Recruiting 2020 Recruiting Thread: Gervon Dexter gets 5th Star on Rivals

Status
Not open for further replies.

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Pretty sure Bryan and his father were some of the more outspoken as to how bad the S&C program was here and got outside training

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
In my experience, SEAL workouts wouldn’t add weight. Not much anyway. Most don’t look a whole lot different than the average fitness buff. What separates them is mental toughness - and that difference is enormous.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
RB target Jahmyr Gibbs had another great game as Dalton (Ga) HS defeated Creekview (a playoff team last year) in a region game 42 - 19. Gibbs carried the ball 22 times for 315 yards! For second week in a row he scored 6 TDs. These are like video game numbers.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
My understanding is that Carson Beck does not have much talent around him. But, he had another poor game.

Carson Beck: 15-32, 176 yards, 1 td, 1 int.

The tds and ints could be wrong. This was all that was listed in the news article I found.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
My understanding is that Carson Beck does not have much talent around him. But, he had another poor game.

Carson Beck: 15-32, 176 yards, 1 td, 1 int.

The tds and ints could be wrong. This was all that was listed in the news article I found.

I find that hard to believe (lack of talent around him). It may not be a bunch of future college football players, but Mandarin won the state championship last year.

lizardbreath

Nov 5, 2016
Certainly the most delusional. It's my fault, I keep coming to look at this thread, should know better by now.

This team is 13-3 under new management, has beaten Tennessee, LSU, FSU, Miami, Michigan, and now one of the teams it lost to last year, several of those wins in blowout fashion. And all many on this board can do is point to the fact that those teams are down, or disinterested, or had players sitting out, or they're just life champions.

People love to point out how recruiting class needs to be re-ranked after failures/defections, but ignore that Grimes, Jefferson, Greenard, others are effectively part of those recruiting classes and not part of the ranking.

Recruiting obviously needs to get better, but anybody who has ever sold a product understands that you have to have a product to sell. You can only sell so much snake oil... people eventually figure that out. The kids we're trying to recruit were seven years old the last time this team did anything of significance. Wait, watch, enjoy... as this team gets better, and more importantly puts points on the board, recruiting will improve. No amount of effort, focus, or art of the deal is going to sell a truly crappy product. Just enjoy some freaking football for God's sake.
Well said. Bravo.

NoGaGator

Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2014
This is the week HBO is shooting a behind the scenes look at UF's program. They're one of 4 schools in the country picked for this. Don't think it'll approach Hard Knocks but it could be sweet for recruiting efforts. I wonder also if there are any recruits who commit during the shoot, if allowed. I think it airs a couple of days after this weekend's game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.