Status
Not open for further replies.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
boner? no it makes me FKKKING FURIOUS that we tolerate this still and that some of you ass hats make excuses for it.
So serious question, because I agree wholeheartedly with you. What % should we expect and at what levels?

For instance, 3 commits at each 10 ranking intervals, 1-10, 11-20, etc? That may be aggressive consider position groups tend to be rated differently, but you get my point. And how many out of state?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
So is the problem facilities/Foley/Stricklin, as was the early season narrative, or Mullen and staff, as has been the narrative for December.

if the answer is “both”, what percentage do you attribute to each?
Who knows? it probably varies kid to kid right?

all are huge factors. the Gap in facilities is worse than ever, Central and South Fl and other conference USA teams mock us.

the size of the support staff remains 1/4 ish of major power 5 teams.

the staff is full of poor recruiters, some of whom appear to be lazy as well.

you're almost asking why the cute chick won't date the fat dude with greasy hair and stinky breath wearing no socks and odiferous feet then asking percentages as the each smell.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
This is hilarious. Clemson has so many good football players signed, it could afford to use a football scholarship to provide a star soccer player to the soccer team. We were astonished that Trask didn't start in HS, this dude didn't even play football. Course, Dabo did say he saw him nail a 65 yd field goal with his right foot and a 50 yd field goal left footed. His name is Tessman.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I'm making zero excuses for their inability to recruit, it HAS to improve, just consider for a moment where we'd be without the transfer portal.....it's downright scary.

Also, consider where pOSU, Oklahoma and LSU would be without it, I'm betting none of the three would be in the playoffs.
True, but those are all QBs. We seem to be doing ok recruiting that position. Point taken though

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
For reference, have we ever taken back the state, or owned the state in recruiting?

I got to believe with Meyer, we got most of the ones we wanted. We definitely missed out on some when he was coach too. Can’t get them all, but Mullen and company should’ve been able to do better, and that’s a problem.

B52G8rAC

SAC Trained Warrior
Lifetime Member
Feb 15, 2016
Some of you guys are so delusional you may want to reside in the state capital. I don't think landing a top ten recruiting class and winning 11 games a year qualifies a failure. It's not just (or even) facilities that hamstring our shot at an elite class, whatever that means. IMHO, it is our institutional bent to follow the rules, all the time, every time. No bagmen. No alumni endorsement deals. No recruits of questionable character (if we can identify them). We are Florida and that is more than a football NC or SEC championship. Bam'ers have nothing else to hold on to. Dwags have never had anything but the forlorn aspiration of football glory. 10rc fans pray for championships and enough money for dental work. LSU is in the poorest state in the Union and football (and athletics in general) is a release for downtrodden. Remember who we are; not only the flagship university for the state but the single elite public university in the whole of the SEC and the south. We cure cancer and build heroes. Athletic prowess is just icing on the cake. GO GATORS!!

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Some of you guys are so delusional you may want to reside in the state capital. I don't think landing a top ten recruiting class and winning 11 games a year qualifies a failure. It's not just (or even) facilities that hamstring our shot at an elite class, whatever that means. IMHO, it is our institutional bent to follow the rules, all the time, every time. No bagmen. No alumni endorsement deals. No recruits of questionable character (if we can identify them). We are Florida and that is more than a football NC or SEC championship. Bam'ers have nothing else to hold on to. Dwags have never had anything but the forlorn aspiration of football glory. 10rc fans pray for championships and enough money for dental work. LSU is in the poorest state in the Union and football (and athletics in general) is a release for downtrodden. Remember who we are; not only the flagship university for the state but the single elite public university in the whole of the SEC and the south. We cure cancer and build heroes. Athletic prowess is just icing on the cake. GO GATORS!!

Now you've done it. Inc. Swonkey in 3...2...1...

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
X. Henderson is all gator. From Sammon’s latest article:

“Just the fact that they throw the ball around, they kind of turned the program around and get everybody the ball,” Xzavier Henderson said. “I want to go to a school where they want to see everybody be great, and it’s not just all for one person. I want to fight for my brothers. I want to block for my brothers.”

See bolded - how could he not want to be a Gator?

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Who knows? it probably varies kid to kid right?

all are huge factors. the Gap in facilities is worse than ever, Central and South Fl and other conference USA teams mock us.

the size of the support staff remains 1/4 ish of major power 5 teams.

the staff is full of poor recruiters, some of whom appear to be lazy as well.

you're almost asking why the cute chick won't date the fat dude with greasy hair and stinky breath wearing no socks and odiferous feet then asking percentages as the each smell.

But then you’re asking a staff, which admittedly has some definite flaws of its own that need to be addressed, to be on par with schools that are killing it. Every school in front of us has better facilities and didn't allow themselves to be in this position. So while I join you in your frustration, and still think changes on staff are needed, I'm not gong to pound on Mullen when he's been hamstrung by people above. It's like you're watching a wheelchair basketball game, recognize the limitations, but yet harping on their spotty transition defense.

Other than being patient, or just shutting football down until we get it fixed, I'm really not sure what else can be done. Be pissed. You should be. We all should be. But I'll give DM credit for taking this on and doing at least better than his predecessors while we pull ourselves out of a hole we allowed people like Foley to dig. Doesn't mean our recruiters are above reproach. But the issues go a lot deeper than Dan Mullen.

Buckman2000

Oct 1, 2016
Recruiting has changed a ton since the 90s. Back then you worried about FSU and Miami. We also worried about Georgia but not to the extent as we worried about the other two. Fast forward to the present, you have Alabama, Clemson, and Georgia taking the top players in the state and leaving the scraps to the rest of us. Imagine if the big instate schools would have been able to keep players like Jeudy, Cooper, or Ridley in state. It doesn’t help that we were inept for a decade. This has to change, but these schools have cemented their footprint in this state, it’s going to be mighty difficult to run them out. It’s no longer enough to win the East, we actually are going to have to beat Alabama in the championship game to turn some heads. Until that happens, we are kind of stuck. Yeah, we can replace some coaches with better recruiters, but at the end of the day Alabama and Clemson can flash rings and Georgia will sell they are close and Florida is not on their level. This is a very sobering reality and I place blame to a certain horsed face buffoon who hired some of the worst coaches in UF history. I’m still shocked people are still in awe at that man. Great softball is winning, but the money maker is football and we have neglected it far too long. To fix the recruiting mess, we need more recruiting staff and shift some of the coaches to off field roles and bring in a couple stud recruiters. At the end of the day, 4 and 5 star players cover a lot of game day deficiencies, just ask UGAy.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
So serious question, because I agree wholeheartedly with you. What % should we expect and at what levels?

For instance, 3 commits at each 10 ranking intervals, 1-10, 11-20, etc? That may be aggressive consider position groups tend to be rated differently, but you get my point. And how many out of state?
I want to own the state, meaning at least, we arent looking up at Clemson or Miami for the top kids.

There is no excuse for us finishing tied w the Clown team who had no coach wrt top 25 and finishing behind them w top 50.

If we win the state, we are fine. We shouldnt waste time in most other areas and should generally take the Florida kid over anyone else unless they are clearly and indisputably better.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.