Status
Not open for further replies.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Word I'm getting through Intel is Henderson, Avantae Williams, and Tim Smith are all solid.....never once has this Intel failed me for what its worth .

Just a reminder, it's not just Smith. Hope you're right though

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Xzavier Henderson, 2020 Wide Receiver - Rivals.com Gator CBs. Obviously, we should win this.

Avantae Williams, 2020 Safety - Rivals.com former commit, I buy this.

Timothy Smith, 2020 Defensive tackle - Rivals.com I feel like we've been down the "flip a Bammer" path so many times, and it's always tears, but here's hoping.

That would have us in the #5 range with 15 bluechippers, a little bottom heavy with the low 4 stars, but assuming the top 4 classes are all around 19 or so, it's at least within striking distance.

Last edited:

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
I believe it. I knew Xavier Carter - ran track against him (and I mean on the same track, not in competition with him). Really nice guy. Went to LSU but don’t know what happened to him. Fast dude.

That game against PB is the only one I remember vividly. Our WR came across the middle and RFN hit him square in the gut. Had to airlift him. Ruptured something. That was a bad team and program. I hear Cocoa has assumed that role in Brevard County with Rockledge popping up every now and then.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
look I get it. I'm ecstatic that we have Wingo. I was high on him before he committed and before I even was aware that we were actively recruiting him. He's a huge get. The most talented linebacker we've had for a while. he's one of the three stars of this class so far.

that being said for a while we've just missed that inside presence. and intimidator like Spikes (a generational talent I know) or Crowder, that guy that punishes the running backs and makes them want wish for less carries or a breather on the sidelines.

if he doesn't transition to inside backer I'm sure we will see him starring on the edge. he's just a very talented kid.

that being said, I'd really like to see one or two of those guys every year and a second inside backer in this class. I just don't see another future inside backer on a roster or commit list right now.

(yes I remember that vosean could hit. But he certainly was not an intimidator. Mostly teams laughed at him watching him miss holes more often than not. maybe he could have been that guy if he had learned that we had both the weight room and play book.)

Last edited:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I was mehhhh when Mo Jo left/was invited out of the class.

as far as I know he was a rush player all along. I'm really not sure what you're seeing that has changed.

we've obviously got lots of room still so whatever.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
As a novice (at best) in reviewing film, I’m glad I saw what you describe here. That first play was impressive - starting at ILB, streaks across the field Through traffic to make a behind LOS tackle on a RB with a head start. He makes some impressive plays with his hand in the dirt too - probably why we like him. Lots of flexibility depending on how he reacts to weight. My fear is that he’s another dude we try to grow into a DL. If the plan is LB - fantastic.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
Great info and makes a lot of sense. Hope he pans out at LB. Would love to get back to a dominant LB core with a nasty DL and playmakers in the secondary. Understand that scenario is ideal but we had it for more than a decade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb