Recruiting 2020 Recruiting Thread: Gervon Dexter gets 5th Star on Rivals

Status
Not open for further replies.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Nothing will happen there. I’m sure bamuh alum have tagged dabo as saban’s successor (nicky won’t live forever) and don’t wanna see their future situation get jacked up.

He’s never going to Alabama. He makes more money at Clemson and that town is way better than Tuscaloosa.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
He’s never going to Alabama. He makes more money at Clemson and that town is way better than Tuscaloosa.

And, he's making his own history, not having to live up to other coach's history. He's not leaving Clemson.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
You know that and I know that, but Bama boosters don't. They have convinced themselves that Tuscaloosa is the greatest spot on earth and of course Dabo will come home. It will be fun to watch the reaction when he says thanks, but no thanks.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Cant wait for saban and Tom Brady to retire
Just a reminder, Saban was 34-24 at Meatchkin State and 48-16. In his best year at LSU, he lost to Ron Zook, at home in BR.

Is he a good coach? of course.

However, the PRIMARY reason he is winning is Trailerbammer is giving him every CONCEIVABLE advantage, regardless of cost. Their recent announcement of a 600 million dollar facilities upgrade, almost all of which will go to football (while we are touting that we are going to paint the lockerroom), says it all.

That doesnt just mean shiny toilets and waterfalls. That means many dozens of recruiting staffers, dozens of offensive quality and consultants, dozens of defense, dozens of nutrition, dozens of s&c, etc. Hiring every decent recruiter or coach that get fired, if just to get and understand playbooks etc. Several hundred staffers ensure that not the slightest detail is overlooked.

Last edited:

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014

Ok that's fair. I see the issues in recruiting and I while we desperately need facility upgrades I don't think that sells recruits. It may help but doesn't make their final decision. I heard winning cures all as well. Obviously that didn't do it either. Maybe it takes more time? We have problems in all areas and at this point I don't see an immediate answer. We need to at least start with staff upgrades but will that be a cure all? I doubt that too. We have suffered 10 years of mediocracy and I just don't know how we recover.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018

Can you qualify that statement, please? I don't think I have ever heard Stricklin or Mullen blame anything about anything with regards to facilities and other stuff.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
I never wanted Mullen and I threw a fit when he was hired but ended up warming to him as time went on. I think he can coach and I believe he has the desire to win. I just don't know if he has the heart or ability to get rid of dead weight and hire the best.

gatorkev85

Nov 24, 2015
AL GA n Clemson do what they want in Florida and it’s not gonna change until we completely retool our staff or do something actually worth anything on the field it’s gonna start w beating UGA FSU and UM I’d day if we can do that this season were in for something more than what we’ve got at the moment
So now its beat UGA, FSU, and Miami and recruiting will turn around. I'm sick of hearing the same bs from people on this board. Beat this team and that one and everything will change. Let me tell everyone something, recruiting wouldn't change if we beat everyone on the schedule. We could light the world on fire this season and our staff will still be the same guys recruiting kids to come and getting turned down.

Perfect example is look at all the buzz Mullen has had since taking the job. We've had countless elite 5* prospects on campus since he took over and how many walk away and choose different schools. I don't even remember the last time we've had this kind of talent taking visits almost weekly. But none ever commit. If you think it's because we didn't beat UGA last year your crazy its the staff, kids just dont relate to them. Their not drinking the koolaid were serving because none are relatable.

Its not all doom and gloom though I like what Mullen did last year by bring back Grey but he needs to go out and make 3 more hires like that to be able to compete but that would require him to trim the fat from the staff.

I've never understood why coaches don't try and pouch elite recruiters. If I was Mullen I'd look at the last 3 recruiting cycles and see was the best recruiters and try and bring them in by offering more money. You gotta play dirty in this league to survive. Worse thing that happens is the other school has to pay more to keep him.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
4-star WR (CJ Henderson's little brother) Xzavier Henderson is visiting Clemson today. He's planning to take his recruitment late into the cycle, which could be a good thing for UF.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I never wanted Mullen and I threw a fit when he was hired but ended up warming to him as time went on. I think he can coach and I believe he has the desire to win. I just don't know if he has the heart or ability to get rid of dead weight and hire the best.

Mullen can definitely coach and loves being here. I don’t understand why he can’t hire some closers either. After the year he just had he should be killing it. I wonder is Stricklin ever fixed the cost of attending deficit???

Rod or Ron what’s his name really needs to go.....

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I don’t know how much it will help, but I hope we curb stomp miamuh and f$u this year. Would love to see several blue chip flips as a result.
Not just who we beat, but how we beat them ... big score, fun plays, joy jumping sidelines, interacting dynamic HC. = televised for all to see. In addition to how winning we are, what losers FSU & Miami are

I just don't know how we recover.
There's always that rarity = out of the blue 'clicks" like Reaves to Alverez.

I just don't know if he has the heart or ability to get rid of dead weight and hire the best.
We hired Mullen believing he had "the stuff" better than belonged at Miss State, and he brought all Miss State with him?

I don't know more about recruiting than any member on here. So, y'all should follow my lead. :confused:

leogator

May 5, 2018
Rosemy is coming to officially visit this weekend:

I personally don't see why he's so highly rated. I compare him to Swain.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members