Recruiting 2020 Recruiting Thread: Gervon Dexter gets 5th Star on Rivals

Status
Not open for further replies.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Bowman’s already top 20 on rivals. 247 ranking comes out on the 27th so hell more than likely be a composite 5 star. Think Manuel should reclaim his 5th star yet again after the season. Beck will be consensus top 150 by next week. I’d be surprised after everything we’ve seen if he isn’t consensus top 100.

Bowman’s been all gator for a long time. He is truly a recruit that’s ours to lose. Could very well end up with 3 five stars in this class. Either way I’m not overly concerned with 5 stars as I am with more top 150 kids in general. Need that top end talent.

Lee seems very solid. Doesn’t have any visit plans. Recruits for us. I’ve always had my eye on him as someone who might waver but he hasn’t at all yet.

Agree on Beck. He's already top 100 on Rivals. I think we get at least 6 top 150's this class.

JDW

Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
Looks like we’re gonna gonna get 3/4 out of the top 100

leogator

May 5, 2018
Keyvone Lee de-committed from Florida. Is Dan cleaning house of the old recruits or are they leaving on their own? He must have heard that Bowman is supposedly a Gator...

Last edited:

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Keyvone Lee de-committed from Florida. Is Dan cleaning house of the old recruits or are they leaving on their own? He must have heard that Bowman is supposedly a Gator...

I thought he committed last March? If so, that'd be his guy.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014

Wow. This is surprising. I was thinking they'd take Lee over EJ Smith (and Smith would be the odd man out). That #4 ranked class is tumbling fast. If we add Beck & Bowman it'll skyrocket, not too worried at this point.

leogator

May 5, 2018
Wow. This is surprising. I was thinking they'd take Lee over EJ Smith (and Smith would be the odd man out). That #4 ranked class is tumbling fast. If we add Beck & Bowman it'll skyrocket, not too worried at this point.
EJ Smith might not be a better RB but will probably bring more buzz to the program as the son of Emmitt. Plus we don't know if he left on his own because of Bowman supposedly committing soon or was encouraged to look around.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
EJ Smith might not be a better RB but will probably bring more buzz to the program as the son of Emmitt. Plus we don't know if he left on his own because of Bowman supposedly committing soon or was encouraged to look around.

TOS is saying Lee just wants to participate in the recruiting process; he said he's heard from Alabama, LSU, UGA, West Virginia and others continuously. I just don't like losing the momentum; we've lost 4 commits in the last 2 months - sure, Griffis may (or may not) have been pushed out - and Richardson may not be as good as Beck (but the word is they may want 2 QBs in this class), the DT from NC was legit and Lee is legit. It's early, I'm not too worried. We'll probably add 5 or more to the class before the Miami game.

JDW

Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
Anyone wanna take a shot at spinning the Lee Decommit? We’re losing guys like crazy and “processing” isn’t really a good take on the last couple weeks

Great White Buffalo

Lifetime Member
Dec 7, 2017
To me, if we're only taking two, it's Bowman and EJ. EJ seems to have the vision and some of the subtle moves that made his dad great.

On another note, I just got off the phone with one of my partners whose husband is a college position coach. He's not a big name, but has long time UF connections (he gave a eulogy at John Reeves funeral). Anyway, he's looking for a new job and got a call from Mullen Wednesday about joining UF as an analyst or in the recruiting dept. Hopefully it's positive sign that we're serious about catching up with bammer and the dwags on those fronts.

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
Anyone wanna take a shot at spinning the Lee Decommit? We’re losing guys like crazy and “processing” isn’t really a good take on the last couple weeks
Lee said he committed only because we were the only team who saw him as an athlete. Not because he liked us. He was always on my list of guys to keep an eye on, and I said so as far back as 1 page.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
I wish you guys the best. I'll tune into this thread in Mid December. I can't deal with the drama for the next 9 months. Peace out!

leogator

May 5, 2018
We just hired an off the field coach to help with recruiting and HS coach relationships, Jamar Chaney who played for Dan at Miss State and was the head coach of St. Lucie Centennial HS:
https://www.tcpalm.com/story/sports...s-football-coach-watkins-promoted/2948927002/

There's also a rumor that we are hiring either a former coach or a former player that us older Gators might recognize for an off the field analyst position.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.