Recruiting 2020 Recruiting Thread: Gervon Dexter gets 5th Star on Rivals

Status
Not open for further replies.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
If we go into next season with the same staff it’s over. Dans tenure is dead man walking

If/when we don’t land one of our last two actual targets at RB, this needs to be the next day’s staff meeting. You can guess which one is Knox.

sBa.gif

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
They’re not all going to start. At least 2 of them could probably eventually switch to SDE. Now I might be wrong about this, but don’t we actually run 4 Down men a lot?

DT is by far the hardest position to predict. A lot of those guys fail out due to grades or they just never have the strength and motor to compete at the SEC level. How many DTs over the years have flat out washed out of the program?

Hell over the last couple years we’ve had a few players who haven’t even made it to campus.

Bring in six down lineman.
One or two probably won’t qualify.
One or two will probably wash out.
One or two won’t be ready for several years.

That probably brings us down to about three that will contribute.

it’s all a numbers game.
Preach

JDW

Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
Morven Joseph received his first CB to UT...we must have processed him too right? I mean come on are we playing with a tennis racket that has no strings...we’re whiffing with every swing we take :banghead::gah:

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
:bwahaha:

It was "informative." Now THAT'S what we wanna hear

Just look at that kid's body language. You can tell he loved every minute of the visit

Just add him to the commit list now. We got him in the bag

Telling’s not selling. We’re at a 5* TE’s house breaking down film, going over the history of the position and average rain fall in North Central Florida. It’s embarrassing. I get that we sell the Pitts factor, but just close this kid on him being even better. As someone said last week, he went to uga and watched an entire game with practically no TE targets. They’re not informing him. They’re just closing him.

Buckman2000

Oct 1, 2016
Morven Joseph received his first CB to UT...we must have processed him too right? I mean come on are we playing with a tennis racket that has no strings...we’re whiffing with every swing we take :banghead::gah:

Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together, mass hysteria!

JDW

Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
I’m more concerned with the perception of the kid spurning us twice for rivals that are in the gutter...And Harris is gonna head to A&M based on his latest interview...2/2

Last edited:

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I’m more concerned with the perception of the kid spurning us twice for rivals that are in the gutter

It’s one of the things the previous staff struggled with, beyond the obvious. Perception is everything and we allowed ourselves to get beaten publicly again and again. If you’re not getting someone, realize it and move on. A huge part of sales is not wasting time, by being cognizant of the signals. They’d get trolled all the way to NSD when we should’ve quietly backed away and focused efforts elsewhere. It’s why some here are so cynical about things. Sometimes you have to just concede and find others. I think Mullen has done a better job of that to a degree, and we are actually landing some great recruits. It’s primarily just RB this year that is being allowed to embarrass the whole cycle. Take Knox out of the equation and we’re all probably a lot more content. I don’t like English either but he at least knew how to recruit at one point. Knox is just ridiculously bad at everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb