Recruiting 2020 Recruiting Thread: Gervon Dexter gets 5th Star on Rivals

Status
Not open for further replies.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Well plenty of smoke on Braun, but Reese has gotten super quiet since the season started

I think we have a good shot w/ Braun. But, my point was that we'd take a Braun (a grad transfer OL) but not a undergrad transfer OL (because we have plenty of underclassman OL's).

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I think we have a good shot w/ Braun. But, my point was that we'd take a Braun (a grad transfer OL) but not a undergrad transfer OL (because we have plenty of underclassman OL's).
I think we'd take a starting SEC tackle in a heartbeat.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Very true (for those watching i the eighties think Carl Banks and LT on opposite sides of the line both as standup LB’s with LT almost always rushing and Banks more of the true LB role from a 4-3). as is the 4-3 under for that mattter that M Manuel seems to run. Each look a bit like a 5-2 with a fair amount of versatility and, I think, try to match up the best d lineman on the best matchups. What is odd, is the 4-3 under seems to use more 1 gap speed rushing inside, ala the Seahawks and, at time Rams with a Donald. With the size we are using under Grantham Gators.0, you’d think he’d play that style intentionally (not just matching). And, We aren’t playing our 3-4 big double gap bodies yet claim to be base 3-4. I know @ltraz identified above matching the offense due to heavy outside man coverage, but it still seems odd how little we play a “big” 3-4 or even 4-2 (with two gap assignment) nickel. That could have helped a bunch versus Missouri.

Makes me think of the TecmoBowl days of yesteryear.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Looks like ESPN made some updates, so the 247 composite changed. 247 will have updates on 2/20, not sure when Rivals will update. Dexter went up quite a bit too:

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Looks like ESPN made some updates, so the 247 composite changed. 247 will have updates on 2/20, not sure when Rivals will update. Dexter went up quite a bit too:

Heard people saying Lee would be too 50 by the end

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member

Everyone knows Lee is special.

Dexter is going to be a beast, too. .

Buckman2000

Oct 1, 2016
It took Mullen some time but he’s starting to get the hang of this recruiting thing. If we can get Bowman and Beck, this class will be inside top 5

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
WHEN WE GE BOWMAN AND BECK, we will be top 3!
We'll get them both most likely and if Beck camps enough he'll shoot up the rankings rather quickly too i'd imagine.

And we're finally back to being heavily involved with a bunch of top 100 players again which is HUGE and where we belong. With chump and butters we were just happy landing a few top 300 guys

BruceWayne

Dec 12, 2016
Everyone knows Lee is special.

Dexter is going to be a beast, too. .

Dexter is 6'7" 276 ! Absolute beast! Is he going to be a DT? It's usually harder for tall guys to play inside like that and get leverage.
I haven't seen any of Lee's tape. The side of these kids is really impressive. 6'0 216 is solid. Is he going to be a RB? I have no idea what he can do. I'm going to watch some highlight videos when I get a chance .I'm just now starting to pay attention to the next class. It's looking really good so far. So glad to see us recruiting like we used to.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Dexter is 6'7" 276 ! Absolute beast! Is he going to be a DT? It's usually harder for tall guys to play inside like that and get leverage.
First true SDE we've had for a while, probably since Bullard. I love his tape.

I agree that I don't like tall guys at NT or DT. However, since we have been forcing anyone over 230 pounds to play DT....

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
We have a lot of real talent in this class but he is probably my favorite so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator