Recruiting 2020 Recruiting Thread: Gervon Dexter gets 5th Star on Rivals

Status
Not open for further replies.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Well expect 2021 4 Star dB Lamar wilcoxson to recommit to Florida this weekend. As well as 2021 4 Star qb Carlos Del Rio.

Keyvone Lee I believe they want to take a look at in person. He’s blossomed to almost 220 lbs. see how he moves with that weight before the green light is given.

I said this in another thread, but now that Oklahoma, Alabama, Ohio State, Michigan, ND, A&M, and a few other have 2021 QB commits the dominoes have started to fall. Del Rio isn't elite, but he's a good fit. Hopefully they'll green light him and let him commit. I think Vandergriff was the top QB, but he gone.

NWFL GATOR

Nov 12, 2017
I haven’t seen an FNL list posted here so I stole this from another site....

Big recruiting weekend upcoming for UF with FNL. Seems this is always when we start to uncover some names in future classes, players we have not heard of before, etc.

It will be interesting to see what overlap if any there is with Florida States "Saturday Night Live" which is scheduled the next day. Personally, hoping that SNL is laugh-out-loud funny ;)

Visitors confirmed so far...Commits in bold

FNL
- QB Anthony Richardson
- QB Carlos Del Rio (2021) - some chatter he may commit soon, maybe even this weekend. Would be great to have a QB in the fold to help build the next class. That said in an interview back in May he was talking this fall/winter to give time for more visits. we shall see!
- QB Caden Miller (2022)
- QB Gunnar Smith (2022) - apparently had a good showing at NDs camp last month
- QB Terian Williams (2022) - has been working on catching the attention of UF coaches for a while now, and after camping last month received an offer. according to his twitter bio, is also a great student - 3.8 GPA and 1300 SAT
- RB Keyvonne Lee - I would love to see us get back in the mix here with this former commit. It happened with AR, why not with Lee?
- RB Mike Drennen
- RB Miles Friday - From Cardinal Gibbons (Bogle/Mincey) and lists some impressive offers even though he is unranked. Anyone know the story here?
- RB Isaiah Gordon (2022)
- TE Jonathan Odom
- WR Jaquavion Fraziars

- WR Brashard Smith (2021)- 5'8" from Palmetto...seems to be taking off from a recruiting perspective.
- WR Damien Alford (2021) - 6'5" moved from Canada. Considering that we are talking about a 17 year old, he may be a TE when all is said and done
- WR Semaj James (21)
- OL Richie Leonard
- OL Marcus Dumervil (coming with his father)
- OL Gerald Mincey
- OL Austin Barber (2021)
- DL Gervon Dexter
- DL Leonard Taylor (2021) - also of Miami Palmetto - big time recruit 4/5 star type - in next year's class.
- DL Savion Collins (2021 Miami commit - teammate of Brashard Smith from Palmetto)
- DL Brandon Cleveland (2022 - Tyrie Cleveland's cousin)
- DE Keanu Koht (2021) - another unranked guy, but camped with Miami in June and received an offer that day
- DE August Salvati (2021)
- LB Derek Wingo (Visiting Thursday through Sunday)
- CB Jahquez Robinson
- CB Avery Helm (visiting Thursday through Sunday)
- CB Adrian Brown - unranked from Pahokee
- CB Terrion Arnold (2021) - unranked from Tallahassee; broke his ankle the first game of last season so really lim
- CB Corey Collier (2021) - also of Miami Palmetto, big CB recruit for next year
- CB Jordan Young (2021)
- CB Kamar Wilcoxson (2021), who has been tweeting a lot of pro-UF content recently
- CB Mumu Bin-Wahad (2022)
- S Rashad Torrence
- S Trevez Johnson

- S Jason Marshall (2021)
Ath Kamonte Grimes

SNL (UF Targets)
-Trevonte Rucker
-Morven Joseph
-Sav'ell Smalls
-Bryce Langston
-Jahquez Robinson
-Brashard Smith
-Caziah Hoilmes
-Corey Collier
- Leonard Taylor

Something in the water at Miami Palmetto, or do they just do a better job of getting exposure for their guys?

