Recruiting 2020 Recruiting Thread: Gervon Dexter gets 5th Star on Rivals

Status
Not open for further replies.

BadowGator

The Chuckler
Sep 16, 2016

I truly do appreciate the non bias posts like this. I don’t visit other boards so this is great information. They essentially upgraded our “flip”. Makes you wonder if it really was a processed recruit. Either way I believe we got an extremely talented secondary playmaker.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
I truly do appreciate the non bias posts like this. I don’t visit other boards so this is great information. They essentially upgraded our “flip”. Makes you wonder if it really was a processed recruit. Either way I believe we got an extremely talented secondary playmaker.

There's a huge difference between a 4.45-4.5 and a 4.65-4.7. Athletically, McDaniel is a top 150 player. He's the kind of guy who could be drafted in the top 10 as a safety. Slaughter will never, ever go in the early rounds of the draft because he simply lacks the burst and speed. That is the difference between the two. In the immediate, Slaughter is better because he is more polished. But, he doesn't have the speed to deal with a Copeland, Jeudy, Ruggs...ect. Which do you prefer UF to have?

BadowGator

The Chuckler
Sep 16, 2016
McDaniel's offer list: Bammer, dwags, corndog, meatchicken, domers, okie, wisky, pedo st.
Slaughter's offer list: Zona St, Miss St, da ewe, Ark. St, Boise, Buffalo, Campbell, UAB

I think it's safe to assume 247 has him rated more accurately. Slaughter looks like a butters special.
Ok ok. I retract. But it is interesting to see how their fan base can construe the flip and claim it as a processed recruit with slaughter in the bag. I suspect we’d do the same here.

BadowGator

The Chuckler
Sep 16, 2016
There's a huge difference between a 4.45-4.5 and a 4.65-4.7. Athletically, McDaniel is a top 150 player. He's the kind of guy who could be drafted in the top 10 as a safety. Slaughter will never, ever go in the early rounds of the draft because he simply lacks the burst and speed. That is the difference between the two. In the immediate, Slaughter is better because he is more polished. But, he doesn't have the speed to deal with a Copeland, Jeudy, Ruggs...ect. Which do you prefer UF to have?
1000% Mordi - I just was expressing my appreciation for the info. Most don’t look at offers, 40s or film. Just #27 vs. #32. I know which player the UT coaches preferred. Our kids a baller.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
Exactly - we have a touch notch safety coach that will polish that raw talent!:grin::grin::grin:

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Single thread is fine - don't even know what the bytching is about.
The twitter posts with no comment or translation is lazy AF. Like I'm supposed to know who @taebang69 is. But there's a special place in hell for those posters so I'm good.

List for me to keep track of who's who
5* TE (17th) Darnell Washington
4* WDE (54th) Donnel Harris
4* S (55th) Avantae Williams
4* WR (58th) Xzavier Henderson
4* DT (140th) Timothy Smith
4* RB (145th) JoQuavious Marks
4* RB (171st) Jahmyr Gibbs
4* WR (207) Jimmy Calloway
4* OT (285) Jashua Braun
4* RB (302) Henry Parish
4* S (332nd) Mordecai McDaniel
3* WDE (406th) Morven Joseph
3* DT (437th) Clyde Pinder

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Why is it Avantae Williams is a borderline 5 star as a safety and McDaniel is ranked 32 by Rivals? McDaniel is arguably more physically gifted. We've been watching Donovan Stiner and his slow butt since he arrived on campus. Well, he isn't slow. He runs a solid 4.4 to low 4.5. He doesn't process things well so he plays slower than he is. That is Mordecai McDaniel right now. Does the kid have it between the ears. Stiner certainly doesn't.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Was it Major Wright or Matt Elam who was 4.7? Sometimes people play faster than their raw speed.

Great White Buffalo

Lifetime Member
Dec 7, 2017
Ok ok. I retract. But it is interesting to see how their fan base can construe the flip and claim it as a processed recruit with slaughter in the bag. I suspect we’d do the same here.
Here, on GC? More like.....
4960087.jpg

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I haven't had time to pay attention to recruiting. I looked at the list of commits today, and I'm wondering why the crap we have 8 DBs committed. Are any of these guys expected to be pushed out so we can add players we actually need?

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014

Keep in mind this is the same fan base that feels they’re better than Ala and UF at this point, and insists those games would be different if played now, after their giant wins over Msu, Mizz, Uk, UAB and Vu(where have we seen this before?)

There’s also several posts that Pruitt is 10x the coach Mullen is and they can’t wait to get back to beating us regularly, which has only happened once(thanks Ronald) since the 50s.

It’s impressive what they convince themselves of over there.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Was it Major Wright or Matt Elam who was 4.7? Sometimes people play faster than their raw speed.

Maybe both. If your instincts tell you where you need to go immediately and you take proper angles, speed can basically be manufactured.

I disagree with the Stiner talk actually. I think he had it between his ears but didn’t have the physical tools, which made him the safe pick of coaches. I have no idea on the love affair with Taylor, but pretty sure he just finished tackling a florida state player.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
I haven't had time to pay attention to recruiting. I looked at the list of commits today, and I'm wondering why the crap we have 8 DBs committed. Are any of these guys expected to be pushed out so we can add players we actually need?

So we can go from DBUseless to DBU once again.

bayou gator

Lord I was born a shamblin' man...
Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
I actually think will do pretty well. If the money can flow straight from boosters and supporters directly to recruits legally without having to go through the AD, it would be encouraging. Although I don't think the final rules are set in place yet.

I’ll be shocked if our admins don’t put the nation’s strictest rules in place. I have a feeling our guys won’t have the opportunities that players at other schools will have

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator