Status
Not open for further replies.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Crap I just saw Griffis decomitted. That sucks. He seems very underrated.

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
So you really think it’s a processing move? CDM must be really confident about our recruiting this year.

Heard similar things hinted at since he was a butters recruit that he may want to keep some options open...2 days later he decommits. Seems like a pretty strong indicator he was not high on the board for this staff

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
He just had a really good camp though.

Maybe he was just going full throttle to try to earn a seat.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
giphy.gif

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Whether we wanted him or not, this is why I don't get too excited when kids commit a year in advance.

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
I know it’s early but it’s nice to see two gators coaches in the top 5 of 247s recruiter rankings. It’s also surprising to see Clemson’s d line coach only makes 250k

KklJ1hW.jpg

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Will Sammon posted an article today about Florida needing to sign more 5 stars. This is what he wrote about IMG,

Despite IMG Academy three-star defensive end Josh Griffis no longer being committed to Florida as of Wednesday, IMG head coach Kevin Wright said there is more of a buzz around his campus about the Gators now than in recent years.

“We probably had more kids do more unofficial visits here in the last couple of months to Florida than what we’ve had before,” Wright said. “So I think that all points toward things going well for them. I don’t know if I can remember us having that many kids or having us get as many kids on their campus unofficially over the last few years than as most recently or over the last couple of months.”

In terms of frequency within the NCAA rules, Florida’s appearances at IMG Academy are on par with peers such as Georgia and Alabama, from Wright’s perspective. Mullen once came in a helicopter, players said. Usually, multiple Florida coaches visit at a time.

“I think they’ve been well-received,” Wright said. “They’ve definitely been a big presence on our campus. They were in the fall. And again in January. I don’t see that changing.”

JDW

Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
Carson Beck has scheduled a return trip to Florida for March 12th.

You like him and Bowman this cycle? I think bowman ends up top 20 and Beck will be a top 100 player that’s great for this class but do you think Lee would back off if we get Bowman?

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
You like him and Bowman this cycle? I think bowman ends up top 20 and Beck will be a top 100 player that’s great for this class but do you think Lee would back off if we get Bowman?
Not that i’ve heard.

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
Bowman’s already top 20 on rivals. 247 ranking comes out on the 27th so hell more than likely be a composite 5 star. Think Manuel should reclaim his 5th star yet again after the season. Beck will be consensus top 150 by next week. I’d be surprised after everything we’ve seen if he isn’t consensus top 100.

Bowman’s been all gator for a long time. He is truly a recruit that’s ours to lose. Could very well end up with 3 five stars in this class. Either way I’m not overly concerned with 5 stars as I am with more top 150 kids in general. Need that top end talent.

Lee seems very solid. Doesn’t have any visit plans. Recruits for us. I’ve always had my eye on him as someone who might waver but he hasn’t at all yet.

JDW

Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
Is Joshua Pierre Louis related to Windy by any chance?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member