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
I haven’t seen an FNL list posted here so I stole this from another site....

Big recruiting weekend upcoming for UF with FNL. Seems this is always when we start to uncover some names in future classes, players we have not heard of before, etc.

It will be interesting to see what overlap if any there is with Florida States "Saturday Night Live" which is scheduled the next day. Personally, hoping that SNL is laugh-out-loud funny ;)

Visitors confirmed so far...Commits in bold

FNL
- QB Anthony Richardson
- QB Carlos Del Rio (2021) - some chatter he may commit soon, maybe even this weekend. Would be great to have a QB in the fold to help build the next class. That said in an interview back in May he was talking this fall/winter to give time for more visits. we shall see!
- QB Caden Miller (2022)
- QB Gunnar Smith (2022) - apparently had a good showing at NDs camp last month
- QB Terian Williams (2022) - has been working on catching the attention of UF coaches for a while now, and after camping last month received an offer. according to his twitter bio, is also a great student - 3.8 GPA and 1300 SAT
- RB Keyvonne Lee - I would love to see us get back in the mix here with this former commit. It happened with AR, why not with Lee?
- RB Mike Drennen
- RB Miles Friday - From Cardinal Gibbons (Bogle/Mincey) and lists some impressive offers even though he is unranked. Anyone know the story here?
- RB Isaiah Gordon (2022)
- TE Jonathan Odom
- WR Jaquavion Fraziars

- WR Brashard Smith (2021)- 5'8" from Palmetto...seems to be taking off from a recruiting perspective.
- WR Damien Alford (2021) - 6'5" moved from Canada. Considering that we are talking about a 17 year old, he may be a TE when all is said and done
- WR Semaj James (21)
- OL Richie Leonard
- OL Marcus Dumervil (coming with his father)
- OL Gerald Mincey
- OL Austin Barber (2021)
- DL Gervon Dexter
- DL Leonard Taylor (2021) - also of Miami Palmetto - big time recruit 4/5 star type - in next year's class.
- DL Savion Collins (2021 Miami commit - teammate of Brashard Smith from Palmetto)
- DL Brandon Cleveland (2022 - Tyrie Cleveland's cousin)
- DE Keanu Koht (2021) - another unranked guy, but camped with Miami in June and received an offer that day
- DE August Salvati (2021)
- LB Derek Wingo (Visiting Thursday through Sunday)
- CB Jahquez Robinson
- CB Avery Helm (visiting Thursday through Sunday)
- CB Adrian Brown - unranked from Pahokee
- CB Terrion Arnold (2021) - unranked from Tallahassee; broke his ankle the first game of last season so really lim
- CB Corey Collier (2021) - also of Miami Palmetto, big CB recruit for next year
- CB Jordan Young (2021)
- CB Kamar Wilcoxson (2021), who has been tweeting a lot of pro-UF content recently
- CB Mumu Bin-Wahad (2022)
- S Rashad Torrence
- S Trevez Johnson

- S Jason Marshall (2021)
Ath Kamonte Grimes

SNL (UF Targets)
-Trevonte Rucker
-Morven Joseph
-Sav'ell Smalls
-Bryce Langston
-Jahquez Robinson
-Brashard Smith
-Caziah Hoilmes
-Corey Collier
- Leonard Taylor

Something in the water at Miami Palmetto, or do they just do a better job of getting exposure for their guys?

It's on page 283....but this is a good list also. Bring all the info you can get.

Mr2Bits

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Since ESPN did their updates yesterday, 247 updated their composite today:

2020 Top Football Recruits
The disparity between ESPN and 247 on players like AR and Manuel show the UGA affect on their stupid site. I think ESPN had AR like 20 spots ahead of Beck and 247 has him trailing Beck by like 200 spots

leogator

May 5, 2018
So Arian Smith just jumped like 350 spots to #28 nationally on 247 and was just CB to Georgia? Hmmmmm...there was rending of clothes and wailing on 247 Gator forum. I have looked at his highlights from last year and I see a great DB/free safety but not a great receiver (granted his defensive highlights outnumber his offensive highlights). Now he does have a legitimate laser timed 10.3/100m but 28 overall?

JDW

Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
According to Stampini he did great at the 7v7 and track events...and apparently his HUDL is excellent but I can’t see how they justify moving him up that far without actual additional football play involved in the new rating...then again he did get CBd to UGly and we all know that song and dance...I mean he’ll look at what happens when a 2* commits to FSU...it’s appalling how the rating systems are compiled by biased ppl and bagman ethics

Last edited:

leogator

May 5, 2018
According to stamping he did great at the 7v7 and track events...and apparently his HUDL is excellent but I can’t see how they justify moving him up that far without actual additional football play involved in the new rating...then again he did get CBd to UGly and we all know that song and dance...I mean he’ll look at what happens when a 2* commits to FSU...it’s appalling how the rating systems are compiled by biased ppl and bagman ethics
His hudl on the offensive side of the ball is not that great as far as traditional WR plays are concerned. He does have some endarounds and wildcat plays and RB plays but I really did not see anything that says wow! His defensive plays on the other hand, particularly on that play where he puts on the afterburners to catch the guy from 50 yards out...I just did not see enough WR plays to justify the high ranking. If it is purely on potential I can see that.

lizardbreath

Nov 5, 2016
According to stamping he did great at the 7v7 and track events...and apparently his HUDL is excellent but I can’t see how they justify moving him up that far without actual additional football play involved in the new rating...then again he did get CBd to UGly and we all know that song and dance...I mean he’ll look at what happens when a 2* commits to FSU...it’s appalling how the rating systems are compiled by biased ppl and bagman ethics

Promoting a particular program, at the expense of players that aren't interested in the school that is being "promoted," is despicable - not that those who choose to do it care about the injustice of their actions. It really is getting harder to take anything at face value anymore. "Fans," like that dot.com character for the holes and the gaggle of dwags who are apparently using 24/7 as a propaganda tool, lack the personal integrity to adhere to any standard other than that which serves their own goals and purposes. Truly for them, it matters not how you play the game, but whether you win or lose.

JDW

Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
Regardless of the “potential” the bias is despicable as you said and I have no faith in any ranking system that is placed in human hands anymore

leogator

May 5, 2018
Promoting a particular program, at the expense of players that aren't interested in the school that is being "promoted," is despicable - not that those who choose to do it care about the injustice of their actions. It really is getting harder to take anything at face value anymore. "Fans," like that dot.com character for the holes and the gaggle of dwags who are apparently using 24/7 as a propaganda tool, lack the personal integrity to adhere to any standard other than that which serves their own goals and purposes. Truly for them, it matters not how you play the game, but whether you win or lose.
They have people of influence on both the Rivals and 247 networks. 247 is just more audacious.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
According to Stampini he did great at the 7v7 and track events...and apparently his HUDL is excellent but I can’t see how they justify moving him up that far without actual additional football play involved in the new rating...then again he did get CBd to UGly and we all know that song and dance...I mean he’ll look at what happens when a 2* commits to FSU...it’s appalling how the rating systems are compiled by biased ppl and bagman ethics
There is of course a down side to what they are doing. If a coach keeps signing top classes, that in reality are vastly overrated, the fan base may lose patience with him more quickly, as he’ll have no excuse for not being highly successful. Imagine if Kirby fails to win the East this season and has 2-3 losses. Assuming it wasn’t because of a rash of injuries, even the most ardent dwag fans will start to wonder if Kirby really is the right guy and not Richt 2.0. Where it could a benefit a coach is in a case like Willie ‘s where, for a little while, it can help mask the dumpster fire.

lizardbreath

Nov 5, 2016
There is of course a down side to what they are doing. If a coach keeps signing top classes, that in reality are vastly overrated, the fan base may lose patience with him more quickly, as he’ll have no excuse for not being highly successful. Imagine if Kirby fails to win the East this season and has 2-3 losses. Assuming it wasn’t because of a rash of injuries, even the most ardent dwag fans will start to wonder if Kirby really is the right guy and not Richt 2.0. Where it could a benefit a coach is in a case like WiLLLLLLLie ‘s where, for a little while, it can help mask the dumpster fire.
The scenario you describe is the textbook definition of poetic justice. I like your thinking here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.