Probably at his high school or on campus when he visits
giphy.gif

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
So uh seems like the coaches weren’t ready to take his commitment. No official word from Florida yet and insiders say they weren’t expecting it nor wanted to accept it

Maybe he just wants that UGA offer

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
So uh seems like the coaches weren’t ready to take his commitment. No official word from Florida yet and insiders say they weren’t expecting it nor wanted to accept it

Why wouldn’t we want a 4* WR? I thought DM wants big WRs?

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
What if this kid grows another inch or two? before he gets here?

EuroGator

Founding Member
Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
He's big, but even in his highlights, I don't see great talent or even appropriate high-pointing high passes. When there's opportunity to go up and get the pass over the DB, he's not really getting up.

I see why the coaches wouldn't be thrilled to get him.

Still, best of luck to him.

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
Like ltraz suggested he is recruited as a tight end not a WR. Mullen has accepted his committment so he’s in. Moves Florida ahead of FSU in the rankings by 15 points now. 6th overall with 6 4 stars and 1 3

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Like ltraz suggested he is recruited as a tight end not a WR. Mullen has accepted his committment so he’s in. Moves Florida ahead of FSU in the rankings by 15 points now. 6th overall with 6 4 stars and 1 3

For a TE, he's a solid prospect....not so much as a WR. However, he could be used like Pitts (in the slot, more WR than TE) - but the kid brags about his blocking in the 247 write up. I'm curious if we offer/sign a 2nd TE in this class (Odom's kid).

Now we need to add another DT!!

5-Star Finger

Apex predator of the political forum biome
Lifetime Member
Nov 16, 2017
For a TE, he's a solid prospect....not so much as a WR. However, he could be used like Pitts (in the slot, more WR than TE) - but the kid brags about his blocking in the 247 write up. I'm curious if we offer/sign a 2nd TE in this class (Odom's kid).

Now we need to add another DT!!

I like Odom's kid as an inline TE, but I also like two TE sets where you have one guy that is more inline and then one that is more like a Tony Gonzalez type tweener. Do you treat it like 11 and play the nickle? Run blocking advantage Offense. Do you go to a 3-4 or 4-3? Now you've most likely got a LB responsible for the hybrid TE that has a height and speed advantage on him. If he's a take I hope we take Odom too.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
I like Odom's kid as an inline TE, but I also like two TE sets where you have one guy that is more inline and then one that is more like a Tony Gonzalez type tweener. Do you treat it like 11 and play the nickle? Run blocking advantage Offense. Do you go to a 3-4 or 4-3? Now you've most likely got a LB responsible for the hybrid TE that has a height and speed advantage on him. If he's a take I hope we take Odom too.

TOS is reporting we will very likely take a second TE - Odom seems to be the consensus, but he just released a "top 11" including LSU. So who knows. I don't get too excited about TE's, I want 4-star OL's or DT's.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
JJ's highlights are odd in that nearly all passes to this 6'7" WR are thrown waist high. But that's on the QB. Johnson had to catch it where it was thrown. A very accurate & smart QB (EJ?) will take advantage by lofting the ball high for a surer completion. At the very least, such a tall, big WR opens extended opportunities in our passing game, could even "bail out" a QB, at times.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Is that just one highlight..

I'm not sure there's going to be a lot of highlights for this kid. Of the 6 quarters of Clinch County football I've watched from the 2018 season, it was run, run, run. On occasion, when the defense would stack the box, they'd throw it to a wide open Johnson. It was flashbacks to Tom Osborne football.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Along w/ McGregor, we hosted several more recruits on campus for today's practice including:

2020 Miami commit SDE Samuel Anaele, 4-star from Carol City. Several 2021 kids too; 3 from Seffner Armwood HS - Desmond Watson, Agiye Hall, and QB Cam'ron Ramson.

UF commit Jaqauvian Fraziers was in attendance as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.