Recruiting 2020 Recruiting Thread: Gervon Dexter gets 5th Star on Rivals

Status
Not open for further replies.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
Violent-Crime-Rate-Chart1.png
Interesting. Violent crime began a significant downtrend around 1992, when I joined the CG. I guess word got out that people better calm down before I showed up.

There's been numerous times that in all the excitement, I lost count. Did I fire 5 shots? Or 6? Somebody had to ask themselves a question....

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Interesting. Violent crime began a significant downtrend around 1992, when I joined the CG. I guess word got out that people better calm down before I showed up.

There's been numerous times that in all the excitement, I lost count. Did I fire 5 shots? Or 6? Somebody had to ask themselves a question....
I think the actual lowest point for violent crime was during the Wild West. There’s a good graph out there that labels gun control laws and you can see violent crime rise after each event

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Today's scouting report is on DT Lamar Goods.

Five Play Prospect: Gators DL Lamar Goods Scouting Report

The powerful interior defensive lineman will be the prototypical nose guard, but with unusual athleticism for a nose.

Speed and quickness are always important. All positions need those attributes. One position that rarely sees true quickness or excellent side-to-side athleticism is nose guard. Usually relegated to be the run stopper that takes up two blockers, the nose guard rarely headlines a post-game stat sheet.

Goods brings the size of a nose guard, but also the short-area burst and change of direction often associated with positions like defensive end or tight end. Yes, he’s that athletic.

Final Thoughts

Goods can be a run stopper, but more importantly, he can be disruptive. He’s not just going to be a plugger that teams can run the football one gap over from him. He’s active with his feet and his hands, which allows him to get after the quarterback or ball carrier and play multiple gaps if defensive coordinator Todd Grantham chooses.

The Gators landed one of the most gifted nose guards in the country in Goods - certainly one with high upside.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014

You may want to inform David Turner since he didn't get your memo. Because, Goods said Turner recruited him to play NG.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
“Official Announcement” you say? It must be legit.

Nothing that guy says is legit.

However – it wouldn’t surprise me that we’re not going after him. Like I said a month ago, there is a lot of bad news around his off field activities.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
Nothing that guy says is legit.

However – it wouldn’t surprise me that we’re not going after him. Like I said a month ago, there is a lot of bad news around his off field activities.
I keep hearing this and top teams backing off seems to confirm but does anyone actually know what the bad news is?

JDW

Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018

:bananawave:

He wanted Clayton to DM him...and he replied with a fingers crossed emoji...hmmmm

*BTW this was a sarcastic re-enactment of ppl trying to decipher twitter talk

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.