Recruiting 2020 Recruiting Thread: Gervon Dexter gets 5th Star on Rivals

Status
Not open for further replies.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Well honestly if we’re getting down to it Hitler was Saban Level as a recruiter so there’s that

Let's be honest though. The game has passed Hilter by and he would struggle to land talent in today's landscape. Zero personality, rumors of drug use, and constantly rearranging staff. Not to mention, if I'm a top flight recruit, the last thing I'm doing is attending one of his camps.

JDW

Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
Let's be honest though. The game has passed Hilter by and he would struggle to land talent in today's landscape. Zero personality, rumors of drug use, and constantly rearranging staff. Not to mention, I'd be shocked if any kids would choose to attend his camps.

Yeah the uniforms leave a lot to be desired as well...although the Dwags seem to have the mindset and color scheme on point...and well the way Kirby recruits...I see a lot of similarities to Berlin and Athens

As an addendum even Hitler tried blitzkreig and wasn’t fighting in trenches like Kirby so he may have even been more nuanced

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
There are some major character red flags here that go beyond grades. I don't like putting kids down, but there were some things that have gone on the last couple seasons - one of which was publicly reported - that made me concerned about him being a problem once he was on campus.

I haven't heard anything bad about the kid. What I mean is, this isn't a Jalon Jones or Adarius Lemons type. What I have read is he is a kid who has done something stupid which makes his life a hell of a lot harder. I have always expected him to go juco.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Let's be honest though. The game has passed Hilter by and he would struggle to land talent in today's landscape. Zero personality, rumors of drug use, and constantly rearranging staff. Not to mention, if I'm a top flight recruit, the last thing I'm doing is attending one of his camps.
Have you met a millennial? Hitler would clean up

JDW

Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
Williams must have silented he’s at 92% on the CB to the good guys now

Last edited:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Holee fook. Is that his wikipedia?

I bet The Hefty Lefty wrote that before he died. That brother hated some Brent Peas.

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
More than that...but it would be really harrowing considering I had a vasectomy a couple years ago...that would be an awkward conversation

As long as you don’t have any under the age of 1... I’d say you’re in the clear... for now.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Somebody want to post a mock class showing how we finish up?

For sure. Someone with a master's knowledge of this 2020 recruited class, please do the Recruiter's Digest condensed version, posting their worked-out list of who is locked in, who undecided is Crystal balled to UF at what % to us. Bingo. Right now the sum up all seems better than we expected from "only 2 years in" Mullen & crew.??

I know that is a lot of work to task out. So I understand no one taking it on. All-4-One. Go Gators.

JDW

Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
As long as you don’t have any under the age of 1... I’d say you’re in the clear... for now.

Yeah I think that would be hilarious if someone tried to tell my wife I got em pregnant...that would be a laugh riot

5-Star Finger

Apex predator of the political forum biome
Lifetime Member
Nov 16, 2017
I haven't heard anything bad about the kid. What I mean is, this isn't a Jalon Jones or Adarius Lemons type. What I have read is he is a kid who has done something stupid which makes his life a hell of a lot harder. I have always expected him to go juco.

There's other stuff. This is a bit of a taste of it - and the most public example, but it's been something of a theme going back some years.
Goal accomplished

To be fair, it isn't all on the kid. My hope was the change in scenery and culture would do him some good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.