Just watched the UGA game. Don't think I had seen it last year. Much more competitive than I had thought from the final score.

We couldn't handle the losses of Henderson and Stewart on top of an already lost Wilson from our secondary.

Despite that we were in the game until well into the 4th before the wheels came off. Funny how some here will say Michigan wasn't a good win because so many players were out but we are just supposed to win with our third string or else it means we suck.

Mullen outschemed Georgia in the first half but the moment was too big for the players and a couple of key screw ups kept Georgia in the game when we should have built a lead. Its been beaten like a dead horse but people still want to act like we weren't competitive to fit their narrative

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I still find it mind boggling that we lost so grossly to Missouri?? I don't think Mullen will be taken by surprise a second time.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
FNL is coming up this Friday.

Here's a list of 2020 kids attending:

4-star ILB Derek Wingo (UF commit)
4-star OT Marcus Dumervil
4-star QB Anthony Richardson (UF commit)
4-star WR Jaquavion Fraziars (UF commit)
4-star CB Jahari Rogers (UF Commit)
4-star RB Keyvone Lee
4-star RB Michael Drennen
3-star TE Jonathan Odom (UF commit)
4-star WR Leonard Manuel (UF commit)
3-star OG Richie Leonard (UF Commit)
3-star OT Gerald Mincey (UF commit)
4-star DT Gervon Dexter (UF commit)
3-star S Rashad Torrence (UF commit)
3-star S Tre'Vez Johnson (UF commit)
4-star CB Avery Helm (UF commit)
4-star CB Jahquez Robinson (Alabama commit)
3-star WR Kentron Poitier

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Lots of 2021 kids attending:

5-star DE Dylan Brooks
3-star RB Brashard Smith
4-star WR Trevonte Rucker
4-star DT Diante Shepard
4-star QB Carlos Del Rio
4-star ATH Xavian Sorey