Not open for further replies.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
they've never been in a serious discussion for a national title
They came pretty close against bama 2 title games ago. 1 busted coverage in OT from winning it. I dunno how "serious" the discussion was about it leading up to that game, but they got pretty dang close, and it took a legendary performance from Tua to stop them.

no1g8r

Bringing Reason to the dumb masses
Lifetime Member
Oct 23, 2017
It explains that kids think they will at least get a chance at a championship at Ugaly.

Most of the time I’m on board with your thought process, but what in the blue fuk would make a kid think they have a chance to win one in Athens?

Because you have to get TO the SECCG before you can win the SECCG.

And the best path to the playoffs is to WIN the SECCG.

Kirby can tell a recruit “We could have been in the playoffs this year if only I had you on the team this year. Sign with UGA and we’re a lock for the playoffs next year.”

Dan can’t do anything close to that until we get to the SECCG, preferably by winning in Jax along the way.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
Well, kids know theyve been an automatic in the conf title game for all of their highschool football playing days and won a conf title recently. They also know dwags have been fairly regular in the playoff for a few years now and have multiple title game appearances, and thats about the extent of how far those kids memories go back. Despite them only winning 1 conf crown during that time, a 17 or 18 year old looks and says, well they are right there every year... and with my help we will win. Because that's how most of the blue chippers think.

We hate the dwags so its hard to give them their due, but despite our hate for them and how poor kirby is as a coach, theyve been in the games that matter pretty consistently.
Lol. I know Donk appreciates your help since he is too dumb to think of this himself.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015

And the best path to the playoffs is to WIN the SECCG.

Kirby can tell a recruit “We could have been in the playoffs this year if only I had you on the team this year. Sign with UGA and we’re a lock for the playoffs next year.”

Dan can’t do anything close to that until we get to the SECCG, preferably by winning in Jax along the way.
Sure he can. Heck, even I could. I could look the kid in the eye and say: "If I had had you this year, we beat UGA and go to the championship game. And, furthermore, when we get LSU a second time, we beat LSU." Maybe CDM needs to add me for recruiting. I could replace English and Traz could teach me how to coach safeties.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Well there's that
I guess I need to go to twitter and search for "well there's that".

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I will say this, I think going to the championship game and getting blown the fcck out is worse than not going. we are already seeing how much this is affecting ugly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.